Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Perception System - Secret Chests?

• 668 posts
    October 12, 2016 12:56 PM PDT

Kilsin and forum clan...

Just an idea I was thinking about that may encourage world exploration even more.  Since all players will be influenced by the perception system (quests), what if players could randomly happen across rare perception points in many possible, random triggers throughout the world.  When this happens, they are triggered a clue as to where a buried treasure may be in the immediate surrounding area.  The player would have to solve the clue in order to gain the chest.  Inside could be one of a kind stuff or interesting loots that are meaningful to the game.

This could be controlled by not allowing the same loot for that player etc...  A lucky or agressive world explorer could have more special drops than most simply by actively trying or by some better luck exploring the correct area or place.  Again, finding one of these spots may be difficult, even if there are many throughout the world.  However, coming across some would be really awesome.

Anyone else think of ways to improve or add on to this idea?

• 80 posts
    October 12, 2016 2:03 PM PDT

Hidden treasure that I can work to find? Yes please as long as whatever it has inside was worth the time.

• 9115 posts
    October 12, 2016 4:37 PM PDT

Yeah, that is a nice idea Pyye but I cannot talk to much on this topic as the team has some pretty cool things in store for the perception system that we are still yet to show off, so definitely keep an eye out for that information ;)

• 624 posts
    October 12, 2016 4:46 PM PDT

Perception tweaked - aye

Dreams crushed - nay

Beans kept - you betcha!

• 3016 posts
    October 13, 2016 4:24 PM PDT

Zikkar said:

Hidden treasure that I can work to find? Yes please as long as whatever it has inside was worth the time.

Ditto..would love that :)

• 9115 posts
    October 13, 2016 9:43 PM PDT

Kumu said:

Perception tweaked - aye

Dreams crushed - nay

Beans kept - you betcha!

Lol, good to see I am doing my job! :D

• 393 posts
    October 14, 2016 12:39 AM PDT

Liked.