Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Currency and encumberence

This topic has been closed.
    • 172 posts
    October 4, 2016 11:07 PM PDT
    In EQ1 currency actually held weight and could have adverse effects on you like a monk and their total weight.

In modern MMOS you can carry as much gold or crowns or gil or whatever it is and bear no weight from it. Not only that, a lot of games don't even put an encumber aspect for armor weight.

Should currency hold weight in pantheon? Should they add an encumberence feature at all?

Yes I believe it should, even though it's a very small detail I think it's the small details that are some of the most important to take in to account that provide a full emersive experience.

Now I can see why this may seem super in convenient however the way I see it is why should my sword weigh 15 and my coins be magically weightless?

Managing your weight also provides another inventory dynamic you'll have to take in to account when going on long venture's or when you delve deep in to a dungeon. you'll really need to decide what is important to bring and what is not.. just like a real adventure.
    • 1584 posts
    October 5, 2016 5:10 AM PDT

How about instead of Currency holding weight lets say if you can hold 50 weight than you have a bag that can hold 10 weight but doesn't add to your total weight but just fills up and you have to get rid of coins to put new coins in?  I don't mind being limited on how much coin i can carry but i dont want to be in a party and than become encumbered and can't fight or defend as effectively as i used to.

Or simply just have a fixed amount, and maybe have a certain quest that is long and tedious for each upgrade to make it bigger, just throwing some ideas out there but id say even the biggest bag shouldn't be over 15 in weight that a lot of coin.  I open for other suggestions, like i said i dont mind being limited on how much coin i can have on me at one time, just dont want the encumberence from coin to be a thing.  I just remember being a Dwarf Warrior, with Full Plate armor on, and i was basically capped on weight, i couldn't even pick up a rusty weapon without being encumbered, and maybe like 40 plat through the variance on coinds before i was encumbered, honestly it was more annoying than anything.  Didn't make my gaming any harder, or anything but lets say if i was is my 5 weight bag and it could only hold my 40 play of variance but i wasnt over weight from it i would be much happier and not as annoyed by the fact.

Mod Edit: Included Double post, please use the edit function instead of creating a new post right under your original post as it is against forum guidelines. :)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at October 5, 2016 4:42 PM PDT
    • 22 posts
    October 5, 2016 6:17 AM PDT

Yes because I want to drop 10000 copper in the newbie area.

• 781 posts
    • 9115 posts
    October 5, 2016 4:45 PM PDT

As Kelem has kindly pointed out, there has been several discussions on this topic already, for that reason I will go ahead and close this one down, please feel free to join in on the already existing conversations and prior to creating a new topic, please use the search function to search for keywords as you will find that after almost 3 years of development that many of these topics have already been created and discussed multiple times.