Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Water battle!

• 58 posts
    September 12, 2016 5:30 PM PDT

Well reading over many poste and information on the game one thing that caught my eyes.

- Limited and class based teleportation may get you close, but in order to reach many destinations you will have to traverse the realm-scarred lands of Terminus through the use of your own two feet, on the back of your mighty steed or even across the seas themselves.

NOW that is awesome!

Im hoping if this the way we are going then ship battles, encounters with pirates or even become one as a secret class or evolution from thieves? Wouldn't that be awesome? Even if there is a public transport via boats where you have no control on the boat itself should have encounters at Sea. 

Yet with this statement, theres alot of things that comes to mind. 

1. there will be an underwater world to explore - it makes only sense!

2. possibly find an island and build your housing there? keep it secret keep it safe! :-P

3. pirate raids and in turn hunting pirates for their loot as a pirate or bounty hunters?

4. becoming a fisherman, not one with a pole but one with a awesome small boat !!

This would open up a totally different experience from what Pantheon is already offering on land! 

What else would you like to see when out in the open seas?

This post was edited by Beez at September 12, 2016 5:30 PM PDT
    • 624 posts
    September 12, 2016 6:08 PM PDT

Sea shantys - sung by bards of course!

• 166 posts
    September 12, 2016 6:32 PM PDT
    I would love to see any kind of water content. Under water als well as on the water using ships.

I like the idea of sailing the seas of Terminus with your own ship to find new adventures. A ship should be something which has to be crafted.

I like your idea of having encounters on public transportation ships, this would prevent you to go afk during the journey.

Having an aquatic race in the game is a good way to start to add over and under water content. The numbers of possibilities are huge, e. g. raiding content, PvP battles, questing zones or gathering spots for crafters. And of course a lot of fun being the captain and discovering new interessting traveling routes or small unknown islands.
    • 173 posts
    September 13, 2016 4:48 AM PDT

I'm all for water content as well.  It opens up a whole new dimension to the game IMO.  Exploring the seas either as a passenger on a transport, or as the captian or possible passenger on a player's ship.  Diving off a ship to explor possible underwater areas.  The possiblities are nearly limitless.

• 78 posts
    September 13, 2016 5:00 AM PDT

I love the idea of water based content, but think that to make it truly engaging would take a lot of resources (who knows, maybe an expansion some day?).

I interpreted "or even across the seas themselves" as being similar to boat travel in EQ1, with a pre-determined route for the boat.

On a side note - I saw this on mmorpg subreddit and thought you might get enjoy it Beez: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z2i42f67ZA

Oh, and don't foget to get DMF from your unfriiendly neighbourhood necromancer before heading underwater.

• 500 posts
    September 13, 2016 5:03 AM PDT

As an old Navy vet I would love to sail the seas of Terminus.  It would add yet another level of challenge and fun to the already intriguing world VR is creating.   Permission to come aboard, Sir!

• 1778 posts
    September 13, 2016 9:24 AM PDT
    +1 Kuma =)
    • 3016 posts
    September 13, 2016 9:38 AM PDT

Beez said:

Well reading over many poste and information on the game one thing that caught my eyes.

- Limited and class based teleportation may get you close, but in order to reach many destinations you will have to traverse the realm-scarred lands of Terminus through the use of your own two feet, on the back of your mighty steed or even across the seas themselves.

NOW that is awesome!

Im hoping if this the way we are going then ship battles, encounters with pirates or even become one as a secret class or evolution from thieves? Wouldn't that be awesome? Even if there is a public transport via boats where you have no control on the boat itself should have encounters at Sea. 

Yet with this statement, theres alot of things that comes to mind. 

1. there will be an underwater world to explore - it makes only sense!

2. possibly find an island and build your housing there? keep it secret keep it safe! :-P

3. pirate raids and in turn hunting pirates for their loot as a pirate or bounty hunters?

4. becoming a fisherman, not one with a pole but one with a awesome small boat !!

This would open up a totally different experience from what Pantheon is already offering on land! 

What else would you like to see when out in the open seas?

Sea monsters that attack your ships,  (Kraken?)  Love the idea of pirates,  FULL capability to explore underwater,  no loss of strength/energy/life as you explore further out to sea.   Sharks,  sea turtles,  fish...seaweed,  coral.   (kay imagination going full bore here)   

Cana