Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Danger-Danger

• 319 posts
    September 12, 2016 7:42 AM PDT

I would like to see some stray mobs in all the zones like the griffons in e commons or the giants in w commons and Oasis. It was real classic and kept everyone on there toes at most times. Completly safe zone can be a bit boring at times.

• 40 posts
    September 12, 2016 8:19 AM PDT

I agree. Zones where all lvl are concerned make better world.

Stress and adrenaline when you're low lvl. Nostalgia and challenging when you come back 30 or 40 lvl higher.

• 613 posts
    September 12, 2016 10:55 AM PDT

Isaya said:

I would like to see some stray mobs in all the zones like the griffons in e commons or the giants in w commons and Oasis. It was real classic and kept everyone on there toes at most times. Completly safe zone can be a bit boring at times.

Plus the cookie cutter environments added to the game getting stale.  I am hoping for roaming mobs.

Ox

• 166 posts
    September 12, 2016 11:27 AM PDT

I have some "good" memories regarding pathing mobs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a42Wvd2pqdI

In WoW vanilla Mor'Ladim was an elite mob with a far higher lever as a usual players questing in this area. There were plenty of quests which are located in his action area. Most of the time he came when you are fighting other mobs for quests. If he not one hits you, you had a little chance to run away, but most of the time he kills you. He was the first big threat in game I can remember. He costed me a lot of money to repair my equiment, but looking back the encounters with him were real funny.

• 151 posts
    September 12, 2016 11:30 AM PDT

Kizdean Gix must DIE!!

17 years later I still remember that punk coming out of nowhere to hand me my butt.

This post was edited by Maximis at September 12, 2016 11:32 AM PDT
    • 613 posts
    September 12, 2016 11:43 AM PDT

Maximis said:

Kizdean Gix must DIE!!

17 years later I still remember that punk coming out of nowhere to hand me my butt.

LOL, oh yes I do have the same memories.  

Ox

• 668 posts
    September 13, 2016 5:37 PM PDT

Lol don't forget about these two guys!!

http://wiki.project1999.com/images/Npc_dorn_b%60dynn.png 

This post was edited by Pyye at September 13, 2016 5:40 PM PDT
    • 173 posts
    September 13, 2016 6:03 PM PDT

I love the idea.  I remember in EQ2 in the Peat Bog there was a named that roamed and was quite higher than the zone.  Don't remember if it was one of the slimes or rats, but it ate me more than once becuase I wasn't paying enough attention.

• 76 posts
    September 13, 2016 7:41 PM PDT

I agree 100% with this, in many games i loved hitting somthing without thinking only to get stomped into the dust. eq2/ffxi heck even wow it happened so i would love to see it back.

Edit: i feel i should talk more about my experiances around this. In ffxi the place which comes to mind the most was the dunes which any ffxi player will know and hate. well when you leveled there as a group you pulled three things mostly, goblins fish and crabs god forbid you pulled a ghost as they would whipe your whole group in seconds and only spawned at night.

The other big moment that stands out in this game always made me rage and laugh at the same time. Ffxi had a feature where elementals would spawn durring weather, they were totally passive most of the time but they were strong even for the areas they spawned in. Yep passive untill you cast a spell that is, they would agro from miles away and turn you to a stain on the ground.

ps. i can't be the only one who saw the title of this post and screamed "high voltage" in their head am i? haha

This post was edited by Akailo at September 13, 2016 7:48 PM PDT
    • 114 posts
    September 13, 2016 10:01 PM PDT

One of my fondest EQ memories is in early 1999, and my husband and I were finally in Commonlands. After exploring near Befallen entrance, it grew dark as the sun went down, and we had only faded lightstones to see by. We were only about level 6 iirc, and we're killing snakes, skeletons, wandering mummies, and wolves together.

We were near a hut and decided to go inside and figure out our next move. Suddenly, we can hear what sounds like wings flapping. Giant unfriendly wings!

We look at each other (we were in the same room), and decide to sit tight because we were in a hut and whatever was flapping shouldn't be able to see us since it was dark.

Next thing we see is a giant Griffin kicking the crap out of us in less than 2 secs each, and "Loading.....please wait!"

17 years later we both still laugh at how scary it actually was at the time...I hope we can experience that same feeling of terror, adventure, and sheer fun in Pantheon that we had in old EQ.

This post was edited by Frogz0r at September 13, 2016 10:01 PM PDT
    • 249 posts
    September 13, 2016 10:20 PM PDT
    This was mentioned towards the end of one of the streams. Theyre already planning on doing this
    • 63 posts
    September 14, 2016 7:33 AM PDT

I would love to see roaming high level mobs with an agenda. For example: some Khaga Sands (south Reignfall) desert tribesman needing to tavel to the dead vault (north Reignfall) to retrieve some sort of item that he will bring back home to assist his people. So this mob may make a journey every now and again across multiple zones to perfrom some sort of specific function. That way, maybe if he is killed, you could pick-up a quest to retrieve and return or simply return the item on his person to his tribe. This way it brings some story/lore to the table rather than mindless roaming mobs.

Also, would love to see some notes taken from the ffxi playbook and have specific mobs spawn on specific days/weather/time of day type situations. 

Edit: To add a non-cross zone example-- but maybe an ogre circling a zone hacking at trees and collecting wood to return to his clan or return to a location where he is constructing something. Simpler take, but something like this would be cool in my opinion.

This post was edited by kiwenzel at September 14, 2016 7:35 AM PDT
    • 29 posts
    September 14, 2016 7:40 AM PDT

Do not fret, for our Lord Brad shall deliver us unto the dreadful nostalgia of which we seek. My faith is absolute!

• 793 posts
    September 14, 2016 9:38 AM PDT

This concept added so much life to the game. In your early years you knew you were never fully safe, and the joy of returning many levels later to slay these beasts that caused us so much grief long before.

I do hope collisions are bettr though, as in Frogz0r's example, being in side a hut, I would hope you're safe from general predetors, maybe orcs or undead enter the hut, but never have to worry about animals and such hitting you through walls. :)

Done right it would encourage people to go inside these buildings for some semi-safety when one needs to go AFK. They may not be 100% safe, but it's better than AFK in the middle of nowhere, maybe even have the shopkeep kick you out if you're there too long without purchasing something.