Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Why do I always end up with so many Alts???

• 6 posts
    September 3, 2016 7:00 PM PDT

I was thinking about all the MMO's I've played in my life and why is it that in every game I seem to have so many Alts. Not only do I have my main account filled withg Alts, but I usually have several sub accounts filled with Alts also. Why is this I finally asked myself?

I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to know what some of the other class capabilities and limitations are, but I usually don't level all my alts to max level just to find out what the other classes are like. So what's wrong with me? Do I need to start attending AA meetings just to tell others I'm addicted to Alts?

No, it's not me, it's the game developers fault! (Whew! No more AA meetings for me.) They are the ones that always limit how many professions one can aquire (usually only 2). I have all these other Alts mostly because it's the only way for me to level all the differant crafting professions. Why can't one toon do all professions? Ok, maybe not all of them at first, but how about progressivly harder questing for the the others? Like helping the local Blacksmith out by assisting in crafing a large number of weapons needed for a skirmish outside the city walls?

I just don't want to have an account with 8 Alts just so I can do all the crafting professions. Why is it so wrong to just have one toon that can do that? I've played games where you can harvest everything, but I don't harvest just to make a few coin. I do it because I need the mats to make stuff for my myself and teammates. There has to be some type of comprimise here.

• 105 posts
    September 4, 2016 5:07 AM PDT

If you can have all crafting and gathering professions on one character then there will be no need for you to interact with other players to progress your crafting. This would be completely against the tenants of the game, crafting interdependency is key to a vibrant and social world.

Yes, you can just have an alt with different crafting professions but unless you have all the time in the world you should not be able to have numerous alts which have mastered all crafting professions.

Your chosen crafting profession should be a big part of who your character is and it should require dedication and hard work to achieve success.