Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Some mechanics questions

• 20 posts
    August 26, 2016 7:08 AM PDT

Not sure if anyone has heard from the developers on this, but there are some features I always really liked about classic EQ and i'm wondering if any of these will be implemented into Pantheon since the standard MMORPGs today don't do this.

1. Weight system.

2. Limited inventory space (bag system like EQ1)

3. Clickies

4. Items not binding on equip, but being either drop/nodrop/notrade. Tradeable items not having level requirements.

5. Currency taking up weight and needing to exchange at a banker

6. 7 Day corpse decay / 3 hour rez timer (halted on logout) mechanic.

7. Zones? (I know there was the stream where they zoned into a dungeon, but more effectively will the territories of a continent be seperated into zones? If so, will there not be tethering like there is in the more mainstream MMORPGs?

8. Food/water system for regenerating health/mana. (Not talking about standard MMORPGs where your mana will regenerate quickly while eating/drinking but rather talking about classic EQ where your HP/Mana would not even generate if you did not have food/water respectively.)

9. Pre-nerf items <-- it looked like when certain items were nerfed, that people who had them before the nerf got to keep their items in their current state. Will this ever be the case for when nerfs occur in Pantheon or will people who already owned the item also always have their item nerfed?

This post was edited by Pindrought at August 26, 2016 7:08 AM PDT
    • 1303 posts
    August 26, 2016 7:11 AM PDT

I'll take a quick stab at some of these, but I bet I'll be corrected :) 

1. Weight system.  --- Unknown/possible. 

2. Limited inventory space (bag system like EQ1) -- Yes. 

3. Clickies -- Unknown/possible.

4. Items not binding on equip, but being either drop/nodrop/notrade. Tradeable items not having level requirements. -- Unknown/Possible but limited? 

5. Currency taking up weight and needing to exchange at a banker --- Unknown. 

6. 7 Day corpse decay / 3 hour rez timer (halted on logout) mechanic. --- Unknown / Undecided

7. Zones? (I know there was the stream where they zoned into a dungeon, but more effectively will the territories of a continent be seperated into zones? If so, will there not be tethering like there is in the more mainstream MMORPGs? - Yes. The gameworld is zone-based, but no instancing. 

8. Food/water system for regenerating health/mana. --- Unknown

9. Pre-nerf items <-- it looked like when certain items were nerfed, that people who had them before the nerf got to keep their items in their current state. Will this ever be the case for when nerfs occur in Pantheon or will people who already owned the item also always have their item nerfed? --- Unknown, but they have said that the support and even embrace emergent behavior. Not sure if that supports the notion or not. 

• 644 posts
    August 26, 2016 7:12 AM PDT

I agree and want every single one of these.

• 1778 posts
    August 26, 2016 8:46 AM PDT
    Think Feyshtey is on target. That said some of those I might add that while we haven't specifically heard one way or another. I know on almost every topic the devs have mentioned it or have been favorable to it.

Corpse runs still undecided. But they want to test out various death penalties in alpha and get fee back

Yes to zones and mob behavior will work differently per mob family and behavior and disposition and this will effect if they run away or chase you to the zone line.

The only thing I never remember reading or hearing from devs is about pretty nerf items. But I'm gonna guess if it's broken they will fix it. Some things are just too broken to remain inot game. For a good example look upretty old videos of kraken club dark knights in FFXI. Soooo broken!
    • 1778 posts
    August 26, 2016 8:47 AM PDT
    *prenerf
    • 40 posts
    August 26, 2016 5:05 PM PDT

Pre-nerf items are bit risky, sometimes an item messes up the gamebalance badly in ways the devs never considered. I would avoid this or at least have a case for case policy on that one if I were in charge... Yeah, it is annoying when a cool item you have becomes "meh" but it isn't very fun either if you can't possibly get the games best items because a bug or mistake meant that they only dropped before you started or that week you were at vacation...

The rest sounds good, even if I am undecided on the corpse decay...