Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Perception question

• 51 posts
    August 19, 2016 5:23 PM PDT

The Perception System, from everything I've seen and read, seems to be based on the environment, but might there be a place for it in combat as well? If it has been mentioned I apologies cause I missed it.

What I mean is some type of indicator when the mob may be vulnerable to something. For example during a fight the warrior may get a prompt that says something like 'Orc Warrior has over extended himself' and the warrior is given a small window of opportunity to use his kick ability to break the knee of the Orc Warrior scoring a crit and giving the mob a crippling effect for the rest of the fight.

This wouldn't necessarily happen for every fight but it is something that seems like it would keep everyone engaged during the fight in order to fully contribute.

Thoughts?

• 763 posts
    August 20, 2016 12:44 AM PDT

I would be happier to consider extension to the 'consider' via 'perception'.

1.  Perhaps 'consider' and/or 'perception' can be improved (through use of a skill to be learned/practiced).

2.  This then can have impact (as you say above) with regards 'detail'.

Consider (Pun intended):

PRIMARY effect:

Message: 'A Frost Giant glares at you threteningly, what would you like your tombstone to say?'

i.e. (i) Faction (gross) and (ii) Consider (gross)

SECONDARY effect:

Message: 'Closer consideration shows the Frost Giant glaring at your neclace_of_shrunken_Frost_Giant_Skulls'

Message: 'With further consideration, you hear him muttering about you having killied over 10,000 Frost Giants'

i.e. (i) Faction hints as to *what* or *why* for biggest faction effect

TERTIARY effect:

Message: 'Your lance_of_fire spell seemed to almost completely avoid his defenses'

Message: 'The Frost Giant seemed to overextend himself when he used his overhead_smash'

Message: 'When he raises his GreatAxe, you spot a tiny chink in his armour'

i.e. (i) observable effects attack/defence and (ii) possible times/places to attack/defend

EDIT: Just cannot spell some mornings!

This post was edited by Evoras at August 20, 2016 12:45 AM PDT