Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Follow the Path or leave a Trail?

• 9115 posts
    August 18, 2016 4:04 AM PDT

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 1303 posts
    August 18, 2016 4:08 AM PDT

Option 3. 
    Leave the path, and leave no evidence nor witnesses... 

• 563 posts
    August 18, 2016 4:31 AM PDT

I tend to get very distracted by what I see off the path and wonder off, hopefully not getting too turned around to find the path again :P

• 9115 posts
    August 18, 2016 5:34 AM PDT

Feyshtey said:

Option 3. 
    Leave the path, and leave no evidence nor witnesses... 

You read my mind ;)

• 9115 posts
    August 18, 2016 5:35 AM PDT

Rachael said:

I tend to get very distracted by what I see off the path and wonder off, hopefully not getting too turned around to find the path again :P

Haha, I tend to do the same when I am immersed and see something cool off in the distance ;)

• 200 posts
    August 18, 2016 6:17 AM PDT

Really good graphics! 

And in this situation i would not leave the trail. In those ruins maybe there is something interesting.

Greetings

• 763 posts
    August 18, 2016 6:22 AM PDT

hmm I count no less than 9 potential ambush spots!...

... if you think I am going to advance into that death-trap without flanking cover you are nuts!

Where *is* that scout?...

'HEY!, Bob, time to earn your keep!'

• 9115 posts
    August 18, 2016 6:51 AM PDT

Larirawiel said:

Really good graphics! 

And in this situation i would not leave the trail. In those ruins maybe there is something interesting.

Greetings

I checked and I wouldn't advise going there alone ;)

• 9115 posts
    August 18, 2016 6:52 AM PDT

Evoras said:

hmm I count no less than 9 potential ambush spots!...

... if you think I am going to advance into that death-trap without flanking cover you are nuts!

Where *is* that scout?...

'HEY!, Bob, time to earn your keep!'

Haha, it is certainly a beautiful looking area but looks can be deceiving as you have guessed ;)

• 112 posts
    August 18, 2016 7:09 AM PDT

continue the time honored mmo tradition of making a female character and dance on top of that pillar for tips lol

or leave the path...maybe ill find another, hidden path that leads to some lost city, so overgrown by the forest that you wont see it till you're right on top of it (please?)

This post was edited by werzul at August 18, 2016 7:11 AM PDT
    • 432 posts
    August 18, 2016 8:14 AM PDT

Kilsin, thank you so much for posting these screenshots. It's great to have something like this now and again. Also, sometimes you gotta make a new trail, other times it's 'meh' and you gotta get there quick and safely.

-Todd

• 147 posts
    August 18, 2016 9:28 AM PDT

Would leave a trail and wait.......

• 1778 posts
    August 18, 2016 9:49 AM PDT
    Time to go off road!
    • 202 posts
    August 18, 2016 10:20 AM PDT

That is some amazing graphics, cannot wait to play!.

That pillar makes me think there would be some sort of perception check to go with it. Why is that pillar just standing there? Is there something magical to it? Was it just abandoned architecture? Could it just me a "Mile Marker"?

• 613 posts
    August 18, 2016 11:01 AM PDT

Great shot! Now I get cautious when I see ruins in the distance.   What’s curious is that pillar. Warning marker maybe?   It conjures up curiosity and the hint of apprehension to approach. Leave the path or take the trail indeed. I think a path the right of pillar staying in the tree line may be appropriate. There is something not right about this location.

Ox

• 16 posts
    August 18, 2016 11:05 AM PDT

As long as I am traveling with a group of friends... I'd say both!   Let's investigate the woods a bit... then continue on down the trail.  

But first.... Let me dance for you on top of that pillar to get group morale up!

• 624 posts
    August 18, 2016 6:03 PM PDT

Cheap hand drum ... 50 cp

Tightly laced leather boots, made for running ... 5sp

Fancy plumed hat, complete with ostrich feathers ... 2gp

Dieing to a grizzly ambush down Kilsin's "friendly trail" while tapping a triple-time travel tempo, then realizing bards aren't in the game yet ... Priceless!

• 9115 posts
    August 18, 2016 10:53 PM PDT

tehtawd said:

Kilsin, thank you so much for posting these screenshots. It's great to have something like this now and again. Also, sometimes you gotta make a new trail, other times it's 'meh' and you gotta get there quick and safely.

-Todd

You're welcome Todd, I love taking these and sharing them with you all :)

• 9115 posts
    August 18, 2016 10:53 PM PDT

Kumu said:

Cheap hand drum ... 50 cp

Tightly laced leather boots, made for running ... 5sp

Fancy plumed hat, complete with ostrich feathers ... 2gp

Dieing to a grizzly ambush down Kilsin's "friendly trail" while tapping a triple-time travel tempo, then realizing bards aren't in the game yet ... Priceless!

Hahaha, love it man! :D

• 500 posts
    August 19, 2016 3:30 AM PDT

Thanks for the screenie Kilsin.  The environment looks wonderful.  I can't wait to see what kind of trouble I can get into.

• 173 posts
    August 19, 2016 5:19 AM PDT

Normally I'm a leave the trail kinda guy, but those ruins just HAVE to be explored *shoves the scout ahead to....scout*

Amazing graphics.  I soo can't wait to play :)

• 513 posts
    August 19, 2016 7:02 AM PDT

No path.  No trail.  Investigate, close with, and destroy the enemy.  Once the area is secure, set up an encampment so that I get teh bonuses!