Forums » The Dire Lord

Dire Lord = Necromancer?

• 14 posts
    August 15, 2016 8:45 PM PDT

Seems like it. Not sure why they dont just call it necromancer. I guess you could assume its a shadowknight type class, but nothing in the description points to that. The description sounds more like a necromancer than a shadowknight. 

• 105 posts
    August 16, 2016 2:16 AM PDT

Personally, the current description reminds me very much of the necromancer (Priests of Rathma) from the Diablo (Blizzard) novels. 

• 333 posts
    August 16, 2016 10:24 AM PDT

Originally it was a shadowknight type class.  There was a poll on the old boards to rename them, went from dread lord to dire lord.

• 38 posts
    September 15, 2016 8:45 PM PDT
    They should have kept "Dread Lord", as the class name
    • 4377 posts
    November 6, 2016 5:46 PM PST

My first impression was that it was more like a Shadow Knight. Either way, I'm kinda hoping it'll have a very unique playstyle, therefore warranting a whole new name so as to not give people false impressions about how the class is expected to be played. As near and dear EQ1 is to my heart, I think it's important to not constantly compare Pantheon to it. There has to be some room for brand new ideas.

• 52 posts
    January 27, 2017 9:57 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

My first impression was that it was more like a Shadow Knight. Either way, I'm kinda hoping it'll have a very unique playstyle, therefore warranting a whole new name so as to not give people false impressions about how the class is expected to be played. As near and dear EQ1 is to my heart, I think it's important to not constantly compare Pantheon to it. There has to be some room for brand new ideas.

Ill wait until it is clear what kind of class this will be before I start spouting crazy ideas around :-) but I really hope every class gets a unique playstyle!

• 2735 posts
    January 31, 2017 4:51 PM PST

Dire Lord is a melee/caster tank. If the EQ Shadowknight and the VG Dread Knight had a baby it would be Dire Lord. 

• 16 posts
    February 11, 2017 8:34 AM PST

awe I hope they make a necromancer.. I spent years playing mine, grinding aa's at plane of fire tables.. not being strongest group player, but being able to hold my own and still solo if I wanted. those were the days to my heart as well... I also agree some change is needed even tho eq is close to mine as well.

• 4377 posts
    February 11, 2017 11:53 AM PST

PandaMan said:

awe I hope they make a necromancer.. I spent years playing mine, grinding aa's at plane of fire tables.. not being strongest group player, but being able to hold my own and still solo if I wanted. those were the days to my heart as well... I also agree some change is needed even tho eq is close to mine as well.

They already said there will definitely be a necromancer, eventually. It's not guaranteed at launch, but it's already listed in the race/class combo's, so if it's not at launch, it'll come soon after.

• 16 posts
    February 11, 2017 11:56 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

PandaMan said:

They already said there will definitely be a necromancer, eventually. It's not guaranteed at launch, but it's already listed in the race/class combo's, so if it's not at launch, it'll come soon after.

good to know. thank you!

• 6 posts
    May 29, 2017 3:24 PM PDT

Gomok said: They should have kept "Dread Lord", as the class name

Agree, I hope they open this naming back up now that they have a larger audience. Dread Lord is much better.