Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Promoting Pantheon

• 19 posts
    July 30, 2016 11:00 AM PDT

So I was checking out how my Blue Jays were doing on a sports site realgm.com and surprise the banner ad was for Pantheon! I have seen ads for it on gaming websites,but this is the first time I saw an ad on a more 'general population' website. Is this a stronger push for subscribers or is this business as usual and I just haven't seen it because I am clueless lol.

Anyway, seems encouraging.

• 176 posts
    July 30, 2016 1:32 PM PDT

I think adds are normally displayed to you based on your web activity but I am far from a master of such things so do not go to the bank with it ;)

• 9115 posts
    July 30, 2016 5:59 PM PDT

Business as usual man and they are targeted ads so everyone sees a different ad there based on their browsing history or whatever info google collects, so if you search for games similar to Pantheon or ones that have similar traits like MMORPG, immersive etc., it shows our ad to those gamers and we have been running this campaign for a while now. :)

• 107 posts
    July 30, 2016 7:17 PM PDT

they are always watching, scribling notes in dark places. they know your most intimate secrets, and they never forget.

• 24 posts
    July 31, 2016 6:37 AM PDT

This morning I told a few people I know and made conversation about it in general chat on my current server. Zero flames and a few people even came over here looking for beta access.

• 781 posts
    July 31, 2016 11:07 AM PDT

Yup, word of mouth is the best advertisement if you ask me :) I've been telling everyone that i run in to.  Amazes me how many poeple still haven't heard of it yet though  :( 

• 644 posts
    August 1, 2016 9:56 AM PDT

Kelem said:

Yup, word of mouth is the best advertisement if you ask me :) I've been telling everyone that i run in to.  Amazes me how many poeple still haven't heard of it yet though  :( 

Agreed but, remember *WE* are the hardcore fanatics who will sit here and stew for 20 months while waiting for open beta (and be happy about it).

The other end of the bell curve are the transactional pay-to-win MOBA players who will never have any interest in this.

The middle and majority of the bell curve will be folks slightly less passionate than us, but who could become hooked on the game.  You don't want to yank the hook too early or the big fish will get away.

This post was edited by fazool at August 1, 2016 9:56 AM PDT