Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Syngerigized Class Auras

• 9 posts
    July 12, 2016 10:42 PM PDT

White light is made up of different colors in the visible spectrum.

What is all classes had an aura that affected the party (even if said aura was invisble), and then when two syngeristic auras crossed, the party obtained a different effect?

These don't have to be OP, but it could be something small, an enchanter and a rogue give you 1% haste bonus, or cleric and crusader give you 1% armor.

By not making them OP, you're not saying we must have instead of this filthy crusader, instead it's just a nice bonus when you do have certain classes.  VR could even change the interactions if they needed to create more class balance: we have too few summoners, better change their party aura when grouping with one of the more popular classes.

I don't expect anyone to think this is a good idea (though I do), instead if there's any part that got you thinking about something related to class auras or class synergy, post ;-)

• 595 posts
    July 12, 2016 10:56 PM PDT

I'll need some more time to think about this and all the possibilities, but on the surface I love the idea.  One of the fun little mental exercises I do is try to formulate “THE best party composition"TM :D and this would add another layer into that never ending quest!  

This idea seems to add a really cool layer to the group dynamic in addition to any synergies (boons/banes) that come from individual class abilities (like VG, GW2, etc).  Seems like a sweet idea to me!

This post was edited by Nikademis at July 12, 2016 10:59 PM PDT
    • 112 posts
    July 13, 2016 4:00 PM PDT

interesting.

a blue aura has a chill effect

yellow aura has poison effect

one of each in the group creates a green, healing effect

simplistic, but we are going to have all sorts of different colored mana, could be interesting if people choose what mana they use, not just for spell effect/class role, but for group synergy as well

• 172 posts
    July 13, 2016 4:46 PM PDT

werzul said:

interesting.

a blue aura has a chill effect

yellow aura has poison effect

one of each in the group creates a green, healing effect

simplistic, but we are going to have all sorts of different colored mana, could be interesting if people choose what mana they use, not just for spell effect/class role, but for group synergy as well

Problem is, to many colors just makes brown every time....