Forums » The Skar

Skar Shaman

• 718 posts
    July 11, 2016 2:15 PM PDT

I'm connecting the dots a bit here, but given the image included in the Shaman class reveal, Skar Shaman looks to be a confirmed class/race combo.  Though, I have to admit I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at in the image.  Is the Shaman the one floating?  Or is the Shaman in the foreground?  Or are they both Shaman (they both appear to be Skar)?

Skar Shaman always felt like a great fit to me and will be on the short list for my main class/race in the event this is confirmed.

Edit: added image link.

This post was edited by Nikademis at July 11, 2016 2:16 PM PDT
    • 4528 posts
    November 7, 2016 11:58 AM PST

My interpretation is that the shaman is the one on the left wearing the headdress. It's almost impossible to determine their race, (and that's probably the point) but they seem to lack the iconic skin spikes of the skar. I think a skar shaman would be interesting. They seem to have a deep and uncontrollable anger which may interfere with their ability to focus on rituals. But I don't think it's that much of a stretch.

• 752 posts
    April 4, 2017 10:05 PM PDT

A member of a war-loving, prejudiced race which preaches healing, peace, and the spirituality of nature. 

Then there's the dark, more prejudiced view of shamans which makes them out to love cursing things and worshipping evil gods/spirits. 

I don't think they'd have many shamans but a few elders+elder apprentices who have been "awakened" to a higher state of thinking, and who guide their race's direction toward ends only they can see, is probably fitting. It certainly adds personality to the race.

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at April 4, 2017 10:08 PM PDT