Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

last video quetion.

• 70 posts
    July 3, 2016 7:36 PM PDT

what was orwin doing at 21:15 of the youtube vid? is that a forage ability? kinda reminds me of something of that sort??

• 9115 posts
    July 4, 2016 3:01 AM PDT

It was a looting animation, checking a Black Dagger Keep guards body :)

• 132 posts
    July 4, 2016 10:10 PM PDT

I have a question too. The caster wearing the robe: when casting the character was spreading legs and squating like it was giving birth to a watermelon.

Any chance since these are place holder models we can maybe replace that animation or tone it down a bit ;p

• 9115 posts
    July 4, 2016 10:53 PM PDT

Medjai said:

I have a question too. The caster wearing the robe: when casting the character was spreading legs and squating like it was giving birth to a watermelon.

Any chance since these are place holder models we can maybe replace that animation or tone it down a bit ;p

We won't be wasting time changing any placeholder stuff, Medjai, while we are hard at work and focussed on getting the game into testing, the whole reason for having them is just to show a default action so we can show other aspects of the game off, when we start work on our own, they will be completely replaced ;)

• 132 posts
    July 4, 2016 11:01 PM PDT

We won't be wasting time changing any placeholder stuff, Medjai, while we are hard at work and focussed on getting the game into testing, the whole reason for having them is just to show a default action so we can show other aspects of the game off, when we start work on our own, they will be completely replaced ;)

Oh no. I didn't mean replace the animations on the placeholder models. lol.

Are you guys going to completely replace the character model and animations (spell effects?) with all new stuff ?

• 1434 posts
    July 4, 2016 11:06 PM PDT

Models and animations are placeholders. Not sure what else is, but I've heard them say both of those are.

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    July 5, 2016 2:17 AM PDT

Dullahan said:

Models and animations are placeholders. Not sure what else is, but I've heard them say both of those are.

Correct -- *both* are placeholder.

• 9115 posts
    July 5, 2016 4:30 AM PDT

Medjai said:

Are you guys going to completely replace the character model and animations (spell effects?) with all new stuff ?

Yes, and I did give this answer in my last post, "when we start work on our own, they will be completely replaced ;)".

Character Animations and Models are among a few things that will be completely replaced with our own and not to call you out specifically as this is for everyone to read but we have been saying this for a very long time now.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at July 5, 2016 4:32 AM PDT
    • 432 posts
    July 5, 2016 8:40 AM PDT

Character Animations and Models are among a few things that will be completely replaced with our own and not to call you out specifically as this is for everyone to read but we have been saying this for a very long time now.

It may be a good idea to update the disclosures read at the beginning of livestreams. Telling players it's pre-alpha isn't stopping the same questions. Then again, who's to say the people asking the questions aren't brand new to everything. It's hard to repeat yourself, but being a trainer for years I know beating a dead horse is how you get it done. 

Poor Kilsin, having to repeat himself constantly. I can only imagine the bubbling rage within as he trains Aradune on the livestreams. *sigh* 

just kidding :)

-Todd

• 9115 posts
    July 5, 2016 9:13 AM PDT

tehtawd said:

It may be a good idea to update the disclosures read at the beginning of livestreams. Telling players it's pre-alpha isn't stopping the same questions. Then again, who's to say the people asking the questions aren't brand new to everything. It's hard to repeat yourself, but being a trainer for years I know beating a dead horse is how you get it done. 

Poor Kilsin, having to repeat himself constantly. I can only imagine the bubbling rage within as he trains Aradune on the livestreams. *sigh* 

just kidding :)

-Todd

It's mainly new players asking so it would be pointless, most people familiar with dev builds and pre-alphas will know many things are placeholders but our community should have heard us say it previously as we say it a lot ;)

I have been repeating myself for over 2 years now as it is part of my job, so no rage here, but training them was fun! lol :)

• 231 posts
    July 5, 2016 11:00 AM PDT

Give yourselves a guildtag that's

I pretty much assume that unless you guys post an official pic on whatever location that it's not finished yet. So far it seems that you guys are concentrating on building/showing off that pretty world, graphics wise.

• 9115 posts
    July 5, 2016 5:19 PM PDT

tanwedar said:

Give yourselves a guildtag that's

I pretty much assume that unless you guys post an official pic on whatever location that it's not finished yet. So far it seems that you guys are concentrating on building/showing off that pretty world, graphics wise.

That is a good way to look at it :)

We are actually focussing on a lot more than that but unless we listed everything it would be hard to tell, as a lot of the mechanics and features that the team is working so hard on are not visible for the most part or ready to be shown off but yes, graphics (as in world building and zone flow) are big priorities at the moment too.

• 316 posts
    July 5, 2016 8:22 PM PDT
    Last q before this falls down: does that also means replacing all the spell visual effects we saw? The yellow circling shield, etc. Even the enemy status visuals, like the red axes denoting berserk or the halo of stars? That's all placeholder stuff too? Not sure if those things are in the category of models or animation.. thanks!
    • 27 posts
    July 5, 2016 8:39 PM PDT

Kilsin quite literally said so in his reply....

Medjai said:
    Yes, and I did give this answer in my last post, "when we start work on our own, they will be completely replaced ;)".