Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Revenge Is Best Served Cold!

• 9115 posts
    June 23, 2016 4:02 AM PDT

Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you, the named mob that trained us at the end of our first ever Twitch stream, Contravicarus Irra!

If you could seek revenge on our behalf, how would you go about taking this punk down?

• 35 posts
    June 23, 2016 4:15 AM PDT

I would assume he draws power for his surrounding, so firstly I'd pull him away from this area into light with the Monk in the group. Next, I'd root him with the Druid and weaken him with my Shaman. The Ranger would be peppering him with arrows and the Crusader would charge in to hold the mob in place should the root break. Hopefully the Cleric has a few smites against unholy creatures to finish off Irra.

Boom, done! 

Respawn at the nearest bind point and wait 5 levels to try again. :D

• 1434 posts
    June 23, 2016 4:15 AM PDT

I would start by getting about 10 levels. He seemed a bit beyond the capabilities of level 7s. Most mobs were hitting for around 10-20, but he was doing 3-5x more dmg.

• 9115 posts
    June 23, 2016 5:07 AM PDT

Joshue said:

I would assume he draws power for his surrounding, so firstly I'd pull him away from this area into light with the Monk in the group. Next, I'd root him with the Druid and weaken him with my Shaman. The Ranger would be peppering him with arrows and the Crusader would charge in to hold the mob in place should the root break. Hopefully the Cleric has a few smites against unholy creatures to finish off Irra.

Boom, done! 

Respawn at the nearest bind point and wait 5 levels to try again. :D

Hmmm, he may do, I know that those surrounding hurt us a lot until we protected ourselves ;)

I like your plan Joshue :)

• 9115 posts
    June 23, 2016 5:08 AM PDT

Dullahan said:

I would start by getting about 10 levels. He seemed a bit beyond the capabilities of level 7s. Most mobs were hitting for around 10-20, but he was doing 3-5x more dmg.

Yeah, he was around level 20 and not balanced properly, we knew what we were getting ourselves into lol ;)

• 76 posts
    June 23, 2016 5:08 AM PDT

I'd try to find some OP friendly NPC and attack them with my monk, flopping right next to Irra ;/

• 279 posts
    June 23, 2016 5:15 AM PDT

*GDC Spoilers* - (Look for a loose rock)

Then get in a safer place maybe by the stairs and make sure the area is more clear, then let the tank pull this time :P Just pile on the heals and crowd control after that.

• 9115 posts
    June 23, 2016 6:35 AM PDT

P1999EQLandmark said:

I'd try to find some OP friendly NPC and attack them with my monk, flopping right next to Irra ;/

Haha, good luck earning that faction back man! ;)

• 9115 posts
    June 23, 2016 6:36 AM PDT

Pantz said:

*GDC Spoilers* - (Look for a loose rock)

Then get in a safer place maybe by the stairs and make sure the area is more clear, then let the tank pull this time :P Just pile on the heals and crowd control after that.

Haha, nice Pantz, did you see how many adds he had in the stream? I was backstabbing and GM killing to clear it a bit for us and we still got owned! ;)

• 76 posts
    June 23, 2016 6:39 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

P1999EQLandmark said:

Haha, good luck earning that faction back man! ;)

Oh...I'm cold cutting the CPU after I flop don;t worry. Reminds me of zone-plugging on people on Sullon Zek!

• 5 posts
    June 23, 2016 7:13 AM PDT

I would have an open alpha event and have thousands of adventures swarm him! The look on that bastard's face as he sees the army of heroes charging forward to avenge the brave souls lost to him in the past. 

• 132 posts
    June 23, 2016 7:33 AM PDT

You should have Aradune pull him with his bow.

Have an enchanter debuff him and take away his resists.

Have a shaman slow him down and DoT him up.

Have a druid throw thorns on Aradune and then summon his bear pet and send it in to help and then call upon a swarm and the elements lightning and fire for dps.

Have a Summoner send his pet in, and then use his arcane magics to beat him down. 

And of course, Me, as a cleric, healing you guys ;p  (you will need to send me a link to DL the game so I can help with all this) 

This post was edited by Medjai at June 23, 2016 7:37 AM PDT
    • 156 posts
    June 23, 2016 7:42 AM PDT

Approach him with my Dire Lord and convince him to allow me to join the Union of Shadows to take them down from the inside...in a few decades.

• 1778 posts
    June 23, 2016 9:14 AM PDT
    Do I have to get revenge? Or can I sit back and watch the waves of players attempt to do it and get wrecked? /popcorn
    • 264 posts
    June 23, 2016 2:29 PM PDT

After fully buffing the Group, Have a Shaman and an Enchanter cast root, slow, Mez, etc. as needed to control the named Mob while staying outside of his casting distance as best they can.  Allow the adds to come until they are out of their Mana Climate and have the other 4 members of the group gain aggro and kill off the adds. then have the Shaman and Enchanter run to a designated spot outside of the Named Mana Climate and the whole group will kill him with the tools that are available.

Go to town, drink Beers, Tell Lies

This post was edited by Skycaster at June 23, 2016 2:33 PM PDT
    • 18 posts
    June 23, 2016 4:01 PM PDT

I would get a raid started....Level 1 Skar Necros with thier pets up..and rush that punk!...mass pets with recasting pets...NO ONE can withstand the Skar!!!!!

• 9115 posts
    June 23, 2016 5:15 PM PDT

Haha, love it, some very creative strats there, not sure I would be willing to group up with a few of you, I may just watch from a safe distance lol ;)

• 15 posts
    June 23, 2016 5:33 PM PDT

I would ready my daggers with poisons and venoms... Draw upon the shadow realm and slip quietly into the darkness... ready... waiting...

Our team would then commence a percentage calculation on our success chance... 33%... much better than last time...

I would leap from the shadows belting out... "ALRIGHT BOYS LETS DO THIS... LEEROYYYYY!"

And proceed to be one shot, and ruin the night for everyone.

All kidding aside, I'd backstab away and help in any way I can.

-Steelear

• 2138 posts
    June 23, 2016 6:18 PM PDT

I am sorry but I played out a whole scene- it would be a small script if I were to write it here- but essentially......

Everyone is speaking slow

- Blue Mana! Aradune shouts, Joppa sees his small healing spells are slow but are complete heals under the influence of the environment.

Agonizingly he can only cast complete heal on all the members, by the time he gets done with one member, he has to get the next and down the line ot keep them healed.

Aradune agonizingly drawing his sword-M.o.n.t.y! he slowly yells, get ready- aughey start running! mez the adds on the outside!

aughey slowly takes steps outward. *stomp*.......breath......stomp- losing health under the influence

blade half out- K.i.l.s.i.n follow aughey.....c.h.r.i.s once aughey is clear you head out- J.o.p.p.a hit us before you go with aughey

Kilsin states he cant move- stunned

Sword almost all the way out M.o.n.t.y......n.o.w!...

Aradune strikes contravicarious in a slow slice- Money casts his spell influenced with blue mana- it shoots out like a rifle shot of power severly damaging Contra-vicarious. The atnmosphere is suddenly shrunk against rthe crystal and all can move quickly

Aradune strikes again in a parry in real time- Kilsin is unmezzed and starts to run to joppa and aughey- ansd notices the crystal throbbing and then-

Atmosphere takes hold,- kilsin is in mid leap almost frozen

Monty casts more blue mana spells and the damage makes the players wretch in how much damage it does ot contravicarious as Aradune's blade slowly arcs down across Contravicarious.

Heh you get the idea

• 9115 posts
    June 24, 2016 3:17 AM PDT

Steelear said:

I would ready my daggers with poisons and venoms... Draw upon the shadow realm and slip quietly into the darkness... ready... waiting...

Our team would then commence a percentage calculation on our success chance... 33%... much better than last time...

I would leap from the shadows belting out... "ALRIGHT BOYS LETS DO THIS... LEEROYYYYY!"

And proceed to be one shot, and ruin the night for everyone.

All kidding aside, I'd backstab away and help in any way I can.

-Steelear

Haha, I like it man! :)

• 9115 posts
    June 24, 2016 3:17 AM PDT

Manouk said:

I am sorry but I played out a whole scene- it would be a small script if I were to write it here- but essentially......

Everyone is speaking slow

- Blue Mana! Aradune shouts, Joppa sees his small healing spells are slow but are complete heals under the influence of the environment.

Agonizingly he can only cast complete heal on all the members, by the time he gets done with one member, he has to get the next and down the line ot keep them healed.

Aradune agonizingly drawing his sword-M.o.n.t.y! he slowly yells, get ready- aughey start running! mez the adds on the outside!

aughey slowly takes steps outward. *stomp*.......breath......stomp- losing health under the influence

blade half out- K.i.l.s.i.n follow aughey.....c.h.r.i.s once aughey is clear you head out- J.o.p.p.a hit us before you go with aughey

Kilsin states he cant move- stunned

Sword almost all the way out M.o.n.t.y......n.o.w!...

Aradune strikes contravicarious in a slow slice- Money casts his spell influenced with blue mana- it shoots out like a rifle shot of power severly damaging Contra-vicarious. The atnmosphere is suddenly shrunk against rthe crystal and all can move quickly

Aradune strikes again in a parry in real time- Kilsin is unmezzed and starts to run to joppa and aughey- ansd notices the crystal throbbing and then-

Atmosphere takes hold,- kilsin is in mid leap almost frozen

Monty casts more blue mana spells and the damage makes the players wretch in how much damage it does ot contravicarious as Aradune's blade slowly arcs down across Contravicarious.

Heh you get the idea

Nice, Manouk! :)

• 10 posts
    June 26, 2016 5:20 PM PDT

Have monk train to zone and pick him off as a solo pull on his way back with some lull’s (the song, not the laughing, well, maybe some laughing also).

Serious though.  My guess is that purple is arcane energy (knowing nothing about the game) and that the crystal is a power source.

Group should have magic resists and spread out for those AoE’s.

Pull the mob away from the crystal.

Have cleric put a HoT on him.  He looks undead.

Save interrupts for his spell casting and time them towards the end of his cast cycle to maximize the mana lost.  Mana management of the mob will be critical.

Tank and spank once mana is under control.  It’s a squishy w/o mana.

Pass on loot. It's not for a Bard anyways.  Although, a scythe shapped harp would be badass.

This post was edited by Drac346 at June 26, 2016 5:20 PM PDT