Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

The Unity engine

• 156 posts
    June 21, 2016 12:41 AM PDT

For those that are interested in Unity and what the engine can do, you may want to check out the youtube video the Unity team just put out. Incredibly detailed and an impressive showing.

• 1303 posts
    June 21, 2016 4:15 AM PDT

That's impressive capabilities. I wonder what kind of PC would be required to run that demo real-time. The tech that's being used in multiple engines these days makes it much more a reality for a regular home PC, but it still taxes the system pretty heavily, but I bet we can expect some pretty amazing graphics without breaking the bank to support the load. 

• 132 posts
    June 21, 2016 8:43 AM PDT

Amazing. 

• 613 posts
    June 21, 2016 9:35 AM PDT

Well from my experience most of the teams here use it in development. The teams use Z97+ MB and I7 4770 chip plus nothing lower than GTX 770 GPUs to do what they do. Unity has some great features that allow to optimized for a wide range of hardware. Unity is a solid creative platform. I think VR will have a ball with it with Pantheon.

Ox

• 14 posts
    June 21, 2016 11:35 AM PDT

Very impressive!

• 35 posts
    June 22, 2016 2:21 AM PDT

The demo looked good. I would have liked to see different effects (Water rippling, smoke, mist, etc.) as Pantheon is going to be weather-effect dependant. I'm sure the Unity engine will be able to do all of these things but how it looks will be interesting.

• 613 posts
    June 22, 2016 12:05 PM PDT

For more on this http://unity3d.com/ ; Unity is a very impressive platform.

Ox

X