Forums » The Shaman

Class reveal

• 8 posts
    February 5, 2017 7:56 PM PST
    Thinking myself with the limited amount of cleric races available that might give us a good indication that all healers will be rezoning capable
    • 4534 posts
    February 6, 2017 11:29 AM PST

Xilshale said:

tanwedar said:

Anistosoles said:

Loved the shaman in WoW...except for the damned totem management. I hope that isn't even a consideration in Pantheon.

If it's a single totem per shaman where it's situation specific and not always needed, would you be ok with that? For example a fire resist one. Probably a bad example of something they'd make, but the situational part is there. Single per shaman would also help make sure to keep it cleaner in raids instead of 3 or 4 (I forget) per shaman in WoW. Totems would be raid-wide in that case of course.

Deal breaker for me.  Leave wow theme shamans in wow

Shamans' totems are not something that is unique to WoW. Just because WoW popularized something does not mean it was their idea.

From the Pantheon Shaman class reveal:

"The Shaman makes a pact with a Totem, a fount of primordial energies echoing across time from Terminus’ past. They are adept at healing, purification, and enhancing the physical attributes of themselves and their allies, but it’s the Shaman’s ability to debilitate and curse their foes that makes them a force to be reckoned with. As a Shaman grows in power, they come ever closer to emulating the very forces they channel."

Of course we don't know the mechanics or how prominent totems will be in a Shaman's playstyle, but just because there are totems doesn't mean it'll feel just like WoW. In fact, I can pretty much guarantee they won't. Totems can still be implemented in different and interesting ways. If you have such rigid deal breakers, you're gonna eventually be disappointed.

Flattliner said: Thinking myself with the limited amount of cleric races available that might give us a good indication that all healers will be rezoning capable

Definitely agree.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at February 6, 2017 11:30 AM PST
    • 536 posts
    February 17, 2017 12:57 PM PST

tanwedar said:

Anistosoles said:

Loved the shaman in WoW...except for the damned totem management. I hope that isn't even a consideration in Pantheon.

If it's a single totem per shaman where it's situation specific and not always needed, would you be ok with that? For example a fire resist one. Probably a bad example of something they'd make, but the situational part is there. Single per shaman would also help make sure to keep it cleaner in raids instead of 3 or 4 (I forget) per shaman in WoW. Totems would be raid-wide in that case of course.

Yeah, I dunno. If we have to choose a totem in order to become a specific type of shaman, then, yeah, sure. If it requires the type of totem management in WoW...no thank you. To be honest, I was a pretty good shaman in WoW, but the whole totem thing turned me off to the point where I got tired of the class.

• 536 posts
    February 17, 2017 12:59 PM PST

Flattliner said: Thinking myself with the limited amount of cleric races available that might give us a good indication that all healers will be rezoning capable

You may be right, but I hope not.