Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Interface and PvP, my two cents only

• 15 posts
    June 1, 2016 9:33 AM PDT

Hey all, just joined and I'm really looking forward to the game. I'm going to request two things though that I would prefer to see. First, two really good looking games that I tried but had to leave ultimately were Elder Scrolls and Black Desert. Why you ask? Because of the interface that required you to steer with your mouse. I hope Pantheon does not follow this model, or at least will still offer the old WASD method of steering your character. The mouse method actually moved me way to fast (no matter how sensitive I set the mouse) and gave me motion sickness! I might be in the minority but I do know a few others who had similar problems.

As to PvP, if it will be in Pantheon please make it optional. I'm a care bear by nature because my old fingers are too slow sometimes! Thanks for considering these requests!

• 76 posts
    June 1, 2016 9:36 AM PDT

I think it is a safe bet that WASD/arrow keys will be the movement method in the game. Also, from what I've read PvP will not be in the game...at least at launch.

• 9115 posts
    June 1, 2016 5:23 PM PDT

We use the WASD method to control your character and left or right mouse buttons to turn your camera. PvE is our first concern, we are happy to open separate PvP servers if there is enough interest and give them a bit of love to make it fun but it will not have any impact on PvE at all. ;)

For anyone viewing this, please do not turn it into a PvP argument thread or your posts will be deleted, we have made our stance very clear.

• 378 posts
    June 1, 2016 9:57 PM PDT

I played ESO for sometime and while I didn't like the mouse look at first, I must say it did grow on me and I actuly don't mind it at all now.

I actuly found the Mouse look very fun when playing ESO in FP view, I never like FP for MMO's before ESO.

I could live with either sytem. 

• 76 posts
    June 2, 2016 4:34 AM PDT

Yes Sir Kilsin...no more pvp talk O.O...cough**bluebee**   Just kidding, don't hurt me! /shiver

WASD is the best method for efficiency from every system I've used (with the mouse allowing for rotation).

I would presume there will be an arena of some sorts, I wonder if it will be the stand alone arena concept nuts and bolts of EQ or something more in depth with a reward system or quest line.

• 613 posts
    June 2, 2016 12:43 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

We use the WASD method to control your character and left or right mouse buttons to turn your camera. PvE is our first concern, we are happy to open separate PvP servers if there is enough interest and give them a bit of love to make it fun but it will not have any impact on PvE at all. ;)

For anyone viewing this, please do not turn it into a PvP argument thread or your posts will be deleted, we have made our stance very clear.

Will we be able to change the controls or key bindings?  I know stupid question but I am going to ask it anyway.

Ox

This post was edited by Oxillion at June 2, 2016 12:43 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    June 2, 2016 5:34 PM PDT

Oxillion said:

Kilsin said:

Will we be able to change the controls or key bindings?  I know stupid question but I am going to ask it anyway.

Ox

No question is stupid my friend and that is the plan to allow rebinding keys etc.

• 4 posts
    June 3, 2016 7:04 PM PDT

Great news for me.  I'm one of the lefties who uses a mouse with my left hand.  If I can't remap keys, everything is messed up for me and I have to take my hand off movement keys to use the mouse, which doesn't work so well a lot of times.  One of the first things I do in any game is remap things so it's totally backward for evil righties!

• 83 posts
    June 3, 2016 8:58 PM PDT

Ultimately I think it would be great to have an option to "lock" mouselook so that you don't have to hold down the mouse button to turn the camera.  THAT SAID :)... I do want the old EQ style to be the default.  I personally don't like mouselook locking because I want my cursor free to click on objects in the world or UI as needed without constantly having to figure out if it's locked or not.