Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Would you donate Game Assets if VR allowed?

• 12 posts
    May 18, 2016 7:52 PM PDT

Would you donate your time and art objects to VR if they put out a style guide for item creation (enviromental objects/weapons/icons as an example)?

• 595 posts
    May 18, 2016 8:17 PM PDT

If VR developed the tools that made it accessible to everyone I would absolutely contribute.  I'm in no way a developer or artist so it would have to be a system akin to what Daybreak was trying to accomplish with EQN/Landmark for me to offer my services.  Outside of that I would be useless from a 3D/environmental/character standpoint.  But considering all my eggs are securely in the Pantheon basket I'm willing to contribute where I can to make the game as popular and successful as possible.  That said, my skill set is much more suited to marketing than development ;)

• 644 posts
    May 18, 2016 8:17 PM PDT

It was pretty awful in EQN/LM and turned into a debacle.  I would love to help but playing minecraft for world building worries me.  I would love to contribute lore and dialogue, etc.

• 9115 posts
    May 19, 2016 2:47 AM PDT

We don't actually except outside creations, we do it all in house but if anyone is talented in this field and would like to apply to Visionary Realms, please drop us a line http://visionaryrealms.com/contact-us/

• 202 posts
    May 19, 2016 3:37 AM PDT

I would love to apply but I have no artistic talent, and I am learning to code still. Being a game developer has kind of always been a dream of mine, but most dev companies would not hire me because I live in oregon, and not california for any entry positions.

• 238 posts
    May 21, 2016 1:51 PM PDT
    Part of the problem with accepting out side assets is you run the risk of copyright problems. If I give a 3d asset to VR and they put it in the game only to find out i got that image from or based on another IP they run the risk of a lawsuit.