Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

AlienFX ?

• 189 posts
    May 6, 2016 2:56 PM PDT

Whats the chance Pantheon will support Alien FX for Alienware Brand PC's ?  I have yet to play a game that supports it, but I imagine it would be nice :)

• 613 posts
    May 6, 2016 3:10 PM PDT

Now, I thought this was a manual setting on the hardware vs what the game was telling it as you transition through environments. I have not tried it. Curious feature though.

Ox

• 9115 posts
    May 6, 2016 6:32 PM PDT

I am really not sure about that, this is maybe something we could look at during testing but I will say that I have an Alienware Aurora R4 and have played a few games with it and it was kind of cool to start with but got old real quick for me, maybe others will like it more, in the meantime, here is a list of game that I found for you that support AlienFX to try out if you like:

Games that Support AlienFX

•  Supreme Commander 2

• Dark Void

• Sacred 2

• World in Conflict

• Fallen Earth

• The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

• The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition

• Cities XL

• City of Heroes: Going Rogue

• Blacklight: Tango Down

• Blacklight: Retribution

• Jumpgate Evolution

• Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West

• League of legends

• Fable III

• Dungeon Siege III

• Magic The Gathering 2012

• World of Tanks

• Overlord 2

• Payday the Heist

• APB Reloaded

• Serious Sam 3: BFE

• Battlefield 3 (with 27 April 2012 patch)

• Quantum Conundrum

• Nexuiz

• Orcs Must Die 2

• Hotline Miami

• Transcripted

• Microvolts

• Heroes of Newerth

• Mass Effect 3

• XCOM: Enemy Unknown

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at May 7, 2016 2:44 AM PDT
    • 671 posts
    May 6, 2016 8:28 PM PDT

Excuse my gross ignorance, & for those who build their own systems... but what is AlienFX.. ?

I searched Google & Bing and come up with ZERO explanations of what it actually is/does.. 

Again forgive my ignorance.

• 578 posts
    May 6, 2016 8:51 PM PDT

Hieromonk said:

Excuse my gross ignorance, & for those who build their own systems... but what is AlienFX.. ?

I searched Google & Bing and come up with ZERO explanations of what it actually is/does.. 

Here you go my brotha, hope this helps.

https://na.alienwarearena.com/groups/alienfx/

• 189 posts
    May 6, 2016 8:53 PM PDT

Its like a Discotech, but on your desk !  Seriously, just software that makes different parts of your PC flash, change colors etc. I get an email and the Alienware Logo flashes, Windows media used to make my desk like a discotech when paying music.. My thought was being a healing class, soon as I start getting beat my PC starts flashing red.. or when my health goes from high to low the colors on the PC go from green to red etc.. I cant count how many times I would get up for a drink and come back to a corpse (I use headphones) or someone would have pulled while AFK.

• 671 posts
    May 7, 2016 6:41 AM PDT

NoobieDoo said:

Hieromonk said:

Here you go my brotha, hope this helps.

https://na.alienwarearena.com/groups/alienfx/

Thank you... so it is just a marketing gimmick. 

As if this is ever something anyone ever needs, or wants. Perhaps if you are playing guitar hero on PC and you want special effects like flashing case, keyboards and mice to mimic the music..?  Most people do not stare at their keyboard, or PC...  but at their monitor, that coincidentally tells them the exact same thing the lighting would. Additionally, sound travels through walls when AFK... light does not. I can not fathom the OP's point.

Alien FX is expensive mood lighting.

• 59 posts
    May 7, 2016 8:44 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

I am really not sure about that, this is maybe something we could look at during testing but I will say that I have an Alienware Aurora R4 and have played a few games with it and it was kind of cool to start with but got old real quick for me, maybe others will like it more, in the meantime, here is a list of game that I found for you that support AlienFX to try out if you like:

Games that Support AlienFX

[...]

• City of Heroes: Going Rogue

[...]

This game is not running anymore but did play this one with alienfx.  At the time that meant a keyboard, mouse, chassis color change.   It was ok.  I think I turned it off after a time because I liked my own color scheme better. 

• 189 posts
    May 7, 2016 10:40 AM PDT

Hieromonk said: 

Thank you... so it is just a marketing gimmick. 

As if this is ever something anyone ever needs, or wants. Perhaps if you are playing guitar hero on PC and you want special effects like flashing case, keyboards and mice to mimic the music..?  Most people do not stare at their keyboard, or PC...  but at their monitor, that coincidentally tells them the exact same thing the lighting would. Additionally, sound travels through walls when AFK... light does not. I can not fathom the OP's point.

Alien FX is expensive mood lighting.

It's OK, you don't have to fathom it.. While driving and looking out the windshield I occasionally look at the guages Etc. No big deal.