Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Probably a 0.1% chance of this happening but...

    • 49 posts
    April 30, 2016 1:03 AM PDT

    Has VR ever considered giving insight into how many people have monthly subscriptions and how many people have done some sort of pledge? We are able to see what interest your kickstarter attracted more than 2 years ago...it would be interesting to see how that interest has grown over the past 2 years. Even if you gave a vague assessment, such as: "We've collected more than two times what our kickstarter had reached". Something like that would tell us its at least $900k but it wouldn't neccessarily tell us how high it really is - in reality it could be much more. Even something like, "We have had 4,000 people either do a one time pledge or sign up for a monthly subscription" which be vague enough that it wouldn't neccessarily be like releasing critical financial information.

     

    Even a, "Things are better than we aniticipated" would probably be good enough lol.

     

    I realize this is sensitive information that your actual "investors" would perhaps not want made public for a variety of reasons...but...if anyone was on the fence, a surprisingly high number of pre-orders/subscriptions for a game that won't be released for quite some time may convince some people to take the plunge.

     

    I know this is unlikely...but hey, worth a shot.

    • 326 posts
    April 30, 2016 2:30 AM PDT

    I am pretty sure with the new forums it will show members pledge information or something like that. I am too tired to search it all up but if you look for posts on new forums you should find some info on this. I think a lot of people are looking for this information. When you ask? I think a lot of people are looking for this information as well, so long as it does not hinder progress on the game development.

    I can say that pretty much everyone I have talked to on these forums has actually pledged some money. Most of us have pledged more than the entry level. A lot of us loved EQ when we were younger and now that we are older and accomplished we would pay just about anything if only they could recreate the atmosphere we experienced during those times. Brad is our Hero!

    • 1535 posts
    April 30, 2016 2:42 AM PDT

    Jamie said:

    pretty much everyone I have talked to on these forums has actually pledged some money

    That isn't surprising because you can't post on these forums unless you have pledged some money. So in fact 100% of the people you have talked to on these forums have pledged money.

    • Moderator
    • 8831 posts
    April 30, 2016 3:03 AM PDT

    I understand the interest but it is not something we can discuss. The subs and pledges help us a lot and have gotten us to where we are today and we cannot thank everyone enough for that support, it means the world to us! :)

    • 326 posts
    April 30, 2016 5:10 AM PDT

    Cromulent said:

    Jamie said:

    pretty much everyone I have talked to on these forums has actually pledged some money

    That isn't surprising because you can't post on these forums unless you have pledged some money. So in fact 100% of the people you have talked to on these forums have pledged money.

    I may be wrong but I am pretty sure you can just buy a subscription for the forum without buying a pledge. Now if you consider a subscription to post on the forums a pledge then you are in fact correct. I did not see it the same way. If I was confusing I was stating that I don't think there are many strictly forum subscribers and I personally do not know any of them.

     

    • 1690 posts
    April 30, 2016 8:17 AM PDT

    I see that total as more business property and in that being proprietary and not necessarily in public domain. It makes intuitive sense that they would use this information if needed for additional private financing- for it is an alreayd established income base- the leverage is dizzying. Even in this day and age after the 2008 housing crisis- having 25%- that number is 25% of the total potentially borrowable-or whatever business arrangement can be made. I pray VRI has fiduciarily inclined busines managers and money managers who also played EQ for more than 5 years ( heh) and want to play more.

     


    This post was edited by Manouk at April 30, 2016 8:17 AM PDT
    • 80 posts
    April 30, 2016 8:30 AM PDT

    I just find it odd that there is nothing on the forums that indicates the amount of support that has been given to the project. I believe that everyone has to have made a token contribution to be posting in the forums, but $5/poster doesn't really tell us much, as I'm sure that many have gotten behind the project with a much larger amount.

    I agree with the OP.  I too would like to see some indication of how we are doing as a community in helping to get this vision realized.

     

    • Moderator
    • 8831 posts
    April 30, 2016 6:09 PM PDT

    GeekVerve said:

    I just find it odd that there is nothing on the forums that indicates the amount of support that has been given to the project. I believe that everyone has to have made a token contribution to be posting in the forums, but $5/poster doesn't really tell us much, as I'm sure that many have gotten behind the project with a much larger amount.

    I agree with the OP.  I too would like to see some indication of how we are doing as a community in helping to get this vision realized.

     

    We used to have a counter to show the amount in total but it broke and was unable to calculate a wide range of ways to donate, so it was never an accurate number, besides we cannot disclose the amount given to us by our angel investor and on top of that, people can purchase a pledge without subscribing to get unlimited access to the forums or just subscribe monthly, there is also direct ways to support us for larger amounts and they usually wish to remain anonymous so any number we put up will be false and just for show as there are too many variables and numbers we cannot show, so we don't feel it is worth wasting anyones time displaying an inaccurate or partial number and instead, concentrate on using the support to help build the game and support the staff as it does fall under business privacy too, even though we have nothing to hide we still need to protect our angel investor and anonymous supporters, which I am sure you can understand. :)

    • 607 posts
    April 30, 2016 9:55 PM PDT

    I can say this:  it's helped us tremendously and we are eternally grateful.  It's been going strong and rising for quite sometime.  And lastly, the twitch video really bumped it up -- welcome and thank you to all the new folk :)

    • 49 posts
    May 1, 2016 1:22 AM PDT

    Aradune said:

    I can say this:  it's helped us tremendously and we are eternally grateful.  It's been going strong and rising for quite sometime.  And lastly, the twitch video really bumped it up -- welcome and thank you to all the new folk :)

     

    That is more than I expected to find out. Thanks for answering. Hope the numbers keep rising for you!

    • 1828 posts
    May 1, 2016 1:35 AM PDT

    Aradune said:

    I can say this:  it's helped us tremendously and we are eternally grateful.  It's been going strong and rising for quite sometime.  And lastly, the twitch video really bumped it up -- welcome and thank you to all the new folk :)

     

    Cheering you guys on ! :)

    • 424 posts
    May 1, 2016 6:03 AM PDT

    Aradune said:

    I can say this:  it's helped us tremendously and we are eternally grateful.  It's been going strong and rising for quite sometime.  And lastly, the twitch video really bumped it up -- welcome and thank you to all the new folk :)

    So glad to hear! Happy for you guys and especially happy for us! 

    Sounds like another twitch stream is in order. :)  My body is ready.

    • 80 posts
    May 1, 2016 6:45 AM PDT

    Kilsin said:We used to have a counter to show the amount in total but it broke and was unable to calculate a wide range of ways to donate, so it was never an accurate number, besides we cannot disclose the amount given to us by our angel investor and on top of that, people can purchase a pledge without subscribing to get unlimited access to the forums or just subscribe monthly, there is also direct ways to support us for larger amounts and they usually wish to remain anonymous so any number we put up will be false and just for show as there are too many variables and numbers we cannot show, so we don't feel it is worth wasting anyones time displaying an inaccurate or partial number and instead, concentrate on using the support to help build the game and support the staff as it does fall under business privacy too, even though we have nothing to hide we still need to protect our angel investor and anonymous supporters, which I am sure you can understand. :)

    I can certainly understand that. Thanks for the reply.

    Is there any way for a person to confirm their own pledge level? I expect that I will be upgrading my pledge at some point, but I don't see any way of confirming my current level.

    Thanks.

     

    • 326 posts
    May 1, 2016 8:05 AM PDT
    Something I do at work when I want to share some power point or charts that I have made with a different audience than what was originally intended is to just remove or change the data to something less specific.

    The way I would apply something like that in this situation would be to demonstrate how close we are to the goal without talking about actual money. So perhaps a little bar chart that says we are at 70% to goal and slowly fills up as people pledge. Pretty easy to get the point across without giving out any confidential information to this audience. Just an idea and it may not even be a good one.
    • Moderator
    • 8831 posts
    May 1, 2016 8:20 AM PDT

    GeekVerve said:

    Kilsin said:We used to have a counter to show the amount in total but it broke and was unable to calculate a wide range of ways to donate, so it was never an accurate number, besides we cannot disclose the amount given to us by our angel investor and on top of that, people can purchase a pledge without subscribing to get unlimited access to the forums or just subscribe monthly, there is also direct ways to support us for larger amounts and they usually wish to remain anonymous so any number we put up will be false and just for show as there are too many variables and numbers we cannot show, so we don't feel it is worth wasting anyones time displaying an inaccurate or partial number and instead, concentrate on using the support to help build the game and support the staff as it does fall under business privacy too, even though we have nothing to hide we still need to protect our angel investor and anonymous supporters, which I am sure you can understand. :)

    I can certainly understand that. Thanks for the reply.

    Is there any way for a person to confirm their own pledge level? I expect that I will be upgrading my pledge at some point, but I don't see any way of confirming my current level.

    Thanks.

     

    You're welcome :)

    Yes, the best way to find out that type of information is to submit a support ticket, the team is always happy to help with account information and can provide it to you via support tickets.

    • 718 posts
    May 1, 2016 8:39 AM PDT

    Kilsin said:

    I understand the interest but it is not something we can discuss. The subs and pledges help us a lot and have gotten us to where we are today and we cannot thank everyone enough for that support, it means the world to us! :)

    Surely, we all knew the "Keeper of the Beans" was never going to divulge this information!  

    In seriousness, I appreciate the response, and just like the OP, knew this information couldn't be shared.  Knowing that my pledge had a hand (however small) in producing the footage we saw on stream is a satisfying feeling. 

    On a side note, the old "Keeper's Vault" should be passed to Kilsin and renamed the "Bean Keeper's Vault" ;)

    • 184 posts
    May 1, 2016 10:16 AM PDT
    Keeper of the Beans! New title! I think Kilsin must have dinged.
    • Moderator
    • 8831 posts
    May 1, 2016 6:06 PM PDT

    Nikademis said:

    Kilsin said:

    I understand the interest but it is not something we can discuss. The subs and pledges help us a lot and have gotten us to where we are today and we cannot thank everyone enough for that support, it means the world to us! :)

    Surely, we all knew the "Keeper of the Beans" was never going to divulge this information!  

    In seriousness, I appreciate the response, and just like the OP, knew this information couldn't be shared.  Knowing that my pledge had a hand (however small) in producing the footage we saw on stream is a satisfying feeling. 

    On a side note, the old "Keeper's Vault" should be passed to Kilsin and renamed the "Bean Keeper's Vault" ;)

    Haha, my second title of Bean Keeper has been forgotten about due to the main Crusher of Dreams title being used more often ;)

    You're welcome Nika :)

    Zenya said: Keeper of the Beans! New title! I think Kilsin must have dinged.

    Haha, an old title that was probably the first one I got but just isn't as widely known about, I used to sit in on Monty's streams with him and sometimes Chris Perkins (Joppa) and mess around with the viewers about Monty leaking any "beans/information", I would protect the leaks and moderate for him which made for some funny conversations lol ;)

    • 184 posts
    May 1, 2016 11:55 PM PDT

    Kilsin said:

    Zenya said: Keeper of the Beans! New title! I think Kilsin must have dinged.

    Haha, an old title that was probably the first one I got but just isn't as widely known about, I used to sit in on Monty's streams with him and sometimes Chris Perkins (Joppa) and mess around with the viewers about Monty leaking any "beans/information", I would protect the leaks and moderate for him which made for some funny conversations lol ;)

     

    Oh! I wish I had been there for that! Sounds like so much fun.