Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

"early testing late in the year."

• 279 posts
    April 27, 2016 8:19 PM PDT

Quote from the MASSIVELY OP PAX East 2016 article. http://massivelyop.com/2016/04/25/brad-mcquaid-pantheon-pax-east-2016/

"In addition to both of those major projects, the team is trying to bring in a healthy dose of content to support early testing late in the year. You can’t test a game with no game to test, after all."

-- Is this referring to Pledges testing the game? If so is there any clarification on which phase of testing will be late in the year (Pre-Alpha/Alpha/Beta)?

Just thought I'd try my luck asking since some other questions from that article got answered. I've been considering the VIP Pledge with hopes of Pre-Alpha starting in June-August. No work those months, so for ME that would be grreattt :P

This post was edited by Pantz at April 27, 2016 9:17 PM PDT
    • 1468 posts
    April 27, 2016 11:32 PM PDT

It would certainly be interesting to find out. From what I remember Kilsin saying they were planning on having a year long beta test so if testing doesn't begin until late in the year I'm not sure how they can still be releasing the game in 2017. I might be completely wrong of course. Interesting to see the article mention that though would be good to know what their source was for that claim.

• 263 posts
    April 28, 2016 3:27 AM PDT

I wouldn`t even read to much into it guys. If the release date even got pushed back a year it is no real drama. Let them do their job and release a game we all we truely love. We would all rather they bring us a quality product that got delayed rather some half ass junk that need fixing almost daily! So who cares if its 2017 or 2018. What should matter to us is that we get a quality product even if that means a 1 year delay or not.

As for the comment i would think "early testing" would relate to pre-alpha but we will just have to wait an see. I know we are all sitting at the edge of our tables just dying to test it and stuff but what is more IMPORTANT than that is that we carry on supporting them no matter what if we want this to suceed! Test or no tests in 2016 or release no release in 2017 ;)

• 3016 posts
    April 28, 2016 8:13 PM PDT

Have to agree Yarnila.   Dying to test,  but we need to give the Dev team the time they need ...then they'll let us in hehe.

• 279 posts
    April 28, 2016 8:17 PM PDT

I don't have any problems with waiting either, just curious about what was said in the article.

• 37 posts
    April 28, 2016 8:59 PM PDT

Im guessing pre alpha will be starting sometime this summer, if not, then the fall or winter for sure I would assume. Even if it doesnt its not like we are going to go play WoW for the next 10 years instead of Pantheon! Im enjoying theory crafting with other intelligent players. - Inna

• 133 posts
    April 28, 2016 9:17 PM PDT

I'm dying to test all the features, too, but I can wait. I'd rather see the testing/release date being pushed back than have the game delivered in a rushed state.

• 176 posts
    April 30, 2016 3:47 AM PDT

I have to asume they mean pre-alpha. I would be interested to know how many people have access to this overall.

• 180 posts
    April 30, 2016 10:03 AM PDT

I don't mind waiting but I would like them to be upfront about time tables when things change.

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    April 30, 2016 12:10 PM PDT

To be clear, we are shooting for starting some external testing late this year, but that's not set in stone.  The game has to be ready, the content there, etc.  That is what I said in the interview but the paraphrasing in the actual article isn't quite so clear.

• 279 posts
    April 30, 2016 12:59 PM PDT

Aradune said:

To be clear, we are shooting for starting some external testing late this year, but that's not set in stone.  The game has to be ready, the content there, etc.  That is what I said in the interview but the paraphrasing in the actual article isn't quite so clear.

Woohoo, that sounds great! Thanks for the reply and sorry for my overeagerness. I'm happy to wait for it to be ready too. That pre-pre alpha twitch stream looked so good it made it hard to estimate when testing might start.

• 76 posts
    April 30, 2016 2:09 PM PDT

who else is now trying to figure out when late in the year might be in their heads, haha i guess it is possible to want to help out too much.

time to speculate who is with me!

This post was edited by Akailo at April 30, 2016 2:10 PM PDT
    • 366 posts
    April 30, 2016 3:10 PM PDT

Aradune said:

Thank you for the update!

• 106 posts
    April 30, 2016 4:13 PM PDT
    Thanks for the clarification Brad. Guessing fall myself but whenever it's ready works for me.
    • 232 posts
    May 2, 2016 11:22 AM PDT

Thanks Brad.  I'm in no hurry - take your time.

• 613 posts
    May 2, 2016 11:38 AM PDT

As for the comment i would think "early testing" would relate to pre-alpha but we will just have to wait an see. I know we are all sitting at the edge of our tables just dying to test it and stuff but what is more IMPORTANT than that is that we carry on supporting them no matter what if we want this to suceed! Test or no tests in 2016 or release no release in 2017 ;)

I could not agree more.  I know Brad added to this but they are under enough pressure with building the game.  Let give them some time and then get into Alpha.  It is coming along just fine.

Ox

• 453 posts
    May 2, 2016 11:47 AM PDT

Aradune said:

Thanx for the update Brad, it's appreciated :)

• 180 posts
    May 2, 2016 12:18 PM PDT

Aradune said:

Thanks for clarifying.

• 208 posts
    May 2, 2016 4:54 PM PDT

Take all the time you need Brad. We aren't going anywhere.

• 668 posts
    May 2, 2016 5:59 PM PDT

Coming from a long time EQ and VG vet...  I can wait / support for whatever time is needed Brad and team.

Unfortunately, my life is getting super crazy around me with new job...  Been traveling around the world and am away more than at home.  I hope I can settle a bit later and have the time I used to have.  I really want to sink some serious time into this game when it is ready.  I do not want to be one of those people experiencing it all after the fact!!

• 1714 posts
    May 2, 2016 10:31 PM PDT

A cold dread has sunk in that we're probably looking at 2 more years. 

• 39 posts
    May 6, 2016 8:17 PM PDT

You have casted "Spriit of the Developer" +10 "rapid prototyping" bonus applied to project. Ok guys it will be done earlier now.. plus I have a piece of steel from Krom, some old decayed skeleton bones and some Vash blood for the "beta ritual".