Forums » The Halflings

Halfling Traits !

• 656 posts
    April 18, 2016 1:51 PM PDT

We all know the "flagship" class of a Halfling is rogue.  Whether we admit it or not, the class was invented  with The Hobbit and it was all about their stealth making them excellent burglars.  So, Rogue is understood.  

We also know that  their home is in the Giant Oaks and they were nomadic and they have communion with nature, so Druid is also obvious.

But in addition, I shamelessly copied these lines of lore completely out of context but I love the thoughts they provoke:

...A refreshing blend of madness and mirth...
    ...the devious charm of a child...
    ...whether in danger, discourse or dance...
    ...An inherent mirth and musicality...
    ...They fight, sing and adventure...
    ...effortless stealth of a wolf...
    ...unassuming and agile...
    ...the Ward Kiren added to the First Sight and granted him a First Magic: to wield fire...

But these also OK, these sound like the traits of a Bard.  

If you add in the fire-magic I (hopefully) predict a caster class in the mix.  Halfling with a fire pet would be amazing!

I am pretty convinced I want to be a a Halfling and am very excited about it.  My long hope would be a Halfling Enchanter, then a Mage then of course a Druid and Bard.

• 342 posts
    August 29, 2016 5:23 PM PDT

If we're archetyping races and classes, then Halfling will definitely be resonating well with Rogue, Ranger, Bard, and Druid.

I usually don't decide completely until I play a game, but with the description and initial artwork, I'm definitely leaning towards Halfling Rogue to start the game with. With the description, I'd also be excited to see Halflings get a perhaps more unusual bonus in addition to the typical ones for Enchanting magic. Illusions and madness and charm seem to fit in with the race's presentation so far. Could be a cool fit.

• 117 posts
    January 4, 2021 12:44 PM PST

Yes, I definitely plan on playing a Halfling Rogue, and possibly a Halfling Druid.    The race seems to fit both of those classes fairly well.

• 318 posts
    January 4, 2021 1:43 PM PST

My plan for a Halfling was a Bard, shes gonna be an idol.