Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Unlisted Classes

• 9115 posts
    March 24, 2016 4:09 AM PDT

If you could choose to be any class that isn't already listed in our class section, what would it be and why? :)

• 1 posts
    March 24, 2016 4:16 AM PDT

Necromancer forever cause its a Necro.

• 724 posts
    March 24, 2016 4:18 AM PDT

Mage healer like Bloodmage in VG or Chloromancer in Rift. Because I like playing mage classes, but still like to be a healer :)

• 563 posts
    March 24, 2016 4:22 AM PDT

I think it would be cool to get some type of a tamer class, so I can collect all the animals/beasts of terminus :P I would immagine it to be a cc/utility type of class too :) maybe they could tame "baby" versions of certain beast/animals to sell as mini pets for other players. (I loved creature handlers in SWG xP).

Rachael

This post was edited by Rachael at March 24, 2016 4:23 AM PDT
    • 27 posts
    March 24, 2016 4:22 AM PDT

Beast lord, I loved that class in EQ.

• 62 posts
    March 24, 2016 4:26 AM PDT

Bard. Because they're so rare in MMOs.

• 1778 posts
    March 24, 2016 4:35 AM PDT
    Bard. I love being a support class (not healer). Bards do just this with style and uniqueness. That and Ive always loved the lore surrounding them in many books and a few games Ive played (damned D&D).
    • 109 posts
    March 24, 2016 4:36 AM PDT

Beastlord, no question. Best, most fun class Ive ever played. If I could have an Orc BST with a goblin pet........

Close second, and this is from DAoC, the Thane. Loved that class too.

• 24 posts
    March 24, 2016 4:39 AM PDT

I believe summoner is the only class that currently truly uses pets? 

So I would have to say some type of Beast Master!

A total barbarian badass type character, using (throwing?) spears, dual axes and leather or fur armor.

Give 'em a hawk and/or crow and the ability to befriend and tame wild animal pets.

Ogres, Skar, Dwarves and Humans would be awesome in this role! 

As a second choice I'd have to say Necromancer who is either the traditional dot / fear type or I'd like to play a necro that is highly masterful at pets. 

A close third choice would be the beloved Bard :)

~Imperator

• 105 posts
    March 24, 2016 5:10 AM PDT
    Temporal warden, favorite class in Tales of Maj'eyal.
    • 9115 posts
    March 24, 2016 5:13 AM PDT

Nice, I expected a lot of these answers but it is still good to see so much love for cool classes :)

Keep them coming folks!

• 279 posts
    March 24, 2016 5:14 AM PDT

Spellblade and Alchemist.

I always liked the idea of the Spellblade imbuding the sword with elemental properties. With the different color mana's they would be a blast! My vision of one would be, getting bonus from 2 handed blades, wearing cloth in some slots and plate in others, great at soloing, a bit slower for group tanking, decent offensive tank for raids, great tank vs heavily armored enemies who warriors could not dent. I think they could have a place in the game with the other classes without stepping on any toes. My favorite still being from FFV :P.

I like the Alchemist from EQOA, it was really unique from all the rest. The idea of any kind of Alchemist is cool too. Mixing things is their whole deal so they would be all over that colored mana. In EQOA they could buff and debuff things and bomb the enemy a bit too. Master abilities were either making a healing/resist potion or mixtures that turned an ally to an Ogre and boosting their stats or one turning an enemy to a rat and lowering their stats. It was funny throwing the glass flasks at enemies and hearing them pop when they hit. It was addictive too mixing potions and transmuting them and mixing again until you had full stacks, mixing more after each fight. If I remember, they would explode on you sometimes making it dangerous to mix during combat. I imagine them as a hard class to master with a fair bit of multi-tasking and a costly one from buying transmutables/ingredients. They could make up cost a bit by selling potions to people. They could be used as another way to get rid of older equipment from the world by transmuting them for materials. Coming in at a later expansion would be fine since the support they give is non-direct, the person who you give the mixtures to has to decide and remember when to use them. They could be good at soloing but requiring high skill level, fun to have in groups but maybe not as desired as other support, and a nice bonus for all to have on tough raids.

Copied fomr Expansion Classes Sub Forum.

• 1468 posts
    March 24, 2016 5:24 AM PDT

Necro. Because I fell in love with that class in EQ.

• 95 posts
    March 24, 2016 5:54 AM PDT

Berserker from Everquest 1

It was just pure offense with thrown axe related utility. It had a clearly defined identity.

• 3 posts
    March 24, 2016 6:28 AM PDT

I still play a Channeler in EQ2 and really love it. It's an innovative design concept and very fun to play, for me at least. The Construct pet is immensely valuable and useful without being OP. It greatly helps with damage intercepts and utility without making me feel like I'm superfluous the way a DPS pet can. Constructs fill a unique healing niche by sustaining damage mitigation even while I'm incapacitated or otherwise engaged as well as offering a unique healing mechanic that is compatible with any other healer type. And I get to shoot my bow and feel like I'm a DPS'er while still mostly healing.

This post was edited by Sayanara at March 24, 2016 6:29 AM PDT
    • 74 posts
    March 24, 2016 6:50 AM PDT

We talked a little about this in "One Class I would like to see" trying to avoid the obvious answers. We seemed to hover around a missing Space/Time class.

Vacuums, Darkness and Light, Gravity and Anti-Gravity, Time - all of these lend well to the atmospheres system and can be manifested in hastes, silences, blindness .....

I really dont know what to call it that encapsulates all those things. Maybe, Drwhomancer.

• 74 posts
    March 24, 2016 6:51 AM PDT

Bard. Great group mechanics. I think in the pre-pre-alpha stream somebody joked asking where their bard was regarding their regen. 

This post was edited by spyderoptik at March 24, 2016 6:55 AM PDT
    • 219 posts
    March 24, 2016 6:55 AM PDT

BARD OF COURSE !!!........ But another one that I always liked when I played MUD's were Elementalists. They could change their bodies into the 4 Elements and do some very cool things. They kind of mimic'd wizards as far as damage output but they did it in a much more unique way. It was always cool to turn into water lol. The text for it was something like. As your body turns to water you appear to others as a simple puddle on the ground. I guess my favorite part was the flavor of text you got when casting their spells.

Pyde Pyper

• 24 posts
    March 24, 2016 7:00 AM PDT

Land said:

We talked a little about this in "One Class I would like to see" trying to avoid the obvious answers. We seemed to hover around a missing Space/Time class.

Vacuums, Darkness and Light, Gravity and Anti-Gravity, Time - all of these lend well to the atmospheres system and can be manifested in hastes, silences, blindness .....

I really dont know what to call it that encapsulates all those things. Maybe, Drwhomancer.

I like this idea man, maybe it's a Spatiomancer, Chronomancer, Time Mage you are refering to?

You got me thinking a geomancer would be fun too :)

• 104 posts
    March 24, 2016 7:04 AM PDT

AD&D Illusionist. Not like enchanter illusions but illusions used in combat. Like summon a spectral dragon to fight or imaginary prison bars to root, color spray for damage. The spell effects could be awesome.

• 26 posts
    March 24, 2016 7:14 AM PDT

I would say Necro but you have already stated that it should come after release.

So I would say Beastlord as it was a great class and my firends favourite class he played in Eq  and he would play Pantheon if it was on the list.

• 511 posts
    March 24, 2016 7:25 AM PDT

The Vanguard Disciple - I loved how you could deal out a decent amount of pain to the enemy, but still heal your group or single target heal the tank when needed using combos. DPS would get mad that I beat them in raids and say I wasn't healing. Until the heal parse came and showed I was right up there with the other healers :P. They didn't stay mad for long when they realized just how awesome the class was when played and specced right.

• 45 posts
    March 24, 2016 7:28 AM PDT

First, I'd just like to say that this is my first response to one of Kilsin's questions since pledging a couple of days ago.  HURRAY!

1. Necromancer - Perhaps I am just biased because that was my main when I played EQ1

2. Beastlord - I thought the class was great!  Just a thought to make it a bit different though.  What if the beastlord could also tame animals/beasts from Terminus as well.  Kind of collecting and training up beasts like a fighter might train up in different weapons.

• 26 posts
    March 24, 2016 7:37 AM PDT

starchildren3317 said:

First, I'd just like to say that this is my first response to one of Kilsin's questions since pledging a couple of days ago.  HURRAY!

1. Necromancer - Perhaps I am just biased because that was my main when I played EQ1

2. Beastlord - I thought the class was great!  Just a thought to make it a bit different though.  What if the beastlord could also tame animals/beasts from Terminus as well.  Kind of collecting and training up beasts like a fighter might train up in different weapons.

That would make a nice skill for the beastlord, training their own pets from scratch. 

• 511 posts
    March 24, 2016 7:56 AM PDT

starchildren3317 said:

Not saying this as a bad nor good thing, but the same kind of mechanic as a hunter in WoW? If so it would make the class more unique. One thing I did like in WoW was how the hunter's pet (at least early on not sure now) had unique skills and stats. So if you wanted a tanking pet for your group you could pull out a turtle or bear and they would taunt the mob for you and have extra HP, if your group had a tank but maybe lacked ranged DPS then you could have another pet for it, if you lacked melee DPS you could have a cat or a boar etc.

the one problem I did see with it, and it wasn't too bad in the long run, was if you were level 30 and tamed a new pet (say a new turtle) they had to be significantly lower than yourself, thus needing time to level them up (usually solo) until they were able to contribute meaningfully to a group.

If they could go this route in PRF I would say allow the Beastlord class to do just about any animal, then allow other classes specific ones. Like the ranger could do land animals (Cats, dogs, pigs etc) that normally are domesticable and some air animals (Eagles, ravens, falcons etc), then the druid can do basic animals like bears and cats, but can't control their skills, only the stances.