Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Does anyone remember the Vanguard Players website?

• 1468 posts
    March 3, 2016 12:17 AM PST

So does anyone remember the Vanguard Players website? For those that don't know Vanguard Players was a companion website for the game Vanguard. It basically showed a profile of your characters and all their gear and stats kinda like Magelo did back in the day but was also showed information on the items you held as well.

The one features of that website that I really liked is it showed who first discovered an item on a server or even who first discovered the item in the entire game and it showed a lot of stats as well.

I'd quite like to see something like that for Pantheon. It also made it easier for guilds as you could just link to your characters profile and when you were applying to a guild the guild could see all the items and stats that your character had. I spent quite a lot of time browsing that site and I was always pleased when I got a server first item discovery. It would cut down on spam in-game as that stuff could just be shown to the player and then other people would find the information on the website rather than in-game.

• 271 posts
    March 3, 2016 12:33 AM PST

Would sure be nice, i'm just not sure if it's something we 'should' expect given the current financial constraints. Definitely cool though :)

• 106 posts
    March 3, 2016 12:56 AM PST

I heard Joppa talking about something like this a while back when they were doing twitch streams on world building, whether it made it in or not im not sure.

I also brought a thread like this up, it was more about showing it in game, but it moved to external things like a website :) so it's cool to discuss that specifically here.

If it was me, i would LIVE on that website lol.

• 1468 posts
    March 3, 2016 1:58 AM PST

Aenra said:

Would sure be nice, i'm just not sure if it's something we 'should' expect given the current financial constraints. Definitely cool though :)

Oh I realise it might not be possible to get in for the games launch due to money but they could still collect stats in the backend database like who discovered an item first and then release the website at a later date with all the information already available. That would be quite cool.

• 9115 posts
    March 3, 2016 2:02 AM PST

Yeah, I loved the VG Players website, so much cool info :)

• 308 posts
    March 3, 2016 5:40 AM PST

would love to see this!!!

• 793 posts
    March 3, 2016 1:40 PM PST

This, and some sort of out-of-game guild/clan management site would be nice. If you have limited play time, or even say limited access (vacation), it would be nice to still be able to handle basic tasks of guild management via the web. Maybe even some XML data for guilds to import into their OWN websites.

• 66 posts
    March 3, 2016 1:49 PM PST

VG players website was great. If possible, i would like to see something like this in Pantheon, but only if resources permit it. i dont want anything taken away from development of the actual game for this lol. 

• 15 posts
    March 4, 2016 8:40 AM PST
    Loved that website, and hope that it can be a part of Pantheon, even if it doesnt happen right away.