Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Ideas that I would like to see in Pantheon!

• 308 posts
    February 27, 2016 7:34 PM PST

I was about to post this into another topic and decided it could use its own thread.

I started playing MMOs with Everquest, I think Everquest could have a lot of good ideas ported into pantheon (AAs, Epics, Diversity of classes, just to name a few) things like this are needed to bring about a good game. but i would also like to see things from other games brought into pantheon.

From SWTOR i would like to see some of the raid mechanics brought into pantheon. things like the puzzles that you have to solve while mobs are attacking in waves, or when to progress everyone had to solo a mob and others could not interfere, or Platforming while killing mobs on a timerto get down to the bottom before fallling to our deaths.

From VG i would like to see the crafting and itemization, this was really deep and well planned out. crafted gear was never useless and even having a fully raid geared character i would still use crafted stuff situationally. also i liked the raid mechanics in VG

From archeage i really liked the farming i could do on my own plots of land, allowing me to cultivate the stuff i needed to use for cooking or other crafts. and also i liked the gliders, they were a fun way to get around but had limitations making it fun for travel.

From WoW i really liked the dancing and other out of combat character animations. (not the models)

From DDO i would like to see thier LFG tool, it was simple and well liked.

Now this thread isnt just about things that were done in other games that would be neat in pantheon, if anyone has an Origonal Idea that they think would be nice i want to see that too. Also its not like i am asking for this stuff at launch. i just think it is stuff i liked from other games that i do not feel would detract from the tenets set up by brad and the team.

• 1468 posts
    February 28, 2016 8:21 AM PST

I never played SWTOR but from what you have said about the raid mechanics it sounds quite cool. I'd be interested to hear if anyone could expand on those ideas and give it a more Pantheon feel to the game. I agree with your points about EQ especially about AAs and epics. I'd love to see AAs make a return in Pantheon because it gives you something to work towards at the later stages of the game when you can't be raiding. Otherwise grouping becomes kind of pointless at max level unless you have something like AAs to keep you interested. I think a dungeon crawl where all you get is loot is a bit boring. Being able to work towards AAs would help to allieviate that particular problem.

I'm not sure I agree with you about the emote animations in WoW though. I thought the dancing emote was fun the first time you saw it but was basically just a bit silly.

• 308 posts
    February 28, 2016 1:37 PM PST

Ahh i just tried to find Something, anything at all really that i liked in WoW and wouldnt mind seeing in Pantheon to prove that even games that are themepark rides can contribute ideas to pantheon.

• 30 posts
    February 28, 2016 2:53 PM PST

Having extra abilities or skills that are just for fun, like dancing, would be nice. But since VR is working with a skeleton crew and on limited funds, I’m not sure we’ll see many of these “extras” at launch, as the bulk of their time will need to be spent working on the essentials. Perhaps if they can get some extra funding? : )

• 13 posts
    February 28, 2016 6:20 PM PST

Hi

The below is what i think would be cool to see in the game.

- This is something back from the old EQ days, players could only be bind their toons at cities or certain designated areas. Also not all classes could cast bind so the need to interact with other players was essential. If you didnt bind and died it was a long run back to your corpse.

S/ LF a bind me paying 5p sent tell.

- Corpse runs, while at times annoying corpse runs adds another dynamic to the game. 

- /corpse function, For anyone who didnt play EQ  /Corpse was one of the most useful hotkeys you could have in the game. It bascally enabled you or someone you gave permission to drag your corpse our of harms ways, especially useful for corpse runs. It always brought a smile to my face seeing someone dragging their corpse accross a zone.

• 16 posts
    February 28, 2016 8:50 PM PST

I never got into it specifically, but I have heard good things about the diplomacy system in Vanguard. Sounds kind of interesting to have a sphere outside of questing, crafting, and killing. 

• 74 posts
    February 29, 2016 5:27 AM PST

Not in any particular order:

• AA system (Alternate Advancement) - My biggest wish list item. EQ1 style not EQ2.
    • Necromancer
    • Bards (VG had an interesting take on making your own songs, not sure if that'd work in Pantheon. EQ had song twisting)
    • Diplomacy (VG style, card/deck building with diplo gear, bonuses for working with other diplomats)
    • Harvesting (VG style, harvest gear, bonuses for working with other harvesters)
    • Fishing - As much as Archeage left a bad experience with me, they had a decent Fishing system. This can be used for food related crafting for example.

This post was edited by spyderoptik at February 29, 2016 5:31 AM PST
    • 1468 posts
    February 29, 2016 7:48 AM PST

All items be 100% tradable.

Items should have augmentations but augumentations should only be made by player crafters to give them a way to make money.

Necromancer (as spyderoptik says)

In-depth and complex crafting system (I really liked Vanguards crafting)

Lots of challenging group content

• 200 posts
    February 29, 2016 1:09 PM PST

I would like to see more tactical combat. In World of Warcraft there was resistance against some magic schools. Gear with the highest stats was not always the best. Paladins had special attacks against undead and demonic creatures. In Baldur's gate there were creatures like clay golems which were immune against attacks with weapons like swords, daggers etc. and you needed blunt weapons. 

It would be interesting to see something similar in a MMORPG, not only pure numbercrunching with the weapon or cast with the highest dps.

Greetings

• 11 posts
    March 2, 2016 8:56 PM PST

Cromulent said:

Items should have augmentations but augumentations should only be made by player crafters to give them a way to make money.

I know it would take some work but to actually see these augmentations would be the bees knees. Such as I augment my belt with a "rabbit's foot of swarthiness", there might then be a little rabbits foot hanging off my belt. It adds flavor and a little bit of customization for players.

I'd also like to see a good amount of GM driven events, drunken nakidd gnome races anyone?

Maybe the tools to be able to host a party/ball, if player housing is gonna be static then i'd like some tools to promote having social get togethers such as being able to play music, or better yet as a player being able to play an instrunment in concert with others.

A simple request - an in-game journal I can manually record info in, write notes about a quest I am working on, write about my experiences, etc. This would open up the possiblity for ppl to write fan fiction in game if there was an ability to "publish" said notes into a tradeable book for other to read. There are many other uses for such a system I'm sure we could think of, leaving notes for ppl to find during a scavenger hunt, or even player-ran quests.

This post was edited by Kalthir at March 2, 2016 9:22 PM PST
    • 383 posts
    March 2, 2016 9:17 PM PST

I would like to see nipples :) 

So my wife and I can RP.

This post was edited by Niien at March 2, 2016 9:17 PM PST
    • 578 posts
    March 3, 2016 9:13 PM PST

EQ2 had one of THE best crafting systems I have ever used. They have altered it a bunch and I have no clue what it is like now but when EQ2 FIRST released, it's crafting system was one of a kind. There was almost an entire separate skill tree/system solely for crafting. Something on the lines of this is what I'd like to see in Pantheon. A crafting system that is VERY involving.

If I see another Rift or WoW type style of crafting (even EQ1 had that simplistic style of crafting I believe) I will completely dump crafting and just slay monsters. I do not care for those simplistic crafting systems where all you need is components and then you hit the craft button. If adventuring and combat is challenging then so should crafting. I like when there is timing, and the possibility of missing and making a lesser quality item. Or when there is multiple abilities for you to use to perfect your crafted items.