Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

A few questions..

• 409 posts
    February 3, 2016 3:48 PM PST

I've already tried searching the forums with no luck...

I was just wondering if there will be a "combat mode" like EQ2?
    Will you be able to train to zone or will the mobs reset even though they aren't bound to a combat mode as such? Anyone know?

I'd really hate to see a combat mode like EQ2.. it sucked.

This post was edited by Nimryl at February 3, 2016 3:49 PM PST
    • 1095 posts
    February 3, 2016 4:20 PM PST

Nimryl said:

I've already tried searching the forums with no luck...

I was just wondering if there will be a "combat mode" like EQ2?
    Will you be able to train to zone or will the mobs reset even though they aren't bound to a combat mode as such? Anyone know?

I'd really hate to see a combat mode like EQ2.. it sucked.

May want to read over these.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs

Is there an auto-attack and if so, how will it work?

There will be a traditional auto-attack system. Passive abilities will trigger automatically during combat (dodge, parry, etc.). This gives the player the time to focus on selecting abilities and spells (magic missile, fireball, counterspells, deflections, etc.) based on what’s going on tactically in combat.

Does Pantheon use tab-targeting and auto-attack or a more ‘action’ focused combat system?

We realize that some MMOs have used a more ‘action’ oriented combat system, where you click on different buttons to attack, swing your sword, dodge, etc. With Pantheon, combat will still be action-packed and require close attention to combat, using tactics, as well as reacting to what mobs and other players may be doing. In fact, so much will be going on that you will not want to have to worry about whether you are swinging your sword or not -- you will be casting spells, assuming stances, countering or deflecting your opponent’s moves and spells, and more. Additionally you will click on or use the tab key to change targets, but there will also be a subset of spells where you can target the ground (for example, some area-of-effect spells).

• 409 posts
    February 3, 2016 4:25 PM PST

That's not what I was after. :)

Lemme rephrase slightly,

Will we be able to quad kite or even just kite?

This post was edited by Nimryl at February 3, 2016 4:27 PM PST
    • 1095 posts
    February 3, 2016 4:28 PM PST

Oh you were talking about being locked in an encounter. I highly doupt it because they want to go back to pulling and splitting mobs and thats not condusive to how EQ2 did encounters. Sure you can mezz or root the extra mobs in eq2 but not a true split as monks(myself) did back in eq1

How do I know this?

FAQ I linked above lol. I recently reread all of them because I ran out of stuff do/look at on here besides hit F5.

So then tell us more about the concept of ‘pulling’ and ‘crowd control’?

In many cases, we want to bring back the gameplay of pulling and splitting packs of mobs. To facilitate this players will need tools that make this possible. These tools will come in the form of spells and abilities that allow you to ‘lull’ or ‘pacify’ the mob. In cases where you have to deal with more than one mob some classes will have the ability to cast spells like ‘root’, ‘snare’, ‘mesmerize’, etc.

This post was edited by Aich at February 3, 2016 4:31 PM PST
    • 409 posts
    February 3, 2016 4:30 PM PST

Ahh so hopefully we can have good'ole kiting groups again. :)

This post was edited by Nimryl at February 3, 2016 4:31 PM PST
    • 1095 posts
    February 3, 2016 4:34 PM PST

Nimryl said:

Ahh so hopefully we can have good'ole kiting groups again. :)

Yeah more then likely. Whats intresting in Pantheon is you can cast spells while moving. :) Ponder on that a bit fellow kiter :)

• 409 posts
    February 3, 2016 4:37 PM PST

Hmmm.. casters = OP.

• 1095 posts
    February 3, 2016 4:45 PM PST

Nimryl said:

Hmmm.. casters = OP.

Well i think it was another FAQ question but it also said that it would slow down movement speed also. I think it will be all ok.

This post was edited by Aich at February 3, 2016 4:46 PM PST
    • 409 posts
    February 3, 2016 4:47 PM PST

Oh I thought it'd slow down cast time possibly. I imagined trying to run a fast as you could while cast a spell... not going to be quick. :) oh well either or.

This post was edited by Nimryl at February 3, 2016 4:48 PM PST
    • 1714 posts
    February 3, 2016 5:05 PM PST

Nimryl said:

Hmmm.. casters = OP.

Until they want real loot and have to go into a dungeon where they are utterly helpless without tanks and pullers.