Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Game Sequels

• 9115 posts
    January 28, 2016 4:26 AM PST
    Just like movies, games also have sequels, is there one game that you wished had a sequel that currently does not have one planned or one that you wished was never released? :)
    • 7 posts
    January 28, 2016 4:43 AM PST

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars! 

Before 1999 (Release of EQ, obviously) this was my favorite childhood game and always had hopes that there would be another.

• 149 posts
    January 28, 2016 4:51 AM PST

I actually wish more MMOs would do this as their population wanes after 7-10 years. I loved how Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 were the same universe and how things you did in Guild Wars would give you cosmetic rewards and titles in Guild Wars 2. Since the timeline was about 250 years apart they called it your Heritage system so it was like getting heirlooms passed down by your ancestors.

I wish Blizzard (who I completely believe has given up on the MMO genre and only cares about where the money is so F2P Mobas) would consider a World of Warcraft 2 and advance the story a few generations in a few years to give people who loved the mythos of Azeroth a place to go when the game eventually twilights (doesnt have to shutdown but goes towards maintainence mode).

• 62 posts
    January 28, 2016 5:24 AM PST

I would give Funcom another chance if they made Age of Conan 2, this time with actual, polished content all the way to max level.

• 9115 posts
    January 28, 2016 6:04 AM PST

Hendrale419 said:

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars! 

Before 1999 (Release of EQ, obviously) this was my favorite childhood game and always had hopes that there would be another.

Haha nice!

• 9115 posts
    January 28, 2016 6:05 AM PST

Aggelos said:

I actually wish more MMOs would do this as their population wanes after 7-10 years. I loved how Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 were the same universe and how things you did in Guild Wars would give you cosmetic rewards and titles in Guild Wars 2. Since the timeline was about 250 years apart they called it your Heritage system so it was like getting heirlooms passed down by your ancestors.

I wish Blizzard (who I completely believe has given up on the MMO genre and only cares about where the money is so F2P Mobas) would consider a World of Warcraft 2 and advance the story a few generations in a few years to give people who loved the mythos of Azeroth a place to go when the game eventually twilights (doesnt have to shutdown but goes towards maintainence mode).

Yeah, it's a double edge sword but there are definitely some MMORPGs that I would love to see have a sequel done properly, Vanguard is top of that list for me! :)

• 9115 posts
    January 28, 2016 6:06 AM PST

zaktaros said:

I would give Funcom another chance if they made Age of Conan 2, this time with actual, polished content all the way to max level.

I actually never played AoC, so if this ever happened, I would definitely check it out :) 

• 104 posts
    January 28, 2016 6:37 AM PST

Skyrim

• 9115 posts
    January 28, 2016 7:12 AM PST

Aena said:

Skyrim

Oh yeah! They actually are working on it and probably have been for a while, so the rumour goes, I hope it can blow our socks off and be even better than Skyrim! :)

• 132 posts
    January 28, 2016 6:48 PM PST

EQ1. EQ2 wasn't good at all. I actually kind of Hated EQ2. 

EQ Next should have been EQ1 remade, Landmark put in combat (which should transfer to EQN) (if the game isn't just vaporware) and the combat is the worst thing i have ever seen in an mmo. 

It's like a first person shooter game instead of mmo. I hope daybreak has trashed what was there and started over. 

World of Warcraft 2 could be cool if it was done Right. Made it less of an epeen, twitch controls, gear score check. 

• 409 posts
    January 29, 2016 4:25 AM PST

Medjai said:World of Warcraft 2 could be cool if it was done Right. Made it less of an epeen, twitch controls, gear score check.

If they created a mature Diablo themed mmo aimed at the older gerenation of mmo'ers... (as in abit like WoW vanilla but abit harder) and kept WoW for the kids... That'd be fantastic.
    Anyway.. getting back to the OP's topic..

It's funny that you mention this OP, but up until recently I thought a certain game's sequel was never going to be made. I wished for many years.. and it's finally happening.

System Shock 3. However.. I'm also scared because within this day & age it could become "consolised" (as in a classic pc game with cut corners so that appeals to a bigger market(console) - but ruins it for the die hards), however some of the originals are doing it and it's crowd funded so it might be safe.

The second game I wish for is a redone Everquest 1 as a REAL Everquest 2. Same lines as Medjai :)

This post was edited by Nimryl at January 29, 2016 4:35 AM PST
    • 13 posts
    January 29, 2016 7:23 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Yeah, it's a double edge sword but there are definitely some MMORPGs that I would love to see have a sequel done properly, Vanguard is top of that list for me! :)

Absolutely.

This post was edited by Nizzdal at January 29, 2016 7:23 AM PST
    • 157 posts
    January 29, 2016 1:14 PM PST

World of Warcraft.   Not the thing it has become, but the thing it was when it first came out.  “WoW Vanilla”.  I was in the beta and it started out much, much different, more complex, and much harder… more like EQ1.  I had a lot of fun in the early days of WoW.   It’s too bad it changed so much.

• 1714 posts
    January 29, 2016 3:55 PM PST

Medjai said:

EQ1. EQ2 wasn't good at all. I actually kind of Hated EQ2. 

EQ Next should have been EQ1 remade, Landmark put in combat (which should transfer to EQN) (if the game isn't just vaporware) and the combat is the worst thing i have ever seen in an mmo. 

It's like a first person shooter game instead of mmo. I hope daybreak has trashed what was there and started over. 

World of Warcraft 2 could be cool if it was done Right. Made it less of an epeen, twitch controls, gear score check. 

EQ2 was not EQ 2, if you know what i mean. Just like the real diablo 3 games were Guildwars and Hellgate: London. 

• 1714 posts
    January 29, 2016 3:56 PM PST

Tie Fighter

• 106 posts
    January 29, 2016 4:21 PM PST
    Yeah EQ 2 came way too early, and was more just an answer to Wow, I enjoyed it but the lore sucked and the mechanics and game features were 2nd rate, wish the just reskinned EQ /sigh

But I didn't get to play vanguard, I'm pondering jumping on the emu server.
    • 37 posts
    January 29, 2016 5:17 PM PST

Star Wars: Galaxies!

Sadly I didn't realize fully how awesome that game was until it was too late.

• 89 posts
    January 30, 2016 4:18 PM PST

Thief: The Dark Project.  Every sequel after T2 was disappointing.