Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Once a week 1 hour development streams on Twitch?

• 35 posts
    January 22, 2016 10:32 AM PST

Heya Devs!

So i know the game is in a state that you don't want others to "base" your final product off of...but one thing i really loved that some MMO's i followed did in development was have a 1 hour a week live stream on twitch just to show some fans the state of the game to keep them up to speed, while also helping them feel like things are moving along.  I love when games do this!  I think it's great when you can show some of the cool little things here and there that could be in store and even answer a few generic questions.  I know it's not an MMO or even maybe a great company to use as an example...but when SOE did weekly dev streams of H1Z1 it felt nice to be able to see some actual progress, even if it was minor.  I would grab a Guinness, sit in my rocking chair and watch the hour streams every week.  I was just wondering if that is anything you guys tossed around the idea of doing?  Can't wait to try Pantheon, so this would be an awesome way to stay involved in the progress as a fan!

• 308 posts
    January 22, 2016 10:37 AM PST

They used to, i actually enjoyed the streams - was a shame they stopped.

• 77 posts
    January 22, 2016 11:11 AM PST

I am guessing at this point they are working on stuff that cannot be disclosed.

• 308 posts
    January 22, 2016 11:33 AM PST

They stopped doing it quite some time ago, they kind of went radio silent for a while and it never started back up.  I would be surprised if there wasn't something that they could stream, art design or world building.  Camelot Unchained has kind of set the standard in my opinion with all their streaming, hell they even streams programmers coding on occasion.  So either there isn't much going on behind the scenes right now, holidays, etc. or it's just a continuation of the old school mentality of MMO design or a combination of both.

• 1434 posts
    January 22, 2016 2:50 PM PST

They haven't really gone silent, because every month for the last 3 or 4 months theres been good information or an update to the information on the site.

• 9115 posts
    January 22, 2016 4:20 PM PST

While we used to love doing streams with Monty and/or Joppa in the early days, we are not as big as some of the other companies that have actual dedicated teams for streaming, videos etc. so we had to stop them and concentrate on making the game as it took up a lot of time, that and as Fingurs mentioned, we are at a stage now where we need to be careful what we show for many reasons, especially as we show the game to investors.

We have the monthly newsletter starting back up shortly plus I will be randomly releasing mini updates as we get closer to pre-alpha, I also have some other cool things planned for the community on top of my questions twice a week, so stay tuned :)

• 366 posts
    January 22, 2016 5:14 PM PST

Kilsin said:

While we used to love doing streams with Monty and/or Joppa in the early days, we are not as big as some of the other companies that have actual dedicated teams for streaming, videos etc. so we had to stop them and concentrate on making the game as it took up a lot of time, that and as Fingurs mentioned, we are at a stage now where we need to be careful what we show for many reasons, especially as we show the game to investors.

We have the monthly newsletter starting back up shortly plus I will be randomly releasing mini updates as we get closer to pre-alpha, I also have some other cool things planned for the community on top of my questions twice a week, so stay tuned :)

It is okay by me. For me -  am not a big fan of the streams, so that is okay by me.  Dont get me wrong - if they are there I watch them - but it is because I do not want to miss out on information. For myself, I prefer posts or video presentations  they are more concise. Definitely looking forward to February's update. Streams take up too much of my time to get the new updated information I want. Especially after launch I would rather play the game, not watch someone play it for me.

• 308 posts
    January 22, 2016 5:36 PM PST

Dullahan said:

They haven't really gone silent, because every month for the last 3 or 4 months theres been good information or an update to the information on the site.

I said they went silent for a while (last year), and they most certainly did.  They picked it back up once the new website was revealed.

• 308 posts
    January 22, 2016 5:42 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Camelot Unchained does not dedicated teams for streaming (their management, devs and artists all take part), Crowfall is kind of doing the same thing; they are just doing what they can to keep their community engaged during their development process.   Would more transparency be nice like some of the other small crowd funded studios?  Absolutely, but you guys are in a different and following a different paradigm, it is what it is. 

• 9115 posts
    January 22, 2016 9:52 PM PST

Reht said:

Kilsin said:

Camelot Unchained does not dedicated teams for streaming (their management, devs and artists all take part), Crowfall is kind of doing the same thing; they are just doing what they can to keep their community engaged during their development process.   Would more transparency be nice like some of the other small crowd funded studios?  Absolutely, but you guys are in a different and following a different paradigm, it is what it is. 

Oh absolutely and while it isn't a contest, CU also have 2 Community Managers, 24 staff and almost 4 million dollars at their disposal, while Crowfall has 28 team members and over 6 mil at their disposal! If we had enough team members and millions of dollars floating around we would be doing the same man ;)

We are working our butts off and releasing updates as they become available, we are not hiding anything from you guys or keeping anything from you, I can promise you that. As soon as we have something worthwhile, we release it and in the meantime, we have the newly launched newsletters and my CM interactions to help keep everyone engaged. :)

• 511 posts
    January 23, 2016 7:13 PM PST

Kilsin said:

I am sure you have fans here that would love to stream and talk about the game for you :P

• 9115 posts
    January 24, 2016 12:21 AM PST

Dreconic said:

Kilsin said:

I am sure you have fans here that would love to stream and talk about the game for you :P

I know for certain we do lol ;)

It won't be long until the testing phase starts and then everyone will see how much hard work we have put into the game, which I am excited and really looking forward too :)

• 174 posts
    January 24, 2016 9:57 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Dreconic said:

Kilsin said:

It won't be long until the testing phase starts and then everyone will see how much hard work we have put into the game, which I am excited and really looking forward too :)

Define long.

• 9115 posts
    January 24, 2016 3:49 PM PST

Chimerical said:

Kilsin said:

Dreconic said:

Kilsin said:

Define long.

After an implied point of time.

"He couldn't wait any longer" ;) 
    • 86 posts
    January 24, 2016 9:10 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Chimerical said:

Kilsin said:

Dreconic said:

Kilsin said:

Define long.

Kilsin, your post killed me. I am utterly dead inside now.

• 160 posts
    January 24, 2016 9:15 PM PST

Chimerical said:

Define long.

Hah. Be patient bro.

Haste ruins the work - Perrin Aybara

This post was edited by Nuggie at January 24, 2016 9:15 PM PST
    • 781 posts
    January 24, 2016 10:22 PM PST

Cheering you guys on Kilsin !  :)  Keep up the good work

• 9115 posts
    January 25, 2016 1:18 AM PST

shihiro said:

Kilsin said:

Chimerical said:

Kilsin said:

Dreconic said:

Kilsin said:

Define long.

Kilsin, your post killed me. I am utterly dead inside now.

Hahaha! I couldn't resist :)

• 9115 posts
    January 25, 2016 1:20 AM PST

NuggieOndahead said:

Chimerical said:

Define long.

Hah. Be patient bro.

Haste ruins the work - Perrin Aybara

Exactly lol, I know it's hard but I will post as soon as we have something, I promise! :)

• 9115 posts
    January 25, 2016 1:20 AM PST

Kelem said:

Cheering you guys on Kilsin !  :)  Keep up the good work

Thank you Kelem, we appreciate it a lot! :)

• 1095 posts