Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

New Year Gaming Resolution(s)?

• 9115 posts
    January 4, 2016 4:03 AM PST
    I hope everyone had a safe holidays and New Year! Since it's a new year, what are your new years resolution(s) for 2016 in regards to gaming? :)
    • 232 posts
    January 4, 2016 8:50 AM PST

Here are my gaming New Years resolutions:

1.  Resisting the urge to revisit MMO's I know I wont like.  I've tried most everything, but I always quit playing for very valid reasons.  I need to keep reminding myself of that.  Without an MMO to call home, I feel like there is a void in my gaming life; not too unlike most of us disenfranchised veteran players.  Resisting the urge to throw sub money and/or time at an MMO that I know I wont stick with is probably the biggest challenge for me, especially when my friends are MMO hopping like its their job -- and remaining unsatisfied.

2.  In place of my typical MMO, I'm filling the void with my neglected collection of single-player games (Far Cry 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Mass Effect 3, Witcher 3, Shadows of Mordor).  Currently working through a replay with a graphically modded Skyrim.  Just finished Dawnguard expansion for the first time last night -- very awesome -- and starting on Dragonborn when I get home from work.  Next up will be Witcher 3 for my first playthrough.

• 149 posts
    January 4, 2016 9:12 AM PST

Well I am determined to finish Witcher 3 but otherwise on the MMORPG front it is pretty much just continue playing ESO and waiting on Pantheon and Saga of Lucimia to come out since those are the only MMORPGs that are coming out that I am interested in.

• 106 posts
    January 4, 2016 10:53 AM PST
    Be the only lvl 20 epic ranger on the eq servers. Then mess around here and there until pantheon hits my pc.
    • 13 posts
    January 4, 2016 12:34 PM PST

Dekaden said:

1.  Resisting the urge to revisit MMO's I know I wont like.  I've tried most everything, but I always quit playing for very valid reasons.  I need to keep reminding myself of that.  Without an MMO to call home, I feel like there is a void in my gaming life; not too unlike most of us disenfranchised veteran players.  Resisting the urge to throw sub money and/or time at an MMO that I know I wont stick with is probably the biggest challenge for me, especially when my friends are MMO hopping like its their job -- and remaining unsatisfied.

2.  In place of my typical MMO, I'm filling the void with my neglected collection of single-player games (Far Cry 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Mass Effect 3, Witcher 3, Shadows of Mordor).  Currently working through a replay with a graphically modded Skyrim.  Just finished Dawnguard expansion for the first time last night -- very awesome -- and starting on Dragonborn when I get home from work.  Next up will be Witcher 3 for my first playthrough.

You and me man, you and me. I'm doing the exact same thing. I went so far as to uninstall all MMOs from my hdd except for FFXIV. FFXIV and I have such a history that I refuse to uninstall it but the rest of them? Gone. I won't install another one until Black Desert comes out and I'm forced to endure that piece of trash by my friends until I get so mad that I quit -or- Pantheon comes out. Even if I'm still playing Black Desert, I'm quitting the day before guaranteed. 

I literally started Skyrim over again on Saturday as a Monk (found a great mod) and I'm going to play through as much as possible, doing some of the stuff I knew about but didn't get to. I might actually also finish Witcher 3, Fallout 4, and play through all the Dragon Ages again as something else. IN addition, I'm getting more art in and working up a backlog of comics.

• 18 posts
    January 4, 2016 1:06 PM PST

I`ll stay at 1920x1080 for 2016...

.....and I`ll try to finish the games before starting next ones ! :)

• 9115 posts
    January 4, 2016 3:29 PM PST

Dekaden said:

I have learned the hard way with revisiting old MMOs that I don't like and I have been relying on single player games to get me through until we can play Pantheon with you all, Witcher 3 is awesome! :)

• 9115 posts
    January 4, 2016 3:31 PM PST

Aggelos said:

Well I am determined to finish Witcher 3 but otherwise on the MMORPG front it is pretty much just continue playing ESO and waiting on Pantheon and Saga of Lucimia to come out since those are the only MMORPGs that are coming out that I am interested in.

Haha, Witcher 3 is such an awesome game! :)

• 9115 posts
    January 4, 2016 3:32 PM PST

Simples said: Be the only lvl 20 epic ranger on the eq servers. Then mess around here and there until pantheon hits my pc.

Nice Simples and good luck my friend! :)

• 9115 posts
    January 4, 2016 3:33 PM PST

Gnomepaladin said:

Dekaden said:

You and me man, you and me. I'm doing the exact same thing. I went so far as to uninstall all MMOs from my hdd except for FFXIV. FFXIV and I have such a history that I refuse to uninstall it but the rest of them? Gone. I won't install another one until Black Desert comes out and I'm forced to endure that piece of trash by my friends until I get so mad that I quit -or- Pantheon comes out. Even if I'm still playing Black Desert, I'm quitting the day before guaranteed. 

I literally started Skyrim over again on Saturday as a Monk (found a great mod) and I'm going to play through as much as possible, doing some of the stuff I knew about but didn't get to. I might actually also finish Witcher 3, Fallout 4, and play through all the Dragon Ages again as something else. IN addition, I'm getting more art in and working up a backlog of comics.

I have just started a new Skyrim playthrough too, love that game! :)

• 9115 posts
    January 4, 2016 3:34 PM PST

Lodizal said:

I`ll stay at 1920x1080 for 2016...

.....and I`ll try to finish the games before starting next ones ! :)

Haha nice, me too and I need to finish my games too! :)

• 378 posts
    January 4, 2016 3:53 PM PST

Went back late last year and tried a couple of my old MMO's, nothing really took me, so made the resolution to get to  playing some of the single player games I have picked up in steam sales and have not tried yet.

In Dying light atm and really enjoying the story so far. 

• 9115 posts
    January 4, 2016 5:53 PM PST

Zandil said:

Went back late last year and tried a couple of my old MMO's, nothing really took me, so made the resolution to get to  playing some of the single player games I have picked up in steam sales and have not tried yet.

In Dying light atm and really enjoying the story so far. 

Nice mate, I have been putting Dying Light off for a long time, maybe if I get through some more games I will look at it again, I didn;t know it had a story side to it, I thought it was only multiplayer!

• 13 posts
    January 4, 2016 6:56 PM PST

Looks like the single player games are getting a big boost from those of us who are tired of our current selection of MMO's lol. 

• 9115 posts
    January 5, 2016 12:43 AM PST

Gnomepaladin said:

Looks like the single player games are getting a big boost from those of us who are tired of our current selection of MMO's lol. 

Yeah, they sure are lol, they share a lot in common with MMORPGs like Pantheon, just minus all the other players!

• 75 posts
    January 5, 2016 12:59 AM PST

A tour of my steam account :)

oh and playing those sales!!! Have my nose in Thea: the Awakening and am really enjoying it.

have things on console i keep dabbling with (Witcher 3, Shadows of Mordor, Destiny).  Have The Division on Pre-order and will look at that for a hole filler from March.

Watched the new Star Wars - reloaded SWTOR, rolled republic but it is easy mode they just throw xp at you as if they want you to miss the story.....odd as its the only reason to ply it.

• 13 posts
    January 5, 2016 11:49 AM PST

Narben4 said:

A tour of my steam account :)

oh and playing those sales!!! Have my nose in Thea: the Awakening and am really enjoying it.

have things on console i keep dabbling with (Witcher 3, Shadows of Mordor, Destiny).  Have The Division on Pre-order and will look at that for a hole filler from March.

Watched the new Star Wars - reloaded SWTOR, rolled republic but it is easy mode they just throw xp at you as if they want you to miss the story.....odd as its the only reason to ply it.

I tried their new expansion, and while the only real reason I was playing their game in the first place is story, the completely revamped the entire game at 60. They turned it into a single player mmo story. I can't determine if that's good or bad, because at this point I'm not playing with anyone so it was okay (I just really dislike some of those classes and the way the fighting works so I'm not playing it) just very very different. They want you to get past 1-50 so you can get to those two expacs.

• 85 posts
    January 5, 2016 6:11 PM PST

My gaming resolutions for 2016:

Test Pantheon.

Hunt down Attila and kill his hordes.  All of them.  (Total War)

Conquer the entire world, playing as Brazil - I've never had good luck with Brazil. (Civ V)

Start playing Wasteland 2 - a friend bought it for me and I just haven't been able to get to it yet.  I feel bad about that.

Test Pantheon.  (Did I say that already?)

:)

This post was edited by Sylee at January 5, 2016 7:09 PM PST
    • 2138 posts
    January 5, 2016 6:45 PM PST

I am this " holds thumb and index finger together" close to finishing the meta game of Oblivion- finished all the quests and  guild lines with no conlficts, all the gates are closed, and just have to pick p the dragon armor. Maybe get back to Fall out 3- finish the other half of the map- but having too much fun with Fallout 4!