Forums » Pantheon Races

Standings between the races.

• 2419 posts
    January 3, 2016 7:21 PM PST

Reading through the lore of the races, and how no race is indigenous to Terminus, I'm wondering about the standings which might exist between the races.  Good, Neutral, Evil? I'd hate to see races divided that way as it is too simplistic of a division.  Rather just plain mistrust could supply all the justification for standing differences and avoids stereotypical divisions opening up new and more interesting combinations.  With standings, it gives an opening for team PvP (though that isn't something I'm particularly interested in).

Would differences in attitudes between the races be of interest?  Or should they all be no less than dubious to everyone else?  What interesting gameplay could arise from certain races being KOS to others?

• 157 posts
    January 21, 2016 10:24 AM PST

I played an Iksar back in EQ, and I loved how factions worked.  I spent a lot of time working factions.  And I spent a lot more time sneaking on boats, around guards, etc.  I like the idea of non-static factions, and being able to work my way into unlikely relationships with other factions.  I'd love to see some kind of variable/changeable factions in this game.

• 109 posts
    February 1, 2016 7:52 AM PST

Really like to see a rebirth of the old EQ faction systems, thought maybe Vanguard would bring it back but it didnt quite get it right for me. Sometimes as the old saying goes "if it aint broke, dont fix it". A simple copy pasta from EQ as it relates to factions would work for me.

• 61 posts
    February 13, 2016 3:36 AM PST

Vandraad said:

Reading through the lore of the races, and how no race is indigenous to Terminus, I'm wondering about the standings which might exist between the races.  Good, Neutral, Evil? I'd hate to see races divided that way as it is too simplistic of a division.  Rather just plain mistrust could supply all the justification for standing differences and avoids stereotypical divisions opening up new and more interesting combinations.  With standings, it gives an opening for team PvP (though that isn't something I'm particularly interested in).

Would differences in attitudes between the races be of interest?  Or should they all be no less than dubious to everyone else?  What interesting gameplay could arise from certain races being KOS to others?

Well this is pretty much the timeline according to the lore in wich the races appeared;

7IH Dwarves
    9IH Elves
    12IH ogres
    400IH Age of Seclusion
    458IH Age of Chaos, Dark Myr/Archai
    459IH Humans
    486IH End of Age of Chaos
    620IH Hafling
    621IH Skar
    622Ih Gnomes
    987IH Today!

As you can see, there is definitely enough time for the 3 first races to develop anymosity that goes well beyond the dubious phase (heck all of them really). The one thing that i sorta dislike is complete and utter KOS between races! I mean yes we arent living in a fantasy world but we've had 2 world wars and several big conflicts and folks arent KOS to each other! Sure there are tensions but why must all races trully despise each other that they are KOS? Especially over the time span we are looking at here! I mean are Ogres evil being? Being KOS make sense when a race is evil, are Skar evil? They sure seems so! 

From the lore:

"If there was an opposite to any good thing in every race, the Skar would stand alone in the extreme. Suicidally vicious, tribal and short-sighted, the Skar fear only their "Nine God".

So beyond Skar and maybe Ogres, i dont see any reason, for any other races to be KOS to each other, Granted my lore knowledge is still blurry.