Forums » Store Questions & Feedback

Founder's Guild

• 11 posts
    December 25, 2015 6:58 AM PST

One of the benefits to the Advisor's pledge is an Invite to founder's guild.  Is anyone able to provide any more detail on that one?

Stay sharp!

• 303 posts
    December 29, 2015 4:59 AM PST

I know there has been some discussion about this on the forums. I tried to do a search but I was unable to find it. What we know is that they are going to make a guild in the game where the founders as well as some of the developers would have characters in it. A way to keep the main supporters of the game together as well as a way to interact more directly with the developers of the game in a game play setting!

I believe they were tossing around ideas of how to best implement it which I believe is still up in the air. I liked the idea of the founders guild being a separate guild that didn’t count towards your real guild but perhaps @Kilsin could enlighten us further because I can’t find the topic where that was going on.

• 8936 posts
    December 29, 2015 3:07 PM PST

We are still undecided on this and are tossing up between a few idea's but once we make a decision, I will provide more information on this reward :)

• 303 posts
    December 30, 2015 6:47 AM PST

I cant wait to hear more on this as I am saving up to upgrade my pledges till I hit those goals :)

• 1535 posts
    February 16, 2016 7:22 PM PST

I'm looking forward to hearing more about this reward. I'm sure it will help those who are most heavily financially invested in the success of the game to get together and share ideas and to group up etc. The founders guild was the main thing that made me sign up to the pledge level that I did.

• 155 posts
    March 16, 2016 3:51 PM PDT

Ditto, Cromulent.  Considering upgrading my pledge depending on how the Founder's Guild functions.  Kils, anything new to say, Sir?

This post was edited by Vade at March 16, 2016 3:53 PM PDT
    • 792 posts
    March 21, 2016 10:46 AM PDT

Ill be good with the founders guild, but want also hardcore raiding guild too. So can we make this a multi guild situation being flagged for both? and chat in both if your "Special"

Its an idea but the devs might not like my idea, especially the programmers :)

I donate to keep this game flowing, i dont donate for the perks... except there is a huge bonus going from knight to the next 2-3 levels.

This post was edited by Crazzie at March 21, 2016 10:48 AM PDT
    • 8936 posts
    March 21, 2016 4:30 PM PDT

Crazzie said:

Ill be good with the founders guild, but want also hardcore raiding guild too. So can we make this a multi guild situation being flagged for both? and chat in both if your "Special"

I donate to keep this game flowing, i dont donate for the perks... except there is a huge bonus going from knight to the next 2-3 levels.

We don't actually want multi-guilds for a few reasons but this type of Founder's Guild won't be like a normal guild, it will be something a bit different, we just have to figure out what! So you will be able to join your normal raiding guild and still be a part of the Founder Guild whether it be a title, an area to visit, a faction that offers discounts etc. :)

• 1828 posts
    March 21, 2016 6:51 PM PDT

sweet :)

• 82 posts
    March 28, 2016 12:22 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Crazzie said:

We don't actually want multi-guilds for a few reasons but this type of Founder's Guild won't be like a normal guild, it will be something a bit different, we just have to figure out what! So you will be able to join your normal raiding guild and still be a part of the Founder Guild whether it be a title, an area to visit, a faction that offers discounts etc. :)

Nice. I upgraded to Adviser's today before even seeing this (athough it's not showing up yet for some reason).

I like the fact that you are not supporting multi-guilds. I feel that is one sure way to break a game. Since this game is focusing on social gaming I think it is a must.

Now some may say, multi-guilds is more social because you have access to more players, not really imho. You need depth in the relationship.

I'm glad I can be part of the Founder's Guild and my own. I know you are working it out, but I get the feeling if it was only an area, then it wouldn't feel immerive and over time just be an empty space.

Hopefully we have a chance to work and participate in FG before launch. I would certainly enjoy playing and meeting up with like minded players who felt strongly enough about supporting VR in thier endeavor to progress this game.

This post was edited by Lakland at March 28, 2016 12:23 PM PDT
    • 36 posts
    May 6, 2016 7:05 AM PDT

This sounds a little like what SWTOR did with the Collectors Edition - you get an in-game "bracelet" that gives y ou VIP access to certain in-game area (like a cantina) with social perks but no real game-play effect.  Maybe a vendor with things only available in the Founder Guild area?

• 466 posts
    June 4, 2016 10:40 AM PDT

Any update on that ?

It has been already more than 6 months since the announce. Is somebody thinking about this issue or is it simply set aside for undetermined duration ?

• 8936 posts
    June 4, 2016 5:36 PM PDT

It is set aside until we get into testing most likely as it isn't a critical mechanic or function and something that is easier to work with once we have the time, like with anything, I will announce it when we have more. :)

• 20 posts
    July 31, 2016 3:20 PM PDT

I must admit ,.. the aspect of direct communication with Dev's via  founders guild is Amazing. Direct feedback Dev's with finger on pulse of game, seeing where  lows are and  where highs are. This is exactly  where the "game we've been looking for" comes from. we not just a $$$$  Prolly single best investment i made in a very long time TY VR /kneel

• 1 posts
    October 15, 2016 4:08 PM PDT

I'm looking forward to whatever you guys decide!

• 615 posts
    April 17, 2017 2:07 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Founder's Guild won't be like a normal guild, it will be something a bit different, we just have to figure out what! So you will be able to join your normal raiding guild and still be a part of the Founder Guild whether it be a title, an area to visit, a faction that offers discounts etc. :)

A guild that isn't normal is a guild where I'd feel right at home ,though I'll rarely be home when adventure calls

Became careful with large investments after a mistake I made by supporting a game that never saw the light of day.

I'd love to support this on that level,we'll see there is time

This post was edited by Fluffy at April 17, 2017 2:08 PM PDT
    • 7 posts
    December 29, 2017 11:16 AM PST

Kilsin said:

We are still undecided on this and are tossing up between a few idea's but once we make a decision, I will provide more information on this reward :)

Any update on this one @Kilsin?

• 8936 posts
    December 29, 2017 3:46 PM PST

Renzlir said:

Kilsin said:

No, not at this time my friend, this will be something we give more info on much later down the track and closer to release.

• 200 posts
    March 19, 2018 4:03 PM PDT

Hmm I was thinking it would literally be a guild of people who pledged a certain amount early on and would guarantee a spot in there, which seemed appealing.  Seemed like a place where you would likely get a lot of good people and not worry about finding a good guild, although I could see some possible issues.  I have been contemplating upgrading to that $300 level but that is the main benefit that intrigues me, so I guess I will wait until there is more info.

• 295 posts
    March 31, 2018 6:27 AM PDT

I hope they tease this information on a stream right before officially announcing it. That would be fun.

• 1 posts
    August 7, 2018 2:18 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

It is set aside until we get into testing most likely as it isn't a critical mechanic or function and something that is easier to work with once we have the time, like with anything, I will announce it when we have more. :)

@Kilsin

The game is in its third pre-alpha stage at the moment, is there any new information regarding this? Also, will players in the "founder's guild" be able to group up as if they were in a regular guild, or will there be restrictions attempting to restrict these types of actions to normal guilds? Will this guild use a chatting system similar to the guild system, or will there be posts to make it easier for the devs to get back? And if there are posts, will these posts carry more importance to forum posts and be prioritized?

Sorry if I'm pestering you, I'm only asking these questions because I'm curious as to how it'll work and whether or not I should upgrade to the adviser's pledge.

This post was edited by Light at August 7, 2018 2:20 PM PDT
    • 262 posts
    August 10, 2018 7:54 AM PDT
    There was mention in one of the streams, I believe it was one if the Amverfaet focused streams but that may be off, there was chatter about raid mobs of various level ranges, then Founders Guild was mentioned and the reply was something like 'it might be a custom merchant somewhere or similar and they didn't necessarily mean a guild like an organization, it might just be a faction flag to access a room or vendor somewhere'.

• 246 posts
    December 6, 2018 12:38 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Renzlir said:

Kilsin said:

No, not at this time my friend, this will be something we give more info on much later down the track and closer to release.

Happy holidays Kilsin!

Another year gone by, hate to necro an old thread...but why not?

Any news on what the founders guild concept is fleshing out to be.

• 65 posts
    December 15, 2018 2:15 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Crazzie said:

im glad you guys dont want multi guilds! i love that guilds will mean something again in this game.