Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Quests

• 668 posts
    November 30, 2015 3:53 PM PST

Kilsin-

Are you all entertaining the idea of community quest possibilities, similar to how EQ Next was going to do rallying calls?  It would be different than just a random, one time event spawn.

Example:

A dungeon of goblins is cleared out an X number of times (would take a while) and eventually they get tired of it and a Goblin King spawns and runs out into the open world causing havoc to adventurers.  This event would take numerous people to control different parts of the outer world they invaded.  Once they are killed and King is defeated, anyone who participated gets to loot a chest (or whatever).

Now, a new NPC spawns and says because the goblin threat is no more, they would like help building a Fortress to defend future invasions. This starts different community quest opportunities where players need to gather materials and use skills to assemble the wall / fort etc...  This could be the start of a new tradeskill (that forms foundations or walls etc.) until the fortress is done (again, takes awhile).  Once that is done, anyone who participated once again gets a chance at % loot... 

Eventually, fire elementals spring to life from a nearby fracture in the earth and threaten to burn down the fortress.  Gathering water and preventing destruction, as well as fighting off the elementals (need fire gear) would be essential for this step.  A boss spawns etc. etc....  You get the idea.

I thought is was a really neat idea that would involve a lot of community participation and not just be about guilds, groups all the time.  I realize this is probably a logistical nightmare though hehe

• 9115 posts
    November 30, 2015 5:50 PM PST

Absolutely, this is something that I have on my list of things to look at when we get further along with development, possibly a beta testing opportunity but it is on my list and something I will be discussing with the team later on down the track, I am all for GM, Community, Guide, Guild events and will do what I can to support you guys when you make your own events up also ;)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at November 30, 2015 5:51 PM PST
    • 1095 posts
    February 15, 2016 7:29 PM PST

This is where I can see Guide/Volunteer GM people coming into play. Plan an event and execute it. I'm down for this type of thing.