Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Do the Devs Check Forums Often?

• 668 posts
    November 16, 2015 2:50 PM PST

Kilsin just wondering if the Devs check and read the forums at all?  Do you ever discuss any hot topics you see on the forums per our feedback?  I see posts in the past from Joppa...

Thanks,

Pyye

• 1281 posts
    November 16, 2015 5:00 PM PST

From what I've seen the dev that post most often is Brad. I believe everything is getting read.

• 85 posts
    November 16, 2015 7:05 PM PST

I can tell you much Kilsin lives on these forums.. So anything Kilsin reads here will be forwarded back to the team at any given time. And I am certain the team meets up (Skype or what ever) on a regular basis to update/discuss about the game. To me not seeing a dev reply does not mean they dont read. It just means they are deeply invovled in developement, and can only hop on and read.  

• 9115 posts
    November 16, 2015 8:02 PM PST

Azraell said:

I can tell you much Kilsin lives on these forums.. So anything Kilsin reads here will be forwarded back to the team at any given time. And I am certain the team meets up (Skype or what ever) on a regular basis to update/discuss about the game. To me not seeing a dev reply does not mean they dont read. It just means they are deeply invovled in developement, and can only hop on and read.  

Yeah this is accurate, my main role as the Community and Web Manager is to be the chief liaison between the team and the community and the community and the team, so I am living in these forums, as Az put it lol, and I read every single post and pass on any good idea's, topics of debate, concerns, queries, support, kind words etc. plus I have a few weekly meetings with different departments/heads of teams, one of which is my CM meeting where we discuss numerous things, including these forums, twitter, facebook and so on.

So to answer your question, yes, the devs read here often, I read everything here and a lot of that information is passed to the right people on a regular basis. :)

• 668 posts
    November 16, 2015 8:38 PM PST

Perfect, great to know Kilsin, thanks

• 9115 posts
    November 17, 2015 1:24 AM PST

Pyye said:

Perfect, great to know Kilsin, thanks

You're welcome Pyye :)

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    November 20, 2015 4:56 PM PST

I think it's accurate to say that most of the team tries to keep up to date by reading through the forums.  Some, like Kilsin, are tasked with staying current, answering questions, addressing concerns, etc.  I definitely try to keep up to date and post, but it's often in spurts.  I get really busy working on the game, then take a break, read up on everything, post where I can, and then I return to development.  Others are the same.  Some, while they read, aren't big on posting.  The important thing to point out is that we are all super busy, pouring our hearts and souls into the game, and that while that is obviously important, we can get so focused that we don't check on the community as often as we should (I am certainly guilty of this at times, although I'm trying to get better and better).  We will endeavor to post more often, while still making sure that we're getting the job done, developing the game, with measurable forward progress.

-Brad

• 668 posts
    November 20, 2015 5:52 PM PST

Great news Brad...  There are some incredible conversations and theories in this forum.  I know a lot of us support your work passionately, me having played EQ for 9 years and VG 2 years, so there is a part of our heart in this too.  

Brad let me take the time to say thanks for having the courage to bring a dream to reality and not let the constant roadblocks in life be an excuse to take the easy road out.  You have stuck to your guns, made sacrifices, and we are all grateful for your focus to see this thru...  Can't wait to help in any way I can, ready to go for Alpha testing!

Thanks for letting us know you care....