Forums » The Summoner

Summoner class.

• 28 posts
    July 30, 2015 9:33 AM PDT

Not sure if this topic has been talked about regarding the Summoner class. Is this going to branch off in two directions? Mage and Necro. Elements vs. Undead.

• 150 posts
    July 30, 2015 10:01 AM PDT

Succor and Necrovac were definitely good additions to the druid and Necro class.

I remember times before necrovac was implimented....

CRing from underneath Vox was a sight to behold. We had it mastered! (of course CRing enough to have it mastered  is probably not a good thing) We had a cleric run in to the lair, go all Divine Aura and pull Vox into the back. Then we had 3 or 4 rogues sweep in with 5 corpse names to locate and drag out. The cleric meanwhile held aggro, but was protected behind a boulder. So when the rogues were done, the cleric would just gate out.

Necrovac is much easier.....but more costly, and not as much fun =)

And it was always nice to get Succored by a sexy Woodelf druid.  That made the trip to Trakanon simple, and the way thru Sirrens Grotto a piece of cake.

• 28 posts
    July 30, 2015 10:20 AM PDT
    Homercles said:

Succor and Necrovac were definitely good additions to the druid and Necro class.

I remember times before necrovac was implimented....

CRing from underneath Vox was a sight to behold. We had it mastered! (of course CRing enough to have it mastered  is probably not a good thing) We had a cleric run in to the lair, go all Divine Aura and pull Vox into the back. Then we had 3 or 4 rogues sweep in with 5 corpse names to locate and drag out. The cleric meanwhile held aggro, but was protected behind a boulder. So when the rogues were done, the cleric would just gate out.

Necrovac is much easier.....but more costly, and not as much fun =)

And it was always nice to get Succored by a sexy Woodelf druid.  That made the trip to Trakanon simple, and the way thru Sirrens Grotto a piece of cake.

Homercles>> 

No Offense but what does this have to do with the branching off of the Summoner Class. i am wondering under Summoner will they have two subclasses  that you can choose from Necro being able to raise the Dead and use blood/death spells/dots  or Mage raise the elements. and use fire, water, earth, wind type spells..... =0

This post was edited by Raven8Hawk at July 30, 2015 10:47 AM PDT
    • 150 posts
    July 30, 2015 11:14 AM PDT

Sorry,

Summoning makes me think of Necromancers summoning corpses and Druids summoning players across zones.

Now that I reread it, Pet classes it what you're referring to.

My mistake

• 9211 posts
    July 30, 2015 5:41 PM PDT

I have gone ahead and moved this thread to the "Summoner Class subforums", please be mindful of where you post to make sure you post in the appropriate forums so we can keep the forums nice and clean with easy to find information all in the same relevant place.

If you use the search function and search for "Summoner", you will see multiple threads all leading back to the Summoner subforums mate :)

• 7 posts
    February 4, 2017 3:49 PM PST

Everyone always looks to either elementals or undead as summoning archtypes..why not summon animals, dragons, demons, angels, or even just other classes? lol