Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Cross over stuff

• 453 posts
    July 24, 2015 12:52 PM PDT

Are there specific items/quests/specific buffs/specific mobs/NPCs etc that are in other games that you would like to in some shape or form make their way into Pantheon? Certainly there is a fine line between ripping another game off or simply paying fond homage to it.

One of the things that I would get a kick out of is if there were Priests of Discord. It would be cool if  they functioned the same way they did in EQ1 and would possibly even be humorous if you could hand them random clothes/weapons which they would equip just as they did in EQ1.

• 112 posts
    July 25, 2015 8:07 AM PDT

Fallen priest of discord.  Dressed in a tattered robe, as a beggar.  Give him a few coppers or anything, and he will ramble madly for you.

"Thank you kindly good sir, BUT I SAID I TO GIVE ME THE BOOK, NOT YOUR CHANGE, THE BOOOOOK!"

• 1434 posts
    July 28, 2015 6:21 PM PDT

Those are a lot of different things I'd like to see. Regarding buffs, I really liked the EQ buff system. I liked there being so many things that really benefited other players that you could cast on them. Buffs actually meant something. After EQ, few games really had buffs that were as important. Nothing was better in EQ than getting hit with a SoW, haste, clarity or an HP buff from a random player. It had a huge impact on what you were able to accomplish. Thats something I'd like to see again.

• 1778 posts
    July 29, 2015 8:52 AM PDT
    Careful with this quedtion Jason. You know Im an old FFXI vet so obviously I have some bias lol. That being said Ive also played a lot of different games from many different genres. There are so many
    ideas and mechanics I love. Not too mention when ever I play imaginary dev in my head. This is a tough question. Im afraid if you let me be the chief designer for an MMO. It would start as an MMO and change into some crazy zaney nonsensicle game after I got through shiving in every idea from a game I ever loved o.O
    • 5 posts
    July 29, 2015 11:55 AM PDT

Manaburn spell...

and when your character cast it, he says  : "some men just want to watch the world burn"

• 105 posts
    July 29, 2015 1:55 PM PDT

I enjoyed Rift's zone events.  You'd start off with a couple people working on the beginning objectives and then a group would form, a raid would form, and by the time the zone event boss would spawn you'd have several raids of people there to take it out.  Having people just converge together to complete an objective was neat.  I could definitely go for a version of such in Pantheon.