Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

EVERY DAY

This topic has been closed.
    • 578 posts
    July 6, 2015 8:15 PM PDT

I make an attempt every day to log in to this website with hope that the NEXT BIG UPDATE will be upon us. Peek around and then go about my business. I am patient but this is excruciating! lol

• 384 posts
    July 6, 2015 9:21 PM PDT
    Haha I hear you! Waiting is the hardest part. I can only listen to the developers round table so many times. :) think we have another couple months to wait too.
    • 9115 posts
    July 6, 2015 11:58 PM PDT

We understand that it is hard to wait and if we could speed it up we would but these things take a lot of time (usually 5 yrs behind closed doors and secrecy!) and we need to get it done properly as we are at a critical stage of development that needs our full attention to implement some fundamental core structures and features to be ready in time for Alpha.

I will be the first to post the announcement as soon as we are ready to go ahead with it no matter what time of day or night it is, just so you guys get it as soon as it's ready, I promise!

So please sit tight and continue being an awesome community, we will push on and get this update out to you as soon as possible which will hopefully be in the next couple of months. :)

• 384 posts
    July 7, 2015 8:05 AM PDT
    Kilsin said:

We understand that it is hard to wait and if we could speed it up we would but these things take a lot of time (usually 5 yrs behind closed doors and secrecy!) and we need to get it done properly as we are at a critical stage of development that needs our full attention to implement some fundamental core structures and features to be ready in time for Alpha.

I will be the first to post the announcement as soon as we are ready to go ahead with it no matter what time of day or night it is, just so you guys get it as soon as it's ready, I promise!

So please sit tight and continue being an awesome community, we will push on and get this update out to you as soon as possible which will hopefully be in the next couple of months. :)

Oh no worries! Completely understand! Personally I would rather there be one quality update that's impressive and likely to bring in more people (and hopefully money) than a few mediocre ones. Just excited to hear more but take the time and do it right. I know I'll still be here whenever more info is released. In the meantime, I'll just go listen to the round table discussion for the umpteenth time and reread the stuff in the Keeper's Vault again. lol :)
    • 578 posts
    July 7, 2015 11:27 AM PDT

I understand Kilsin. 100%! I just can't seem to find a new MMO to hold me over. I'm playing FFXIV only because a good friend is playing it. Rift was alright when it first came out. WoW is...wow. ESO would be awesome if the classes were deeper and more complex. This brings up a good question but I will ask it in the appropriate section.

• 9115 posts
    July 7, 2015 4:11 PM PDT
    Malsirian said:
    Kilsin said:

Oh no worries! Completely understand! Personally I would rather there be one quality update that's impressive and likely to bring in more people (and hopefully money) than a few mediocre ones. Just excited to hear more but take the time and do it right. I know I'll still be here whenever more info is released. In the meantime, I'll just go listen to the round table discussion for the umpteenth time and reread the stuff in the Keeper's Vault again. lol :)

Haha that's the spirit Malsirian! :)

• 9115 posts
    July 7, 2015 4:13 PM PDT
    NoobieDoo said:

I understand Kilsin. 100%! I just can't seem to find a new MMO to hold me over. I'm playing FFXIV only because a good friend is playing it. Rift was alright when it first came out. WoW is...wow. ESO would be awesome if the classes were deeper and more complex. This brings up a good question but I will ask it in the appropriate section.

Oh I know mate, I feel your pain as I am in the same boat, it's painful for a lot of us! lol :)

• 163 posts
    July 8, 2015 9:08 AM PDT

Everyday I push the mouse on my desk to wake my computer up and download another 500MBs of Rift until my computer falls asleep again.... 

• 17 posts
    July 8, 2015 9:45 AM PDT

Totally there with you! Nothing has captured me like Vanguard did, with the exception of the original Asherons Call before they allowed "buff bots". SWTOR kept me busy there for a bit but it was not VG..

• 12 posts
    July 8, 2015 12:16 PM PDT

I do the same thing, check the website each day from work just to see if there's been an update.

I would like to mention Skyforge just for a moment as it's coming out tomorrow and it's keeping me entertained until Pantheon. It's certainly not a competitor of Pantheon as it's more of an action game that's quick paced (twitchy). I wanted to bring it up because it utilizes a progression system that doesn't have traditional character levels and instead has a more gradual advancement system most similar to Path of Exile's talent tree. I think it's clever for sure.

This post was edited by MeanGary at July 8, 2015 12:17 PM PDT
    • 578 posts
    July 8, 2015 7:42 PM PDT
    MeanGary said:
    I would like to mention Skyforge just for a moment as it's coming out tomorrow and it's keeping me entertained until Pantheon.

How is that? I stumbled upon its website the other day and it looks like it has some interesting classes. Classes that boldly say Tank, DPS, as well as SUPPORT. Only thing that concerned me was there were no healing classes so I'm wondering if support covers healing or if there are NO healers. If there are no healers then I will pass, I will play diablo or PoE or something. But if healing falls under support then is that strictly what support is or does it also cover actual non-healing support classes.

• 9115 posts
    July 8, 2015 8:20 PM PDT

Thanks for the discussion guy's, I am going to go ahead and close it down now, since there is nothing more to discuss on the subject until we release the big update, and we do not want to be discussing other games in our General Pantheon thread.

Please keep in mind that if you wish to create a new thread on any subject, search for the keywords/subject first and then feel free to go ahead and create a new thread in the appropriate sub-forum. We need to keep our main section free from derails and off-topic discussion so it is easier for us, investors, newcomers and everyone, in general, to be able to find information and quickly read through topics.

Thanks for understanding :)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at July 8, 2015 8:21 PM PDT