Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Emotes for NPCs

• 106 posts
    June 11, 2015 11:05 PM PDT

I was just thinking how cool it would be if NPCs used emotes. I wish that guards would ready there swords when you approach them, and npc archers on walls would draw a bow when you approach a town gate. Or if you are a rogue, or a necro most npc's make rude gestures as you walk by.

• 48 posts
    June 12, 2015 6:00 PM PDT

anything to help add to the immersion of the world you are a part of.

In EQ2 for example it was cool to see some of the very very basic npc emote responses to people. Like when you over leveled an area the npcs would cower at you due to your strength. A lot of quest npcs would /beckon to you, or /peer etc at you to make contact and it reallymade it feel like they were trying to get your assistance rather than just standing around as a vending machine.

• 106 posts
    June 12, 2015 9:45 PM PDT
    I remember seeing this in the short time I played eq2 for, it was great immersion, I can still remember it feeling way more real, and was it in eq2 that they spoke? Or WoW? That is a must as well, great time saver to hear a character read out the the quest or something like that.

But it has already been mentioned by the big boys that they will not be doing the traditional way of questing, they will be using visual and sound cues, so I'm sure they will be working something similar into the day to day interaction.

P.s I would ALWAYS /rude to a necro when I was back on eq1, best RP as a druid :-P
    • 48 posts
    June 13, 2015 12:50 PM PDT
    Deadlyfury said:
    I remember seeing this in the short time I played eq2 for, it was great immersion, I can still remember it feeling way more real, and was it in eq2 that they spoke? Or WoW? That is a must as well, great time saver to hear a character read out the the quest or something like that. But it has already been mentioned by the big boys that they will not be doing the traditional way of questing, they will be using visual and sound cues, so I'm sure they will be working something similar into the day to day interaction. P.s I would ALWAYS /rude to a necro when I was back on eq1, best RP as a druid :-P

That was EQ2 as well. Having each class of mobs voiced really is an awesome thing. They actually had 2 different types of vo one of which being an unitelligeble one when you didn't know the language and another vo in English. i always like fighting mobs in eq2 for that reason they felt more real and reacted to you. Also who didn't love the skeletons " Brains its what's for dinner!"