Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

@ Aradune, Joppa, Kilsin & Team

• 144 posts
    June 2, 2015 8:32 AM PDT

Happy June to everyone...  Hope you have big plans for fathers day.

Getting to the point.

Hats off to the U5 change over I know that is a big undertaking and we all thank you for taking that challenge.

This post is about updates. 

What would be the chance of getting some monthly updates ?  The May screen shots are beautiful and is what we would all love to see monthly with maybe a video every now and again.  Something we have seen or heard rather is some of that awesome Joppa music or sound track.  What is the chances of getting bits and pieces of that here and there?

I read Aradune's post about E3 and it makes perfect sense on the reply. 

Thanks

~Chaam

• 132 posts
    June 2, 2015 10:33 AM PDT

I would love to get some love! ^_^

This post was edited by sajbear at June 2, 2015 10:39 AM PDT
    • 208 posts
    June 2, 2015 1:49 PM PDT

Ya know what, I do not even want visual/auditory updates.  I would just like a list of what is being worked on and what has been completed.  A list of topics/divisions of the workload and if they have been started, waiting to be started, have been completed, or such.. Even if it is assigned a number for priority and what the status of that topic is like before, waiting to stat, started, completed, etc...

• 163 posts
    June 2, 2015 4:28 PM PDT

Does the red title on your avatar mean that you're a significant financial backer to the development?

• 9115 posts
    June 2, 2015 4:39 PM PDT
    Gadgets said:

Does the red title on your avatar mean that you're a significant financial backer to the development?

No, mate.

Here is a list to explain title colour, avatars have nothing to do with rank or contribution.

https://www.pantheonrotf.com/wiki/view/pageId/250/slug/guide-to-account-name-colors

• 132 posts
    June 3, 2015 12:17 AM PDT
    Sogotp said:

Ya know what, I do not even want visual/auditory updates.  I would just like a list of what is being worked on and what has been completed.  A list of topics/divisions of the workload and if they have been started, waiting to be started, have been completed, or such.. Even if it is assigned a number for priority and what the status of that topic is like before, waiting to stat, started, completed, etc...

I would be very satisfied with this as well. Its better than nothing! :)

• 112 posts
    June 3, 2015 5:29 AM PDT

Some form of monthly progress on a text level would be sufficient for me.  I don't need a video or screen shots, all though I am waiting for some slick concept art of a gnome and/or summoner to use as a desktop *eh em* ;)

• 9115 posts
    June 3, 2015 6:06 AM PDT
    Chaam said:

Happy June to everyone...  Hope you have big plans for fathers day.

Getting to the point.

Hats off to the U5 change over I know that is a big undertaking and we all thank you for taking that challenge.

This post is about updates. 

What would be the chance of getting some monthly updates ?  The May screen shots are beautiful and is what we would all love to see monthly with maybe a video every now and again.  Something we have seen or heard rather is some of that awesome Joppa music or sound track.  What is the chances of getting bits and pieces of that here and there?

I read Aradune's post about E3 and it makes perfect sense on the reply. 

Thanks

~Chaam

Happy June everyone! :)

I can tell you that we have something in the works, and I am working with our PR guy to release a type of monthly update, but we are in the process of fine-tuning our company goals, so this may have to wait a little while longer. 

I know you guys crave information and I would love to give you loads of it but right now we are focused on the next development phase of this internal release for 1-10 levels, 1 class from each archetype and a new area plus many other things, so there is not a lot to release to you right now but stay tuned as I will get something to you guys as soon as humanly possible!

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at June 3, 2015 6:43 PM PDT
    • VR Staff
    • 176 posts
    June 3, 2015 7:15 AM PDT

Allow me to bring a post of mine in from another thread as context. The topic was the new EQ Ragefire server and how we should take advantage of the window of opportunity Ragefire has presented us, namely the resurgence of interest (or the re-proving of interest) in classic MMOs and hardcore mechanics. If you missed that discussion, the thread is here: https://www.pantheonrotf.com/forums/topic/1919/e3-and-pantheon

Here is my post from that thread:

----------

"Believe me, it is tempting.

I agree with what you (and others) are saying here and in posts like these. This is definitely an exciting window of time and it's invigorating to see such a large population of MMO players across the various sites pining for a modern game that embraces classic, hardcore game mechanics -- exactly what Pantheon will deliver. The Ragefire server has been a powerful "proof of concept" for us. However, the reality is that we are simply not ready to capitalize on this window yet, we need another 2-3 months.

One of my prime visions and goals for Pantheon since becoming Creative Director has been to cast off any remaining "amateur-job" perception towards our game, and to begin moving us into what we truly are and will be: a AAA quality contender in the modern era of MMO offerings. This has required some significant reorientation of both developmental and PR paradigms. It is the kind of shift that would make us see a window of opportunity like this and not jump all over it -- we are simply not ready to start building critical mass yet.

We are currently in the final stages of a "relaunch" or "rebirth" of Pantheon. One massive change you will all see at the end of these next months is a brand new website and a powerfully refreshed, fortified and defined image of our game studio and our flagship game, Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. The time for us to break onto the scene and shout our name from the rooftops is coming, and coming soon. But when that time does come, the Pantheon that people will see is going to take their breath away -- that's a reality worth being patient for, just a little longer."

Always onward,

Joppa

----------

Everything you guys are asking for, we want too -- and we are working hard to get there. We have to get to the point internally where we can put out updates we are proud of and do them consistently. That takes a lot of planning and forethought, all of which we are doing and have been doing for several months now. As I said above, in 2-3 months, we should have the elements in place to begin a true and professional rhythm of scheduled, dependable updates.

As Kilsin said, we know you guys are hungry and passionate about Pantheon -- we know you want updates and insight and info and Lore and visuals, of course you do! And hear me say this: we want to give it to you! Many of you have seen several different 'eras' of Pantheon's development come and go. If you've been with us for that long, trust me when I say we are transitioning into what I believe is the final, golden era of Pantheon -- the era that will set the pace and contours of our development process to launch and beyond. All of the things you want to see from us, all of the suggestions, all of the "Why can't they see this? If they would just..." -- trust me, we see it, we hear it and we are making every effort to orient our development, marketing and communications to be excellent and indicative of what you would expect from a AAA game in development.

Last thing I'll say: at this point, some of you are probably still wondering, "Ok I get all of that - but all we're asking for is a written update every so often of what you guys have finished/are working on. Why is that so hard?" I'll give it to you straight up -- it's not an issue of it being hard, or us not wanting to do it. We are choosing not to do this yet, for a little while longer, until we are ready and can do it right. Be patient with us down this home stretch, then Onward from there!

Joppa

This post was edited by Joppa at June 10, 2015 9:32 AM PDT
    • 163 posts
    June 3, 2015 8:37 AM PDT

I think the current team is really giving the development a fresh, professional makeover. I think the more we keep bringing it up the and exposing them to defending their choices, the less we contribute to that.

• 180 posts
    June 3, 2015 9:18 AM PDT

Joppa and Kilsin nobody wants your company/game to succeed more then the folks on these forums. I try to support the company as best as I can by paying a monthly fee on top of my initial investment. But in two months it seems we've only received a couple re-imaged screens shots. I don't want to be negative at all but I honestly get more updates by other games I've backed with way less interest. A lot of these companies are also at the same stages Pantheon is at but they do a better job at communicating with their backers. A monthly newsletter isn't a lot to ask for from people who are donating their money to help fund the project.

It can be extremely simple as Brad was working on x and y today and in theory we enjoyed w but we are going to rethink the addition of m.

Joppa has been working on some new music for x zone and Kilsin is falling in love with the sound of the zone so far.

We know you don't want to explain something about the game that you may change later on but let us know what you are currently working on this week and next week. Just knowing you are working on a group oriented area will make most of us very happy.

• 9115 posts
    June 3, 2015 4:42 PM PDT
    Anasyn said:

Joppa and Kilsin nobody wants your company/game to succeed more then the folks on these forums. I try to support the company as best as I can by paying a monthly fee on top of my initial investment. But in two months it seems we've only received a couple re-imaged screens shots. I don't want to be negative at all but I honestly get more updates by other games I've backed with way less interest. A lot of these companies are also at the same stages Pantheon is at but they do a better job at communicating with their backers. A monthly newsletter isn't a lot to ask for from people who are donating their money to help fund the project.

It can be extremely simple as Brad was working on x and y today and in theory we enjoyed w but we are going to rethink the addition of m.

Joppa has been working on some new music for x zone and Kilsin is falling in love with the sound of the zone so far.

We know you don't want to explain something about the game that you may change later on but let us know what you are currently working on this week and next week. Just knowing you are working on a group oriented area will make most of us very happy.

This is exactly what we are working on mate, but the hesitation is due to wanting a professional monthly update that is released in a format that we are happy with and one we can consistently produce going forward. We do not wish to release our first proper monthly update and then next month fall short of content to publish or speak about, so we are in the process of working that format out now.

As the Community Manager, I have put together a few idea's and ran them past Ben De La Durantaye our PR Manager and the rest of the team and we are in the process of discussing the layout and content of these updates. Currently, we do not have enough to fill it due to the current tasks with this internal phase, which I know is probably frustrating to hear but it is the truth. Once we get that format down and we know that we will be able to fill each monthly update with professional and consistent content then we will release the first one and manage the feedback from then on.

I hope you all understand that we want to release information to you but we need to do it in the best and most professional way going forward so when media pick up our updates we are shown in the best light possible to show our companies professional outlook.

• 578 posts
    June 3, 2015 5:02 PM PDT
    I think the problem with Pantheon is that the community was given too much too soon. The game is being relaunched NOT to the public but is being relaunched INTERNALLY. There are people here that have been backing for over a year and a half and normally that would be plenty of time to see some updates and info so yeah normally this people should feel justified to be thrown a bone.

I think Pantheon should be looked at as just starting in these past few months, a game in its infant stages. At least from a players perspective because that helps me understand that info on the game is coming, it's just too soon right now.

Just my two shillings
    • 144 posts
    June 3, 2015 6:45 PM PDT

Super positive thread here...

Thanks all for the replies.  Joppa and Kilsin thanks a ton for the insite to what is happening.  That is almost as good as an update.

Keep up the hard creative work that you do best.

Thanks

~Chaam

• 1778 posts
    June 4, 2015 11:58 AM PDT

I just want to see some details for races and classes. Im guessing classes are still being based off EQ/VG. And Im also guessing that race and class details have changed since the kickstarter. Ive seen ideas and speculation but nothing concrete. Like why would I choose this race over that, race limitations on classes, what races get along and what races are KoS. Details about the 2 specs (subclasses, whatevs) of each class. What each class is capable of in terms of major and minor roles. I mean I have a basic of what classes tank etc. But not how they tank, dps, utility. Because Im usually a one character person. Im not going to make 15 alts to y and z. And Im still where I was several months ago. Not enough details to know if I want to be Tank, CC or Rogue. Is there an evasion/parry main tank? Or maybe a mage type tank (not paladin style)? Is there a CC class with a style Id like (not sure im interested in enchanter would have preferred bard)? Is rogue gonna be straight dps or hybrid dps/debuffs etc? Will it do anything special like trap find or chest unlocking? Will it be a highly technical class (difficult to master, please yes)?

• 9115 posts
    June 4, 2015 4:39 PM PDT
    Amsai said:

I just want to see some details for races and classes. Im guessing classes are still being based off EQ/VG. And Im also guessing that race and class details have changed since the kickstarter. Ive seen ideas and speculation but nothing concrete. Like why would I choose this race over that, race limitations on classes, what races get along and what races are KoS. Details about the 2 specs (subclasses, whatevs) of each class. What each class is capable of in terms of major and minor roles. I mean I have a basic of what classes tank etc. But not how they tank, dps, utility. Because Im usually a one character person. Im not going to make 15 alts to y and z. And Im still where I was several months ago. Not enough details to know if I want to be Tank, CC or Rogue. Is there an evasion/parry main tank? Or maybe a mage type tank (not paladin style)? Is there a CC class with a style Id like (not sure im interested in enchanter would have preferred bard)? Is rogue gonna be straight dps or hybrid dps/debuffs etc? Will it do anything special like trap find or chest unlocking? Will it be a highly technical class (difficult to master, please yes)?

These are all things that we are either working on at the moment or discussing to work out how we want to proceed, a lot of the questions you asked will be answered in a few months with our big update. :)

• 160 posts
    June 11, 2015 7:11 AM PDT

It's commendable that you guys want to make a professional-class update, but in the meantime, surely you can post a screenshot or three per month? It would be far better than months and months with nothing.

• 9115 posts
    June 11, 2015 7:47 AM PDT
    Aethor said:

It's commendable that you guys want to make a professional-class update, but in the meantime, surely you can post a screenshot or three per month? It would be far better than months and months with nothing.

Hi Aethor, we have released multiple updates per month since the beginning of the year; you may have missed our latest one that was released yesterday!

https://www.pantheonrotf.com/forums/topic/1936/introducing-the-dark-myr-of-syr

Feel free to check out our main page, official announcements and blog sections to see everything we have released over the last 6+ months, there are some great updates and information, ranging from Dev Roundtables to Graphical updates to Radio Podcasts and Video updates. You will see more releases in the coming months, so stay tuned!

• 160 posts
    June 11, 2015 8:32 AM PDT

I didn't miss that, but that's concept art, not something that actually exists now in-game... How about some screenshots of what works now?

• 9115 posts
    June 11, 2015 5:44 PM PDT

The update previous to that one showed screenshot examples of different team members and their input to the same picture.

https://www.pantheonrotf.com/blogs/355/167/pantheon-update-may-2015

You can also visit our Facebook page to view a ton of screenshots, mate. 

https://www.facebook.com/pantheonrotf

Plus many other screenshots have been released in previous updates, we did, however, mention that we would be slowing down on screenshots and videos until we are ready for the next big release, so please be patient while we work towards that target.

• 578 posts
    June 11, 2015 10:49 PM PDT

This is random but PLEASE launch the game with the bard class!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LOL I don't want to have to wait until an expac

• 27 posts
    June 17, 2015 11:21 AM PDT
    Joppa said:

Last thing I'll say: at this point, some of you are probably still wondering, "Ok I get all of that - but all we're asking for is a written update every so often of what you guys have finished/are working on. Why is that so hard?" I'll give it to you straight up -- it's not an issue of it being hard, or us not wanting to do it. We are choosing not to do this yet, for a little while longer, until we are ready and can do it right. Be patient with us down this home stretch, then Onward from there!

Joppa

good