Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Zone Announcements

• 453 posts
    May 31, 2015 7:45 AM PDT

How would you feel if in Pantheon each time you crossed into a new chunk or area there was a brief text across the screen announcing the new area you just entered ? Would you like a three way toggle for on / off / first time you enter an area only ? Does it kill immersion for you or is it a nice and helpful thing ?

Perhaps this topic isn't even that relevant *if* there is a lot of old school EQ1 type zoning in Pantheon but I am still curious how you guys feel in general.

POLL:

https://www.pantheonrotf.com/polls/view/243/zone-announcements

• 132 posts
    May 31, 2015 7:57 AM PDT

Toggle is great! :)

• May 31, 2015 8:15 AM PDT

Toggle.  I would like to have some kind of immersion/description message.  Or the simple, "You have entered blahblah zone".

• 1434 posts
    May 31, 2015 1:47 PM PDT

I want:

Now entering High Brace.  LOADING PLEASE WAIT...

in my text box when I'm zoning.

That is all.

• 378 posts
    May 31, 2015 2:57 PM PDT

No thanks, I dislike big messages across the screen during my MMO's.  As long as I can turn it completely off I don't mind if others have it. 

• 308 posts
    May 31, 2015 4:08 PM PDT

just make it a message in the chat box. i dont want messages flying across my screen every time i enter a zone.

• 724 posts
    May 31, 2015 11:22 PM PDT

I like some nice descriptive message when you enter a zone. Like "The lights dim as you enter the forest of XXX" :)

But I too would prefer if this was just a message in the chat box, not all over the screen.

• 999 posts
    June 1, 2015 9:34 AM PDT

I'm all for the Loading Please Wait... similar to Dullahan, but, I'm ok with pretty much every default UI feature in Pantheon being toggle-able depending on player preference, as long as the toggle-able option does not give some unique gameplay advantage.