Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Design a item

• 378 posts
    May 13, 2015 6:18 PM PDT

So part of some of the pledges is we get to Design an Item for Pantheon, I have been thinking about what a i want to Design and wondering what are the limits on the items we get to design ? 

I was thinking a 100 Ft stature of a Golden Cleric named Zandil holding a shield and mace aloft over a slain Dragon called Kilsin in the center of a major town ? 

The cleric could have a Greek god like body with flowing locks over his shoulder ?  maybe go 200 Ft just to ensure everyone sees it ;) 

This post was edited by Zandil at May 17, 2015 8:20 AM PDT
    • 31 posts
    May 13, 2015 8:01 PM PDT
    This sounds legit. +1
    • 9115 posts
    May 13, 2015 8:14 PM PDT
    Zandil said:

So part of some of the pledges is we get to Design an Item for Pantheon, I have been thinking about what a i want to Design and wondering what are the limits on the items we get to design ? 

I was thinking a 100 Ft stature of a Golden Cleric named Zandil holding a shield and mace aloft over a slain Dragon called Kilsin in the center of a major town ? 

The cleric could have a Greek god like body with flowing locks over his shoulder ?  maybe go 200 Ft just to ensure everyone sees it ;) 

I have already taken the initiative and helped design your statue mate, I am sure you will like it!

A little teaser...

Homeless character in rags, under a bridge with an ale in hand, empty of course as there is a puddle of it next to your sleeping body.

I wanted to add in some more detail so I may be able to pull some strings and throw in a rat or two and some rotten food! but no promises lol ;)

• 378 posts
    May 13, 2015 10:09 PM PDT

At least make it a full mug of ale

• 9115 posts
    May 13, 2015 11:24 PM PDT
    Zandil said:

At least make it a full mug of ale

Hahaha! Ok and we can make the mug larger just for you mate ;)

• 87 posts
    May 14, 2015 12:23 PM PDT

i want a quest item called Keiiek's marbles. People who find them have to give them back to me to continue the quest ;)

• 378 posts
    May 14, 2015 3:42 PM PDT

What about a Mt Rushmore style sculpture of my face on the side of a in game mountain ?  People could come from all around the world to admire me 

• 12 posts
    May 14, 2015 4:14 PM PDT
    Keiiek said:

i want a quest item called Keiiek's marbles. People who find them have to give them back to me to continue the quest ;)

Lost... lost. I've lost my marbles.

• 9115 posts
    May 14, 2015 6:21 PM PDT
    Zandil said:

What about a Mt Rushmore style sculpture of my face on the side of a in game mountain ?  People could come from all around the world to admire me 

Lol highly unlikely :)

I did like the one we used to have in VG though, it would be cool to have something similar of prominent and influential Npcs in the world of Terminus.

• 378 posts
    May 14, 2015 6:38 PM PDT

On a serious note ( not to often you hear that from me ) do we know what the restrictions will be for these items ? 

• 9115 posts
    May 14, 2015 8:48 PM PDT
    Zandil said:

On a serious note ( not to often you hear that from me ) do we know what the restrictions will be for these items ? 

I don't think anything has been released in regards to these limitations yet but I would imagine that they would need to remain lore friendly and fit into the world of Terminus without too much effort. Names would also have to be compliant with lore and profanity filters, keeping in mind that what someone finds funny/ok may not be the case for hundreds/thousands of other players who have to see it, so we will need to most likely be fairly careful with those items and names.

Once we get closer to that stage of development I will make sure to get that information out to you all though mate.

• 2138 posts
    May 15, 2015 5:50 PM PDT

The fashionable bag. (this might be impossible).  starts as 2 slot, tiny size, 0% weight reduction. The next step up, one in a series of graduated quests, the bag then becomes a 4 slot, small size, 20% weight reduction bag- but upon opening the bag, each of the empty slots can create a bag in the slot that is 2 slot, tiny, 0% reduction. So you can have in this second bag, 3 small items and then a bag in the bag pocket with 2 tiny size slots. Next: 6 slot, medium, 40% weight reduction, any one pocket of that bag "opened" to a 4 slot and any one pocket in that 4 slot, "opened" to a 2 slot, tiny 0%. next: 8 slot, large, 60% weight reduction and any or all pockets "opened to produce 8,  6 slot, medium bags, and in those etc etc. culminating in a 10 slot, giant, 80% reduction.....A very nice bag to have and fashionable at that- albiet somewhat of a Dr. Seussian nightmare.

It may sorely tax a video card, were one to take the 10 slot, open all slots to generate 10,8 slot bags; to generate 8, 6 slot bags; to generate 6, 4 slot bags; to generate 4, 2 slot bags for a total of......576 2 slot bags? 

This post was edited by Manouk at May 15, 2015 6:03 PM PDT
    • 1095 posts
    December 27, 2017 2:20 PM PST

Zandil said:

Kinda hoping people with this perk get invited into the game or hear something soon so we can think about where or what the item we want to make. Hate to try and fit it in after the world is built.

Also the design questline/boss and name a point of intrest. Maybe after pre-alpha we can be let in to see about how we can fit these things in with what is planned for the areas and be tested in later stages.

This post was edited by Aich at December 27, 2017 2:28 PM PST
    • 238 posts
    December 27, 2017 5:10 PM PST

I had an artist render my idea. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/N65P9gL

• 1095 posts
    December 27, 2017 5:37 PM PST

Xonth said:

I had an artist render my idea. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/N65P9gL

Thats why they took this perk away.

• 249 posts
    December 29, 2017 3:48 PM PST
    This made me actually laugh out loud. That was pretty funny. I think the lost marbles quest would be great!