Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Got an Idea @ Joppa

• 144 posts
    April 17, 2015 7:27 AM PDT

Ok I know there has been multiple posts of things to do in the game outside of Killing and raiding.  I have had the chance to play multiple games since VG went away and I am learning that a lot of games have tons to do when your friends are not around to group or raid.  VG had Diplomacy and crafting and I loved both.

The newest thing I have learned about is games making it where you can play music.

MML@r1l8gn34d+n34c+g+n51g+n32d+b+gn34d+n34c+g+n51

g+n32d+b+gn34d+n34c+g+n51g+n32d+b+gn34d+n34c+g+n51g+n32d+b+

+n39a+>gn34d+n34c+g+n51g+n32d+b+g>c+g+n63g+n44d+b+gn46d+n46c+

g+n63g+n44d+b+gn46d+n46c+n44fg+4d+b+d+gn46d+n46c+n44fg+4d+b+d+

51a+>gn46d+n46c+n44fg+4d+b+d+gn46d+n46c+n44fg+4d+b+d+fn44c+n44fd+g

+d+b+d+g+d+d+n46gn46d+n46gn46l4ffd+d+l8c+n44fn44c+n44fd+g+d+b+d+g+d+d+n46gn46d+n46gn46l4ffd

+d+,r.l8g+a+b+a+g+l4>d+.fd+d+d+l8d+4.f4d+4d+2d+.fd+d+d+l8d

+4.f4d+4f2.d+2c+c+cc+ccc2&cc+c+ccc+c

This is a simple MML file when I say simple I really mean simple of a Taylor Swift sone that you can play on a flute, Piano. guitar etc in the current game I am playing.

So Question is this.  Could this be possible inside of Protf as a side thing to do when people are not around ?

~Chaam

• 1778 posts
    April 17, 2015 7:49 AM PDT
    Would love for bard to be able to do this. Of course I realize bard is a ways off, but it would be cool.
  • April 17, 2015 8:27 AM PDT
    Chaam said:

Ok I know there has been multiple posts of things to do in the game outside of Killing and raiding.  I have had the chance to play multiple games since VG went away and I am learning that a lot of games have tons to do when your friends are not around to group or raid.  VG had Diplomacy and crafting and I loved both.

The newest thing I have learned about is games making it where you can play music.

If I'm understanding your thoughts, Chaam, this could be setup similar to crafting, with skill bumps and more complicated recipes/melodies.

Am I following you or am I way off base?  :)

This post was edited by BloodbeardBattlecaster at April 18, 2015 7:56 AM PDT
    • 144 posts
    April 17, 2015 8:36 AM PDT
    BloodbeardBattlecaster said:
    Chaam said:

If I'm understanding your thoughts, Chaam, this could be setup similar to crafting, with skill bumps and more complicated recipes/melodies.

Am I following you or am I way off base?  :)

Exactly, you skill it up as you play or create if you will.  In the game I am currently playing its more of a copy paste from a site to a piece of music paper.  That and making the music paper is the key way to skilling it up.  The coding portion of this would more rely on the instruments you put in the game to use.  The song its self would sound as the note sounds on any particular instrument.  Its super simple in the creation of the songs and I believe in my "LIMITED" coding knowledge it could be done with ease and very limited resources.

• 1434 posts
    April 17, 2015 2:38 PM PDT

I thought music was a great past time in ArcheAge.  Also, I suggested this in a thread last week. =p

• 144 posts
    April 17, 2015 4:35 PM PDT
    Dullahan said:

I thought music was a great past time in ArcheAge.  Also, I suggested this in a thread last week. =p

Sorry I missed that thread.  Would of loved to been a part of it.  Any real answers there?

• 1434 posts
    April 17, 2015 5:17 PM PDT

I think the topic was about gameplay we'd like to see in Pantheon.  This could probably use its own topic though, because its something that would be fun and wouldn't interfere much with the rest of the game.

The music and composition idea from ArcheAge was great, but there are some tweaks and additional things I'd add.  The first would be a larger variety of instruments.  There was only a handful of them in AA and most of them were weird and not used often.  The other quirk about music in AA that I didn't like (this may sound odd), but was the ability to play multiple musical lines at one time on an instrument incapable of doing so.  Its just unnatural!  It was basically like playing your own accompaniment all on the same instrument, and I don't mean like cords on a guitar.  I'd prefer for there to be some realistic limitations and then create a multiplayer experience.

• 2138 posts
    April 17, 2015 5:57 PM PDT

hidden thingy like, if walking through a forest with apes, where you know that to run or hail is dangerous so you are forced to walk slow. And in the odd chance that you are accidentally intrusive upon a particular ape-social interaction like grooming causing them to posture threatenignly in various stages that can only end in your death- then pulling out a flute or something and playing the song you had to learn in order to buy the flute, and the apes calm down (for music hath charms to soothe the savage beast and you get to apply this wisdom, in game)

• 144 posts
    April 18, 2015 4:49 PM PDT
    Manouk said:

hidden thingy like, if walking through a forest with apes, where you know that to run or hail is dangerous so you are forced to walk slow. And in the odd chance that you are accidentally intrusive upon a particular ape-social interaction like grooming causing them to posture threatenignly in various stages that can only end in your death- then pulling out a flute or something and playing the song you had to learn in order to buy the flute, and the apes calm down (for music hath charms to soothe the savage beast and you get to apply this wisdom, in game)

^^NICE^^