Forums » The Enchanter

What will Enchanter pet look like?

• 58 posts
    March 6, 2015 2:02 AM PST

Personally I dont like the idea of 2 different types of enchanter. The versatility of the enchanter is what makes it challenging. I would rather see it as a sole class with the ability to perform all skills.

• 3 posts
    September 28, 2017 8:53 AM PDT

I imagine as the class name suggest we enchant things. So for me i would like Floating Weapons of sorts. Thats what i dream of what Enchanter Pets should look like.

Even better would be if we can Enchant loot like "Animate Weapon(+Shield)" so i can use loot that i cant wield but put to use with my magic!!

And the last thing ,when we can do that for other People. Meaning giving people a Pet (Floating Weapon). Not sure if Summoned or by Looted Weaponary but i like to be usefull to People that is not in my Group.

Something to Buff other than Mana stuff^^

greetings hope u like the Ideas

• 1108 posts
    October 11, 2017 11:12 AM PDT

Hiobs said:

I imagine as the class name suggest we enchant things. So for me i would like Floating Weapons of sorts. Thats what i dream of what Enchanter Pets should look like.

Even better would be if we can Enchant loot like "Animate Weapon(+Shield)" so i can use loot that i cant wield but put to use with my magic!!

And the last thing ,when we can do that for other People. Meaning giving people a Pet (Floating Weapon). Not sure if Summoned or by Looted Weaponary but i like to be usefull to People that is not in my Group.

I think this is an amazing idea, but at this point probably too late to implement if they haven't already.  That would make looting a weapon for a caster actually beneficial for something other than a stat boost.   Then instead of casting offensive classic spells like the EQ1 enchanter (stuns and small nukes) they could empower the weapons to have special effects at range like shield bash/staff stun or eye slashes depending on the weapon they have enchanted while the animated weapon still makes auto attacks too.  Or they could use their charm if not using their animated weapons... *shrug*  That would've been very cool. 

This post was edited by Darch at October 11, 2017 11:13 AM PDT
    • 4 posts
    December 8, 2017 1:43 PM PST

Controlling any weapon set within the caster's level range (retaining any enchantments) is definitely an awesome idea. Could be thought of an animation or possession specialization. Perhaps the Enchanter would have to expend time and money to "craft" it into a controlled weapon. That process could entail a chance of failure or losing some enchantments on the items.

So cool in concept. Alas as Darch said would almost certainly have to be built in from the start.

• 157 posts
    December 8, 2017 6:47 PM PST

A Shadowcat. A big black panther that you can only see in the shade. In the sunlight it looks like The Predator when he's cloaked. Or some floating sword thingies that you can't order to attack...Brad...

• 1108 posts
    February 21, 2018 8:24 AM PST

Keiiek said:

A Shadowcat. A big black panther that you can only see in the shade. In the sunlight it looks like The Predator when he's cloaked. Or some floating sword thingies that you can't order to attack...Brad...

That's cool.  I always liked the idea of the Enchanter actually being a master of the mind (illusionist/telepathic) as well as "enchanting".  Maybe it could be like an illusionary beast that only exists in the mind, and when it "hits" it is because they believe it to be real.  The type of beast summoned could depend on the enemy you are targeting when cast and it could go away once the type of enemy that isn't affraid of that particular beast no longer exists.  (So if you were fighting giant rats, an illusion of a black panther or large snake that looked holographic/translucent would attack the rats until there are no more rats in the area to believe in the illusion).  The coercer in EQ2 did something like this except the summoned pet looked identical to the target unless you changed its appearance... which I typically did as to not confuse the party.

• 87 posts
    February 24, 2018 8:42 AM PST
    @Darch
    I like that idea, perhaps the enchanter per, changed into what ever that particular mobs worst fear or most susceptible to in Terminus.
    I. E. Cat or snake fort for rodent mobs.
    Fire pets for the abominable snowman
    Snow dragon pet for the fire beasts.

Could tie it into the perception thing
    Using an Enchanter pet, could if perception was high enough. Give you details or hints on the mobs stats, weakness, resists type thing.

Like, if our group was going into a new zone or dungeon, new mobs we never faced before.
    Casting the enchanter per could provide some clue as to what may be more helpful here.

See some new monster- mega Ants, you have no idea how its built. The Enchanter pet spawns as an Elephant with water elements. Therefore, you may assume the ants may be weaker to strength based physical attacks. And water damage.

I dunno if any of that made sense. But hopefully you get the picture
    • 98 posts
    February 27, 2018 10:15 AM PST

Using dumbfire pets only, as illusions summoned by the target's mind? An interesting proposal. Suterian has a good idea as well, using the form the Enchanter's pet takes as a way of detecting weaknesses in mobs. I think this is probably too obvious though, it kind of takes the mystery out of new mobs if an Enchanter can just cast one spell and you suddenly narrow down the possible weaknesses to two or three possibilities.

• 16 posts
    February 27, 2018 11:57 AM PST

Darch said:

Keiiek said:

That's cool.  I always liked the idea of the Enchanter actually being a master of the mind (illusionist/telepathic) as well as "enchanting".  Maybe it could be like an illusionary beast that only exists in the mind, and when it "hits" it is because they believe it to be real.  The type of beast summoned could depend on the enemy you are targeting when cast and it could go away once the type of enemy that isn't affraid of that particular beast no longer exists.  (So if you were fighting giant rats, an illusion of a black panther or large snake that looked holographic/translucent would attack the rats until there are no more rats in the area to believe in the illusion).  The coercer in EQ2 did something like this except the summoned pet looked identical to the target unless you changed its appearance... which I typically did as to not confuse the party.

Yes and only the person being enchanted could see it. Would love to be in combat and watch a mob get stuck fighting something invisible lol. It would have to be done well so other people would know they were being engaged by an enchanter pet.

This post was edited by woodpipes at February 27, 2018 11:58 AM PST
    • 16 posts
    February 27, 2018 11:59 AM PST

Hiobs said:

i have to say, i LOVE this idea.

• 451 posts
    February 27, 2018 2:56 PM PST

To enchant is to put someone or something under a spell . so anything living or non ... even a weapon lol .. 

• 858 posts
    February 27, 2018 8:33 PM PST

I'd prefer the enchanter summoned pet to only be a short term illusion... more of a distraction than anything, maybe even one that takes agro immediately but has a hard cap on how long it holds it for or maybe it fails once the mob is hit or certain damage is accumulated... I'd prefer if the actual fighting pet be through using a charm spell on a real mob.

I liked all the ideas here for how that illusion would look!   Summoning the mobs "enemy / fear" sounds especially cool, but would be a fair bit of effort to come up with all the possibilities

• 157 posts
    March 12, 2018 2:35 PM PDT

How about a spell you can cast on an NPC that collects that NPC's visage as the image for your pet the next time you summon it?