Forums » The Wizard

Wizard Lore

• 62 posts
    February 11, 2015 9:27 PM PST

I think the devs and the community have made a great deal of progress in the development of the classes on paper. There's not much that I think I can comment on for this class as it seems to be coming along nicely (until the inevitable balancing phase begins).

I am especially surprised to see illusions listed in the first post. Excuse me for being new, but could someone fill me in on this mechanic? What happens to Enchanters now?

My bigger question is are there any thoughts on the lore style of the Wizard class? Would you prefer to see a Harry Potter everyone-studies-in-a-castle type situation, or should the lore focus on making the PC feel like they are part of a small group of selected people with the gift of sorcery/knowledge? In other words, when questing/acquiring spells, what would you like to see happen?

Whenever I think Wizard, I personally imagine two things: An old guy in a tower reading ancient texts in a frozen wasteland, and an old guy in a tower reading ancient text in a desert wasteland. Seems archetypical, but I like it. Not so much a fan of the Hogwarts style lore. Perhaps the Lord of the Rings style is more appealing to me. Your own thoughts?

• 704 posts
    February 11, 2015 11:33 PM PST
    Vortikai said:

I think the devs and the community have made a great deal of progress in the development of the classes on paper. There's not much that I think I can comment on for this class as it seems to be coming along nicely (until the inevitable balancing phase begins).

I am especially surprised to see illusions listed in the first post. Excuse me for being new, but could someone fill me in on this mechanic? What happens to Enchanters now?

What post are you talking about? Is there some new lore/concept available I didn't see yet?

• 62 posts
    February 12, 2015 8:51 AM PST

The stickied post in this forum.

• 210 posts
    February 13, 2015 6:07 PM PST
    Vortikai said:

The stickied post in this forum.

That stickied post is not current Vortikai, so it's not necessarily reflective of our current direction. Sorry for the confusion, but thanks for the reminder to clean up these class forums to make way for the new class information.

Also, if there is ever a question about whether info on this site is current, remember to check www.thekeepersvault.com - if it's not in the vault, then it's not official!

• 62 posts
    February 14, 2015 10:13 PM PST

I see! Thank you for clarifying things for me.

• 76 posts
    March 17, 2016 10:23 AM PDT

I love Wizardry.  I am a fan of Harry Potter and LoTR...so both styles appeal to me.  I envision my wizard as an old man with a long beard, half moon glasses, long staff, pipe and pointy hat.

I would love to see wizards in a tower studying for their early years of development.  I guess to do that in game you would be looking for knowledge as a general rule.