Forums » The Enchanter

Enchanter Enchanting Mechanics

• 157 posts
    February 5, 2015 6:45 PM PST

What can we enchant and how? What are the results? Very basically, i'm thinking "enchant weapon" requirement basic weapon + various precious gem = glowing basic weapon (now considered a magic weapon) with various stat

This post was edited by Keiiek at February 5, 2015 6:49 PM PST
    • 1012 posts
    February 6, 2015 4:33 AM PST

I would like to see enchants that are used by tradeskillers such as the following:

Bars - a la EQ for Jewelcraft.  How:  I liked the Jewelcraft tradeskill in EQ where you could buy the bars/gems from the vendor and enchanters had purchasable spells to enchant them.  And, higher level gems drop off mobs.

Ore - for Blacksmithing Weapons/Armor.  Armorwise - Add small bonuses like Sv vs Fire, etc.  Weapons, perhaps add a minor weapon proc like "Burst of Flame" or potentially a small damage bonus like EQ weapons did starting with Luclin I think? like... 10/20 damage/delay weapon +1 fire damage (Saves/Proc/Element damage would increase as enchants improved).  I wouldn't want any particle effects for either weapon/armor as I would want those reserved for truly unique weapons like the Fiery Avenger in EQ.  How:  Vendor Ingredients + Droppable Materials:  Such as a Lava Rock from a Fire elemental that could be enchanted.

Leather/Cloth - For tailoring armor - same as Blacksmithing.  How:  Vendor Ingredients + Droppable Materials: such as singed pelts.

• 353 posts
    February 6, 2015 6:23 AM PST

I am thinking that the enchanters Enchant any weapon and any chestpiece temporarily. it would last until you logout. or die. i say this because the Gems will doubtless be expensive. and probably hard to come by.

Spell: Enchant Weapon - Gives the Weapon(s) of the targeted player Temporary Enchantment based on regent used

Regent Examples - Ruby = Flame proc

Sapphire = Ice Proc

Cats Eye Agate = +Accuracy

Diamond = +Crit chance

Spell: Enchant Armor - Same as above just replace "Weapon(s)" with "Armor"

Regent Examples - Ruby = %Fire Resist

Sapphire = %Cold Resist

Cats Eye Agate = +Avoidance

Diamond = +AC

Now i am proposing that this work on all weapons or chestpieces just like a buff, but for the weapon or armor itself rather than the player. this does not take a buff slot. when you inspect the item you would see the Enchanted stat or whatever in a different color or something. so you would see something like this:

Godsword of Uberusness

Atk 99

Dly 1

STR 99

AGI 99

Crit Chance +5%

Crit Chance +5%

the above denotes that Godsword has 5% Crit Chance naturally and another 5% Enchanted so the sword would add 10% to crit chance total i would also propose that weapon procs could stack (as long as one of them is from an Enchant). lets take another look at the Godsword

Godsword of Uberusness

Atk 99

Dly 1

STR 99

AGI 99

Blade of Frost 75 direct damage

Ignite 75 Direct Damage

the above would mean that this sword has a chance of either of those procs going off. they would be on separate RNG so there is even the chance of them going off together. this also adds the thought of combos doing different things. maybe if the ice and fire go off together it could add the "Steamed" effect. this would increase the mob's hatred of you.

This post was edited by Gawd at February 6, 2015 7:45 AM PST
    • 180 posts
    May 19, 2017 8:54 AM PDT

Gawd said:

I am thinking that the enchanters Enchant any weapon and any chestpiece temporarily. it would last until you logout. or die. i say this because the Gems will doubtless be expensive. and probably hard to come by.

((EDIT WALL OF TEXT))

the above would mean that this sword has a chance of either of those procs going off. they would be on separate RNG so there is even the chance of them going off together. this also adds the thought of combos doing different things. maybe if the ice and fire go off together it could add the "Steamed" effect. this would increase the mob's hatred of you.

I always thought enchanters should "enchant" player's equipment.  Even if only while grouped, or for a limited time, this seems like a nifty idea.  Nothing over-powered, but a small "on top of your item's regular stats" type buff.

• 157 posts
    August 19, 2017 12:14 PM PDT

I love all these ideas, keepem coming!

• 405 posts
    August 6, 2018 9:38 AM PDT

I have some questions and concerns with the enchanter mechanics. Maybe you can put my mind at ease.

1.Will the Enchanter be the only mana battery class or will others have similar talents? 

2.Will the Enchanter have the strongest mezz? 

If so it will guarantee that there will always be a group spot for the Enchanter because of the need for such abilities potenially meaning every group will have an enchanter.  My concern is that the group make up will start to become a standard. Tank, healer, dps and enchanter plus two tag along extras. May not mean much, but I'm curious. We have all played enough to know how players get with classes. 

• 461 posts
    August 6, 2018 11:00 PM PDT

1: As it stands, other classes may have similar talents such as the Bard and or the Necro but to a lesser degree. On Wednesday the Pure Caster reveal will shed light on the capabilities of the Enchanter. At that point we'll know more.

2: Yes, most definitely since they are the premier CC class in the game. Bards will likely fill this role in a similar methodology. Other classes have the ability to CC as well but to a much more limited degree such as Rogues and Smoke & Mirrors.

Groups in Pantheon much like EQ1 will be wide ranging given the content they wanted to take on. You could solo, duo, etc. It typically depended on how far in or how difficult of content you wish to take on. Pantheon should be no different and like EQ1, for the content requiring 4+ people you will probably want the trinity which is the foundation of a group. That's Tank, Healer and CC. With that you can manage a zone but DPS would be somewhat slow which is why classes devoted to DPS is extremely helpful to aid in the speed allowing for more packed areas when you're dealing with multiples at the same time.

There was a poll a month+ ago asking what players wanted to play. This is of course subject to change but a 6-player group format really allows for more of a structure that allows for the 3rd DPS slot to be for utility/DPS from typically a non DPS class.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1psuzyXlQ1gd0TUP2wjmaFJlhRgIakFZm8-bvDywTA8o/edit?usp=sharing

This post was edited by Janus at August 6, 2018 11:01 PM PDT
    • 26 posts
    August 6, 2018 11:28 PM PDT

Shamans have clarity, which is a mana regen buff.

• 461 posts
    August 7, 2018 8:22 AM PDT

Korashi said:

Shamans have clarity, which is a mana regen buff.

Not sure where that is. Maybe I missed it.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/classes/shaman/

• 405 posts
    August 8, 2018 7:29 AM PDT

Darkintellect said:

2: Yes, most definitely since they are the premier CC class in the game. Bards will likely fill this role in a similar methodology. Other classes have the ability to CC as well but to a much more limited degree such as Rogues and Smoke & Mirrors. 

True enough. Like healers, tanks and dps have multiple versions of their types. I forgot the rogue and its CC. Hopefully the other casters will get some CC tricks as well to round that area out.  We'll find out today.