Forums » The Enchanter

More challenging mechanics for CC

• 1217 posts
    October 24, 2017 4:55 AM PDT

Iksar said:

I really don't think we can let charm keep the targets original stats, thats just asking for enchanters to be super soloers. If you try to counter it by making it short term and/or heavily resisted then you end up with a dead spell. Let charm be a slightly risky form of CC where the charmed loses a grip of damage and I'd say it's fine, a charmed mob more in a lulled thrall state fighting without emotion or ferocity.

I agree,  there's no reason other than "I want this" that mobs should retain full dps capabilities.  I'm fine with charming + buffing + giving items = close to full dps,  but you should never exceed it.  

Think of it like this.  If you send your pet you attack the same exact mob 1 on 1, it should lose everytime. 

• 424 posts
    November 20, 2017 7:14 AM PST

I'm fine with charming + buffing + giving items = close to full dps,  but you should never exceed it.  

Think of it like this.  If you send your pet you attack the same exact mob 1 on 1, it should lose everytime. 

Depends on whether charm is fixed or random duration. If fixed, sure, make the pet weaker than the non-charm version, but if charm has a chance to break every 6 seconds or duration is short, then a fully powered pet that gets uber with your buffs isperfectly acceptable, considering what you'll be dealing with when charm breaks.