Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Super-duper important question

• 724 posts
    October 9, 2023 7:27 AM PDT

We can climb things? Yes?  Can we climb trees? Yes? Good!  So how many people can we get in one tree?  

The next test session should focus on tree capacity.  I have spoken.  

• 1282 posts
    October 9, 2023 10:38 AM PDT

How high up and what happens when the branch I'm on snaps because you thought it could handle your weight?!  Do I damage all the people on the way down as I fall like Rambo?  What does the bloody mess on the ground look like when all is said and done?

• 394 posts
    October 9, 2023 10:39 AM PDT

A few factors we would need to lay out though.

What type of a tree? just a Thronefast oak?

Race of the player? we could fit a lot more Halflings in one than some Ogres.

• 724 posts
    October 9, 2023 2:15 PM PDT

How about 10 Ogres at the top of a palm tree, in a zone with the wind blast affect?  

• 2049 posts
    October 9, 2023 2:45 PM PDT

This sounds like a really good idea for a quest!

• 200 posts
    October 10, 2023 2:20 AM PDT

More important question: if you play a female character, can you get pregnant?

;)

Cheers

• 3852 posts
    October 10, 2023 7:42 AM PDT

Pregnant? From a TREE??? Oh my. 

• 1282 posts
    October 10, 2023 8:58 AM PDT

Maybe not from the tree, but possibly from having too many people in that tree...together.  

• 2419 posts
    October 10, 2023 9:08 AM PDT

StoneFish said:

We can climb things? Yes?  Can we climb trees? Yes? Good!  So how many people can we get in one tree?  

The next test session should focus on tree capacity.  I have spoken.  

Have you seen any example, in any stream, that climbing trees is possible?

• 2049 posts
    October 10, 2023 6:57 PM PDT

Vandraad said: Have you seen any example, in any stream, that climbing trees is possible?

That's a good point. I myself have not. But do remember, the OP is a Halfling. They can probably climb tall ferns without knocking them over.

• 724 posts
    October 11, 2023 4:56 AM PDT

I saw players climbing a fallen tree that was huge and then they had to speak to a tree creature that gave them a quest and then they performed magic from their butt and an animated skeleton somehow laughed, so ya, I think climbing trees will be possible there Vandraad.   Got any other nit-picky musings ya want to toss my way or will you be content with your proverbial daily fart-in-an-elevator contributions to existence? ;-p

• 1282 posts
    October 11, 2023 11:22 AM PDT

At least if the fart was in a tree the wind would blow it away

• 2049 posts
    October 11, 2023 8:50 PM PDT

Yes, I now remember the Faerthale reveal where players climbed a tree! So at least SOME trees are climbable. Not to mention that at one point VR said (I'm paraphrasing) we aren't going to make some things climbable, we're going to make some things NOT climbable. Everything else will be.