Forums » News and Announcements

New Pantheon Gameplay from CohhCarnage

• VR Staff
    • 510 posts
    January 30, 2023 12:01 PM PST

Just back from vacation, CohhCarnage hopped into Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen during this last weekend's PA test session. If you were unable to get into the test session yourself or you just missed Cohh's live stream, the video is now available on the CohhCarnage YouTube page. Have a watch and see the latest in game development!

• 326 posts
    January 30, 2023 7:13 PM PST

Morraak was kinda enough to give me the heads up in the P+ Rewind comments. Thanks for the link Savanja.

• 839 posts
    February 1, 2023 4:13 AM PST

As a long time supporter its great to see the game more and more, im just not sure if to the average joe seeing level 1 - 6ish solo play from Cohh is doing you guys any favours for ramping up interest.

Just a thought if that was the intention of the coverage.

• 2 posts
    February 1, 2023 10:25 AM PST

I think the stream was awesome. I love how he shows off the small things in the world and keeps it very entertaining for people who never heard of Pantheon.

• VR Staff
    • 510 posts
    February 1, 2023 12:32 PM PST

Hokanu said:

As a long time supporter its great to see the game more and more, im just not sure if to the average joe seeing level 1 - 6ish solo play from Cohh is doing you guys any favours for ramping up interest.

Just a thought if that was the intention of the coverage.

It was not. Cohh was just playing for his own amusement and we just wanted to make sure that those who were interested, had a look.

• 200 posts
    February 1, 2023 2:02 PM PST

Hello. ♥

The animations are very clunky and stiff. But the game looks good so far. :)

Cheers

• 2001 posts
    February 1, 2023 2:27 PM PST

Hokanu said:

im just not sure if to the average joe seeing level 1 - 6ish solo play from Cohh is doing you guys any favours for ramping up interest.

It is likely that the great majority of people who watched Cohh's stream are among his 1.5 million followers. They are mostly gamers, who should be used to his playstyle given how many games he plays & streams. As followers they are also predisposed to take some interest in any game Cohh chooses to play and give some credibility to his opinions about such.

During the stream Cohh spoke of his interest in Pantheon, his attraction to the style & gameplay of Panth, his optimism about its development progress, the fact that he has personally invested in Pantheon, and how much he looks forward to playing it at release.

All of those things are great PR for Pantheon.

(Also F.Y.I. Cohh only made it to level 2)

• 839 posts
    February 1, 2023 4:35 PM PST
    I have enjoyed cohhs coverage of pantheon and these recent vids are great for us backers. I'm just wondering if the more involved gameplay loop than level 1 mobs and sit might be better for putting out there via pantheons biggest steamer as the social media presence ramps up. Definitely not a hater just thinking it loud :)
    • 2001 posts
    February 1, 2023 6:34 PM PST

I totally get where you're coming from. After last month's stream, I was feeling like "why didn't he get into a group much earlier?". But I've realized that for the first couple of levels, he's doing pretty much what I will be doing when I get there :) And I'll be starting out with more knowledge of my chosen class mechanics than Cohh currently has.

I heard him say that he plans to be in the PA regularly. I'm sure once he gets comfortable with whatever class he decides on, things will get a bit more exciting.

Never thought you were hating on him. I'm just highly opinionated :D

• 839 posts
    February 2, 2023 1:59 AM PST

All good points from both your replies Jothany! Onwards and upwards. I am keen to see what the next few months of tests hold re progress and especially keen to see some veteran testers be able to show their grouped exploration if vr gives them the opportunity to.

This post was edited by Hokanu at February 2, 2023 2:00 AM PST