Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Camp Sites?

• 144 posts
    September 21, 2022 12:23 PM PDT

Will there be several camp sites around each map, and maybe even 1-3 in each dungeon, that are safe from mobs? Should there be? 

I'm imagining a camp site looking like an abandoned fire pit with maybe a bench or tent around that denotes that small area is safe to log off in. This would be greatly beneficial for those who have limited play time considering the size of the maps and lack of instant travel. 

The other option is not having these and hoping you don't log off in the pathing area of some mini boss or patrols that will potentially wreck you as you log in. Could be part of the fun, lol. I would say if VR goes this route, you should be invulnerable for the first 15-30 seconds you log in (ended prematurely once you attack) to avoid people dying while their visuals are still loading.

• 612 posts
    September 21, 2022 4:22 PM PDT

I'll just leave this here for you... don't break it.

• 144 posts
    September 21, 2022 6:17 PM PDT

GoofyWarriorGuy said:

I'll just leave this here for you... don't break it.

Thank you for this! I do remember watching this. I don't know how prevelant these will be inside the dungeons and outside in the open world. The one in this video and the little nook found in the Fortress DeViare stream were somewhat hidden. Will the open world ones be as well? Or will they be way less common, if at all present in every open world zone, with the expectation of people running to the closest towns? 

I personally don't always wait for designated safe spots and will log out in any little nook I find. I like being closer to where I was vs the safety of someplace further away. Maybe I should specify this is more about the scarcity (or lack thereof) of these camps, not whether VR would actually implement them at all which is what my post seemed to imply. Would people rather not see them in certain more difficult dungeons and areas? Do you not use them and therefore not care?

It wasn't the most clearly worded post, my apologies. 

This post was edited by Feastycentral at September 21, 2022 6:18 PM PDT
    • 612 posts
    September 21, 2022 6:37 PM PDT

Feastycentral said:

Thank you for this! I do remember watching this. I don't know how prevelant these will be inside the dungeons and outside in the open world. The one in this video and the little nook found in the Fortress DeViare stream were somewhat hidden. Will the open world ones be as well? Or will they be way less common, if at all present in every open world zone, with the expectation of people running to the closest towns?

They have not clarified if these will be a dungeon only thing or if you can see them out in the general world at large too. The lastest they have spoken about them was in this past July 2022 Dev roundtable.

Checkout: Here, and This and then again Here.

These points sparked the following thread: How to exploit a campfire which had some debate you might find interesting.

This post was edited by GoofyWarriorGuy at September 21, 2022 6:37 PM PDT
    • 3852 posts
    September 22, 2022 9:31 AM PDT

Whether there are campsites, as such, doesn't much matter to me. 

I do hope there are areas where  enemies do not wander so that we can go afk occasionally without having to log out of the game completely or return to a town or city.

I likewise hope that the roads are relatively safe though not absolutely safe. It can be enormously frustrating trying to get somewhere to do something and needing to stop for a fight every few feet.

Of course constant fighting makes sense, and is therefore not frustrating, if one invades havily populated mob or enemy faction areas. But most roads should not have more than the occasional mob wandering over or the occasional programmed ambush.

This post was edited by dorotea at September 22, 2022 9:32 AM PDT
    • 945 posts
    September 22, 2022 10:28 AM PDT

dorotea said:

I do hope there are areas where  enemies do not wander so that we can go afk occasionally without having to log out of the game completely or return to a town or city.

I likewise hope that the roads are relatively safe though not absolutely safe. It can be enormously frustrating trying to get somewhere to do something and needing to stop for a fight every few feet.

Of course constant fighting makes sense, and is therefore not frustrating, if one invades havily populated mob or enemy faction areas. But most roads should not have more than the occasional mob wandering over or the occasional programmed ambush.

Same - If I have to log off every time I step away for a moment in order to not fear dying, I'm just going to play a PvP game.