Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Tavern Talk - Are you part of a guild?

• 9115 posts
    February 14, 2022 4:00 AM PST

Tavern Talk - Are you part of a guild? If so, What kind of guild is it and how big? Have you got any guild goals in mind for Pantheon? Don't be shy, give your guild a shout out! #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

• 3852 posts
    February 14, 2022 8:53 AM PST

Yes but I am quite inactive at the moment. I didn't join a guild to talk about Pantheon I can, and do, use the forums for that. I joined with the idea that it would be good to be in a guild during alpha especially if there was any guild functionality in the game to test. When alpha is imminent I will get more active.

• 86 posts
    February 14, 2022 5:08 PM PST

I plan on finding one when alpha is within sight.

• 4 posts
    February 14, 2022 5:45 PM PST

I am planning on waiting till Alpha at least, before joining or forming a guild.

• 326 posts
    February 14, 2022 10:43 PM PST

Like the others above, once alpha lands I will put some effort into finding a guild.

• 902 posts
    February 15, 2022 2:04 AM PST

Ditto (although I do have a couple in mind).

• 177 posts
    February 15, 2022 6:16 AM PST

I have not been in a guild since the EQ Progression Server, Vulak, which started all the way back in February 2011. Insanity! My primary plan for joining a guild is to adventure with others in Alpha and gravitate to like-minded people. If they are in a guild, I’ll explore the guild. That is how I find and eventually join a guild.

• 2138 posts
    February 15, 2022 7:15 AM PST

I would like to be a purist and let it happen organically once Pantheon goes live, with online "Hi-bye"'s, aquaintences and friendships taking weeks to months to establish first before "facebook stalking" other friends or guild members of said friends- because I mean these days thats what people do, right? sort of. But, realizing the reality of things and the maturity (in MMO ideals, not age) of the current pantheon community I would probably jump into a guild in alpha or once it goes live for the following reasons: 1. ability to be with a group of like minded people regarding game play at the outset (and possibly give the devs a look-see into the matchmaking thingamabob? considering there is a group-set already created; test how it works, can break apart and reform etc based on details provided, used, added or not used i.e. time zone, time of day as a start) 2. To explore group dynamics of said guild and help polish initial guild overview/statement. 3. test said overview in beta by applying various recruiting strategies that fit within the overall framework 4. test if this strategy can apply to all level ranges and not just top end. I personally think it would be nice to be able to show newbies and mid levels leadership and organization to accomplish things, hard things, things above their level- at those levels in a group setting as that will easily transition into a multi group dynamic; know your class, know your place kind of thing.

The problem: which one! because the community is so sophisticated, there are many fine layers in each guild. oh sure, the net is broad but it comes down to the people :) and all the people are desirable :D

This post was edited by Manouk at February 15, 2022 7:15 AM PST
    • 801 posts
    February 15, 2022 8:07 AM PST

Brand said:

I am planning on waiting till Alpha at least, before joining or forming a guild.

I agree, see how alpha goes first. Check out the classes, find out some pro's and con's then decide. Just rolling characters to fit roles in guilds is not really wise.

Then again, we have to see Alpha first.

• 258 posts
    February 15, 2022 9:43 AM PST

To me a sense of community is a community (or guild in this case) to log online everyday and having that sense of greeting each other like people should. If there isn't that, there isn't much of a guild IMHO.

To answer @Kilsin's question: I have yet not. I honestly don't even know how things will play out. Or even if I'll ever find a community I can click with, so for now I'm just hoping for my Guild to get some attention. Other than that I'm hoping to find a great community that I can have fun with.

This post was edited by Arzoth at February 15, 2022 10:13 AM PST
    • 454 posts
    February 15, 2022 11:37 AM PST

Finding the right guild is very important.  I'd like to find a guild before launch, maybe during beta, but while I'm ever the optimist, imo launch is years away.  I'll be looking for a guild that allows for my altoholism, and not requiring Terminus to become a job. A guild of this type requires about 100 separate accounts, in order to allow for playing to get her.  (Really spell check? together?) I eventually do plan on playing my main toon about four hours per session, four or five days a week.  Terminus is important, but I still have a life outside it.  I'm primarily a social player, so grouping is important and I'd like to raid eventually.  I definitely do not see myself as someone that is gunning for cutting edge play.  I've no interest in running a guild or being an officer (etc), but I will help out as needed.  I enjoy helping lower level toons with gear, spells and the like.  

• 220 posts
    February 15, 2022 10:14 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Tavern Talk - Are you part of a guild? If so, What kind of guild is it and how big? Have you got any guild goals in mind for Pantheon? Don't be shy, give your guild a shout out! #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

I don't have a guild but I do want to be in one when Pantheon launches. 

My goal would be to grind exp party and do lots of solo quest. Either with guild or a random group.

I enjoy solo alot because I love to explore the world. I also enjoy guild event and help build the guild goal 

• 295 posts
    February 15, 2022 10:38 PM PST

Like I said before elsewhere, I'll be waiting until the game releases before deciding on a guild. I want to spend some time with my class and getting acclimated(pun intended) to the world of Terminus. It depends on what server I'm on and whose there. It will definitely be a lot to take in on release, so I want to the space to do so. 

This post was edited by Dikenzu at February 15, 2022 10:40 PM PST
    • 258 posts
    February 16, 2022 7:21 AM PST

Well, Me, you, Jothany, StoneFish(?) and more that I hope have replied to a post I made consider to at least join the same server and decide from there. That's just what I think... but it'sup to y'all. I'm hoping more will join the cause :)

• 252 posts
    February 16, 2022 12:04 PM PST

I want to wait until I get into game. I'd like to play in some random groups and get a feel for the game and then join a guild with someone(s) that I have enjoyed grouping with.

• 258 posts
    February 16, 2022 3:32 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Ok, here's the thing @everyone when I talk about me joining a guild and what it's going to have to be based on and that's a huge requirement for me. To me, when I think of a Guild, I think of a group of people that want to HAVE FUN, TALK $#!+, HAVE DRUNKEN RAID NIGHTS and still have 0 (zero) negativity. If there's some bad comment said, then we know we account for ourselves to point us in the right direction and keep going about our fun times and keep talking and having fun. I'm very straight forward when it comes to calling BS out but just know that I never mean anything bad about it. It's just me having fun (LMAO) I take it a lot of people don't like being called out but I seriously do it with the very very minimal intent of being an a$$-hole to anyone and I'm not trying to sound like someone is below me or whatever... no. I think it should be a group thing of us telling us where we messed up, STILL have fun and move on with our gaming.

IF I was to find a certain type of people that can handle the magnitude of chill vibes that I can bring to the table. Trust me.. we'd be having fun forever!

I really think there's lots of fun to be had and my mind has yet to unleash itself in a group setting. I just don't know if people are ready >:)

EDIT: Oh, and the reason why I want to start my own Guild is because I know I'm capable of making the right decisions at the right time and I am 100% accountable for anything pertaining the Guild's motto or rules because I know what a great community needs and that's all you need to know >:) <3

This post was edited by Arzoth at February 16, 2022 3:44 PM PST
    • 394 posts
    February 17, 2022 4:42 PM PST

No, but one day I would like to be cool too...

• 417 posts
    February 20, 2022 12:29 PM PST

Since I was 7 years old, Dungeons and Dragons has been a passion of mine. I’ve always sought out groups who enjoy working together to overcome shared challenges, who relish creating shared stories and a sense of strong comradery. This passion ultimately led me to Everquest and my love for Everquest has brought me to Pantheon. For Pantheon, I am working on bringing together a group of likeminded players who enjoy adding RP to their hack n slash. We aim to add immersion through RP to our dungeon crawls and exploration, an added challenge as Patheon is not a turn based game, there are no pause buttons, but all done on the fly as we interact with the world of Terminus. Our guild will be a family friendly guild that aims to enjoy all that Pantheon has to offer at our own pace while stiving to be the best we can be together. If this strikes a chord with you, then we would love to have you in “Audacious Procurement”. If you want it, we can get it. PM Thorndeep for more info.

• 200 posts
    February 20, 2022 1:49 PM PST

I like big guilds. :) And i do not have a specific guild in mind so far.

Cheers

• 256 posts
    February 20, 2022 3:06 PM PST

I am part of a guild called Medium Ævum. We have multiple communities for various games, but our long-term focus is on Pantheon. We have a small but decently-sized community. We have plans to start recruiting for Pantheon when it gets closer to beta. We hope to see many of you guys when that time comes. 

This post was edited by FatedEmperor at March 1, 2022 7:56 PM PST