Forums » News and Announcements

Our January 2022 Newsletter is live!

• 9115 posts
    January 20, 2022 5:03 AM PST
    The team has been hard at work after the Christmas break and you can read all about it in this months newsletter:

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at January 20, 2022 5:03 AM PST
    • 34 posts
    January 20, 2022 10:43 AM PST

No Druid love!~

:*(

• 326 posts
    January 20, 2022 1:23 PM PST

Nature Shroud

Gather Nature energy around yourself, forming it into a mystical cloak. This cloak makes you invisible to living, non-magical targets. Can be used Indoors.

This post was edited by Thunderleg at January 20, 2022 1:29 PM PST
    • 2045 posts
    January 20, 2022 7:29 PM PST

Thunderleg said:

Nature Shroud

Gather Nature energy around yourself, forming it into a mystical cloak. This cloak makes you invisible to living, non-magical targets. Can be used Indoors.

Of course Druids are awesome! I'm just guessing that Flea's comment was about not getting any new info about Druids in the Newsletter.

I can relate. I'm very excited about playing a Ranger as an archer. And two of my MOST anticipated Classes are planned to be a Skar and a Dark Myr. 2 of the 3 remaining Races who are still on a slow boat from Reignfall (with a stopover in Whitethaw)

:)

This post was edited by Jothany at January 20, 2022 7:30 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    January 20, 2022 7:58 PM PST

flea said:

No Druid love!~

Fixed, Druid love should be there now :)

• 9 posts
    January 20, 2022 11:17 PM PST

The roadmap to alpha reads like ... "we re-invent the wheel" !

• 2045 posts
    January 21, 2022 12:28 PM PST

Minnimix said: The roadmap to alpha reads like ... "we re-invent the wheel" !

Not intending to be rude, but your post reads like "I don't really know anything about building an MMO, but I'm unhappy".

If you were a bit more specific in what you have concerns about, you might get a useful reply that would be more satisfying.

• 394 posts
    January 21, 2022 4:43 PM PST

As someone whos lives in snow the majority of the year I'm glad we've re-invented the wheel a few times.

Driving on ice with a no thread tire would likely kill me.

• 34 posts
    January 21, 2022 6:40 PM PST

Kilsin said:

flea said:

No Druid love!~

Fixed, Druid love should be there now :)

<3 ... lol

• 46 posts
    January 22, 2022 7:04 AM PST

Class Development: In Progress UPDATED
    What it is: Implementation of remaining core class components such as unique resources, mechanics, and UI.

• Dire Lord, Wizard, Monk, Enchanter, and Cleric classes are now in a playtest ready state.
    • Paladin, Warrior, Rogue, and Shaman classes are being refined into their playtest ready states.
    • We are continuing to tune and refine adjustments to our core combat systems as internal playtesting takes place.
    • Reminder: due to outstanding dependencies, deployment of the Ranger, Druid and Summoner classes remain on hold until the integration of our new Networking stack is complete.

Network Overhaul: In Progress
    What it is: Development of a custom network solution to enable performant player concurrency and server-side calculations on the required scale of an MMORPG.

I'm so excited about the Network Overhaul, but expecialy what happens after that with the Ranger when the Network is complete.

Ok well im super excited about the Ranger Class.

• January 22, 2022 12:04 PM PST

Not intending to be rude, but your post reads like "I don't really know anything about building an MMO, but I'm unhappy".

How is the way you put this going to be percevied by anyone as anything other than "rude"?

People are entitled to be "unhappy" with the progress of the game, especially if they have pledged and watched things go back to the drawing board numerous times.  I pledged over 4 years ago, and I know many more pledged even further back than that.  And the fact that the game is still in Pre-Alpha is depressing.  People should be allowed to air their frustrations here, as long as they are civil about it.  Because regardless how negative those feelings are, I have hope for this game and that keeps me going.  I have faith that VR will pull this off and release a fanastic game.  But you cannot have light without darkness, good without evil, or in this case positive feelings without negative.

• 9115 posts
    January 22, 2022 3:50 PM PST

Let's keep it friendly and on track, everyone is entitled to an opinion and everyone is entitled to question that opinion and to be fair, I was a bit baffled reading Minnimix' comment too, reinventing the wheel is the furthest thing I got from our Newsletter and not at all what we're doing.

• 2045 posts
    January 22, 2022 4:06 PM PST

In the immortal words of Emily Litella, "Never Mind".

:)

This post was edited by Jothany at January 22, 2022 4:06 PM PST
    • 258 posts
    January 23, 2022 12:47 PM PST
    Hi Emily!